Pages:
Author

Topic: TIME TO BUY! Parabolic SAR just flipped the side - page 3. (Read 7147 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
Looks like we have a third dot on parabolic SAR supporting the new trend. I sure did right to buy in at 85. Now gotta spend it fast to lock the profit Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

JUST SAYIN'

On this chart alone I count 4 failures.
Two in May one in August and one in October. The October one could could have been profited from with the right exit strategy, but the ones in the bull market and the August one would have been absolutely disastrous independently of strategy.

4 failures < 9 successes, no?

I can't argue with that. But it was my own fault it's actually 5 failures.

The point is psar works well with decisive movements and I can't see that right now. The bears have exhausted themselves last week and the bulls aren't confident enough.
legendary
ok I understand some dudes desperately want to show that parabolic SAR has its failures and should therefore be dropped as an indicator for any serious trading.

And I agree, pSAR should not be taken as one and only truth. Having it combined with some other indicators is a whole new story though. All in all it seems to me that the bitcoin price is at least having a small break from the much predicted general downtrend.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

JUST SAYIN'

Two in May one in August and one in October. The October one could could have been profited from with the right exit strategy, but the ones in the bull market and the August one would have been absolutely disastrous independently of strategy.

4 failures < 9 successes, no?
legendary

JUST SAYIN'

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

JUST SAYIN'

The blob appears at the end of the day, if you followed what blob said at the end of each day you would have serious losses.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

JUST SAYIN'
legendary
Each time BTC charts start to look more erect it gets wet dreams and premature ejaculation. Let's face it, Bitcoin is just in its puberty right now and this is what you get.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Its somehow funny. People are using bitcoin buying it and selling while moving money around the world and some people here are sitting and creating monsters out of the charts fighting each other who is right and who arnt while trying to predict the price. Bitcoin is volatile because it is used. It would be dead if there was no transactions with it and its the opposite actually.

Just try to imagine if someone simply wants to transfer money from usa to china using bitcoins for his order payment for few mils of dollars, how it affect price and what is going on here while people are announcing end of bitcoin or rocket launches when one guy just buys and sells the same bitcoins after few days finalizing his transaction. Maybe he doesnt even know about this forum and wants simply to send his money somewhere else ...

Bitcoin is volatile because 90% of this use you are mentioning is speculation.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Its somehow funny. People are using bitcoin buying it and selling while moving money around the world and some people here are sitting and creating monsters out of the charts fighting each other who is right and who arnt while trying to predict the price. Bitcoin is volatile because it is used. It would be dead if there was no transactions with it and its the opposite actually.

Just try to imagine if someone simply wants to transfer money from usa to china using bitcoins for his order payment for few mils of dollars, how it affect price and what is going on here while people are announcing end of bitcoin or rocket launches when one guy just buys and sells the same bitcoins after few days finalizing his transaction. Maybe he doesnt even know about this forum and wants simply to send his money somewhere else ...
legendary
Anyway, my point has been that market is unpredictable. This means that the thing that anyone would not predict right now is that price stays above 80$ and never falls down to 30$ as so many predict.

Let's look it that way: in 2011 there were very few people in this whole bitcoin business compared to today. Therefore it took more time for the price to find its after-crash bottom. Now the rate of just about everything bitcoin related happening out there is surely much higher than in 2011. And from here we can deduce that the after-bubble downtrend may end up sooner than in 2011.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
This is the first bounce after dropping from 110 to 65. You really think that means the downtrend is over?

there's nothing to it, its not a matter of the graph. it just dropped a whole bunch because of gox doubt, then lurches up or down depending on the updates. look at the service section, after all the whining about how gox is bankrupt and ponziing everyone, now there's whining about how gox delays transfers INTO gox...

bears, bears, less of a case than penis in lesbos island
legendary

And we have another dot supporting the new uptrend.. It could also be only very slight uptrend, meaning that the price stays in the range of 80 - 90 for some time. If we bought in at the lower side of current Bollinger band (80$) then time to sell would be near the price of 100$ or maybe 90$ to be more realistic.

Activity: 168
Parabolic Sar is good a lot of the time, but much of the time its an epic fail.

Personally I'd say it should probably be in most strategies, but the sar in and of itself does not constitute a strategy. Sar will tell you potential direction switch, you need another indicator to confirm the direction switch and ensure that it will move far enough in that direction.
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
The google trends chart looks a lot worse if you use the more precise scale of the past 90 days or past year.  Basically we're sitting at around 2-4 times the level in Jan/Feb.  Which would make it worth $25-$55.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
More on PSAR:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/psar-is-the-holy-grail-of-indicators-59971

OP didn't set a custom date for the chart though, so it is showing current prices
Activity: 204
It did flip at $166 too...
legendary
This is the first bounce after dropping from 110 to 65. You really think that means the downtrend is over?

Well it depends on what scale downtrend we're speaking of. I'd say we're going to see some green candles for a while. After that I have no idea what happens but if you're planning to buy some SR goods in the next couple of weeks then it seems like a good time to buy some coins to be spent soon Cheesy

What also could happen is a smack-down today in which case psar would go back where it was.

I'm not arguing that Cheesy, it's a gamble anyway.
legendary

Well it depends on what scale downtrend we're speaking of. I'd say we're going to see some green candles for a while. After that I have no idea what happens but if you're planning to buy some SR goods in the next couple of weeks then it seems like a good time to buy some coins to be spent soon Cheesy

What also could happen is a smack-down today in which case psar would go back where it was.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: