Pages:
Author

Topic: Timelord2067's Timely Test & Main-neT LighTning Loans to a "T" in 2021>22 - page 5. (Read 4390 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Ok. When do I pay you back? How much should I send 0.00101?
Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
*Edit* ooooh, something happened. It's marked as "Complete" now.

Payment sent

Code:
a7b3711a937ceddeaaaecf5e932c17fd1c6a03da4cec6ed5a67e1c0deb04f815

Please let me know when you'd like to repay this loan in the next seven days so I can send you a payment request, thanks.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Keeping the phone turned on and app in foreground. Still says "In Progress" ... We'll see. I thought these things would be instant. Also says "100% on Lightning" with a green dot.

*Edit* ooooh, something happened. It's marked as "Complete" now.
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™

This one is at least trying to find a path.

Am just starting up my other device.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
I'm using the Lightning Labs testnet wallet, it does not have any option to set any timeout, so my request is still "in progress" ... and now I think I have inbound capacity.

So you can try that one, or let me try to make another request:

Code:
lntb1m1pwema9gpp557ehzx5n0nkaa24wea0fxtqhl5wx5q76fnkxa4dx0cwqm6cylq2sdqqcqzpgxqy9gcqrzjqd4eder3830cfh9cqvze9cdag23dnfpaj8azu56mn07stuk9mmumjxqaagqqq5sqqqqqqqlgqqqqqqgq9qm9x57n34zjamgdd2e3mu5n558z2zu7mm59jyqkg2fh4sj7lyc9y8gjq02hmzd5cdd69pmurple2dcdzwwc2fkvlarl3r3xhcf2ulguqqrfvvd6

Let's see if this one works.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks for replying.
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
Hi

I only have a Luno wallet active. I would like to apply for a loan.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Denied as you're a newbie fresh out of the packet and 90 minutes ago made another loan application.

http://archive.fo/oCj7O
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi

I only have a Luno wallet active. I would like to apply for a loan.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
So I should be good to go? Will leave wallet open.

I've had High Tea at Hippopotamus across from Te Papa, have scoured Arty Bees, Unity Books and am out the front of Pegasus Books getting free Wi-Fi, so send your requests with six hour timeouts and we should be good to go.

*First edit* Pegasus Books then Ferrit Books, Hell Pizza and Monteith's Third eye pub before cocktails at The Hawthorn on Tory Street.

*Second Edit* am online for another hour or so then back out into Wellington's windy (rainy day). (Free Wi-Fi on the street has been a bonus).
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Ok. Try again? I overdosed on the blockaccinos and fraps and whatevs on there.

It says:

Can Receive 0.00141214

So I should be good to go? Will leave wallet open.
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
I don't think I have inbound capacity, LOL ...
You can buy a few Blockaccinos with testnet LN, if you buy enough of them you should get inbound capacity.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll add the info to the OP when I get back to Australia.

Daily bump.

Am around for next couple of hours if people want to submit lightning loan applications.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I don't think I have inbound capacity, LOL ...
You can buy a few Blockaccinos with testnet LN, if you buy enough of them you should get inbound capacity.
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™

You can search for nodes that offer reciprocal channel connection (for a nominal fee) via the website 1ml.com. By using testnet Bitcoins you can afford to buy (yes, buy) inbound connections.

I use both ZAP (on PC) and Eclair lightning wallets on two mobile devices (Android). My Android devices while open are offline when the screen goes blank, so no inbound while offline. (I find the LN very clunky but am persevering nevertheless)

Am online for next couple of hours too.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
I don't think I have inbound capacity, LOL ... I downloaded Lightning Testnet Wallet for Android.

Do you have a recommendation for a Lightning wallet for Android, and some simple steps to configure on it? I got some testnet coins from faucets, more than enough to pay you back.

Wallet should be open ... I don't know if it "closes" if it's not the app I am using on the phone. Doesn't say anything about duration, but inbound capacity is zero.
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
Why not open this in project development and hand out 0.0001 testnet BTC to anyone who posts? I think anyone can obtain 1-5 testnet coins pretty easily -- or is this for the 'try out the network / apps' part of it? I'll be setting mine up and come back to you and test it out.

Hi Marco, there's a discussion just prior to your post. I'm not running a faucet and as such the only way to ensure I have testnet faucets going forwards is to ensure they are returned to me with the nominal interest. If you don't want to pay interest then thanks for your enquiry.

Ok, I'm new to this Lightning thing, and I'm not sure I've configured capacity properly; I put something called autopilot. I'm on testnet. Here is my code:

Code:
lntb1m1pwej3njpp5c7qtrg58xac20s55df3l33mqgh6m95t4mxw0upzfeq6vwqp6patsdq8g3skyuccqzpgxqy9gcqnpv7hfu6j3v5345qqcmney49cwruuk26yk8qpmern5vtfvkkf9032n38rek8vaj9mx4q88z8uy0vd33zf030zla3996md9lsagm8krsqqs8nrd

Let me know if it works. I'll pay you back in a week or sooner.

I'm trying to send testnet Bitcoins to your request, but it's not finding a path. I'll keep trying to send.

Do you have "inbound capacity" and did you set your request for six hours?

*Edit* Is your wallet on/open? I'm unable to send as no connection can be found.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Ok, I'm new to this Lightning thing, and I'm not sure I've configured capacity properly; I put something called autopilot. I'm on testnet. Here is my code:

Code:
lntb1m1pwej3njpp5c7qtrg58xac20s55df3l33mqgh6m95t4mxw0upzfeq6vwqp6patsdq8g3skyuccqzpgxqy9gcqnpv7hfu6j3v5345qqcmney49cwruuk26yk8qpmern5vtfvkkf9032n38rek8vaj9mx4q88z8uy0vd33zf030zla3996md9lsagm8krsqqs8nrd

Let me know if it works. I'll pay you back in a week or sooner.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
I'm still not that familiar with Lightning, but, yeah, shouldn't testnet be bigger? Because those coins don't really have value (or aren't supposed to have value.)

Anyway, I'm gonna go download an app for my phone and grab some from a faucet, see how that works. Then I'll "borrow" some from you so I can pay you back a week later. I'll probably get more from the faucets than from you. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Why not open this in project development and hand out 0.0001 testnet BTC to anyone who posts? I think anyone can obtain 1-5 testnet coins pretty easily -- or is this for the 'try out the network / apps' part of it? I'll be setting mine up and come back to you and test it out.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
  • Split repayments not accepted.
This may be needed in some cases, considering how difficult it is sometimes to send a transaction through LN.

I did have a think about that - for 0.0001 I feel it would be getting to splitting hairs for even smaller transactions to then go adding up. Besides, what if four or five transactions are a few Satoshi short? Will people support a flag or scam accusation for a couple of Satoshi?

• I *will* open a scam accusation if you don't repay test-net bitcoins that I have loaned you.
I think this is a bit harsh and you might scare off potential users. Testnet faucets already pay more, but that's on-chain, and Testnet coins are never supposed to have any value.

Value no.

I'm not supplying a faucet of test net BitCoins, they like their main net counterparts are being loaned. I expect them to be returned (plus interest) as agreed.

But I will consider what you have said especially given we are trying to encourage new users into the Lightning-network who may feel more comfortable using testnet BitCoins before taking the plunge with real BitCoins.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
  • Split repayments not accepted.
This may be needed in some cases, considering how difficult it is sometimes to send a transaction through LN.

• I *will* open a scam accusation if you don't repay test-net bitcoins that I have loaned you.
I think this is a bit harsh and you might scare off potential users. Testnet faucets already pay more, but that's on-chain, and Testnet coins are never supposed to have any value.
Pages:
Jump to: