Pages:
Author

Topic: Tips for local transactions - page 17. (Read 741078 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 10
October 21, 2017, 10:21:29 AM
thanks so much!. Be carefull for our account
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 02:12:11 AM
Thank's guys for the information i've been educated i am only a newbie i want to learn more about Bitcoin business..Tnx a lot!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 15, 2017, 06:52:37 PM
I have a carry license but for those of you that are anti-gun then I would meet in the lobby of your local police department.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
October 13, 2017, 08:51:19 AM
I'm fairly new to Bitcoin. I am planning on meeting this Bitcoin seller in my area that I found on Localbitcoins. I'm not quite sure about the process, so I'll describe how I plan on having this work.

I will bring a couple thousand cash into a coffee shop where we plan on meeting. I'll ask him for more details on this process and we'll get some coffee. I'll show him a QR code of my wallet address to which he can send the Bitcoin. I will give him the cash and have him send me the coin. I will connect to the coffee shop wifi on my laptop to check my Desktop wallet to see if he has deposited the Bitcoin. Once the coins are released from escrow, we will leave the coffee shop and go on with our lives.

Does this sound reasonable? Is this a sketchy way of doing things? How is it normally supposed to work?

Hey bro.I think your transaction type sounds good.But be aware of the scammers and smugglers,only meet the traders on the public places.it is highly safe and secure of your money.If he is scammer then he don't want to meet you in the public places,if he is accepted the public place meeting thenhe maybe a good trader.And finally you can ask him to transfer the bitcoin to your wallet and make sure that it the transaction was successful and then u give him the money.
Transaction like this involving huge amount of money for me I'm a little bit awkward specially when a person you meet up you don't really know his background and personality, may I suggest that how about using some money transfer services to avoid meets up anyway it’s a matter of trust when he send the BTC in your  wallet that also the time to send money to his address, in this way if there is a scam ,robbery and any criminal activities at least your life is safe.
Activity: 57
October 12, 2017, 07:13:37 AM
I'm fairly new to Bitcoin. I am planning on meeting this Bitcoin seller in my area that I found on Localbitcoins. I'm not quite sure about the process, so I'll describe how I plan on having this work.

I will bring a couple thousand cash into a coffee shop where we plan on meeting. I'll ask him for more details on this process and we'll get some coffee. I'll show him a QR code of my wallet address to which he can send the Bitcoin. I will give him the cash and have him send me the coin. I will connect to the coffee shop wifi on my laptop to check my Desktop wallet to see if he has deposited the Bitcoin. Once the coins are released from escrow, we will leave the coffee shop and go on with our lives.

Does this sound reasonable? Is this a sketchy way of doing things? How is it normally supposed to work?

Hi fellow newbie.
Would you mind sharing your immediate plan after buying bitcoin?
Activity: 59
October 12, 2017, 05:00:43 AM
Its pleasant to earn tips wile performing transactions that are productive . Tips come a long way and come in handy when it comes to it.
Activity: 56
October 12, 2017, 02:28:15 AM
The best way to complete a local transaction would be to initiate a secret pass code. It is important to be very cautious of what software you expose this transactions 
Activity: 108
October 05, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Activity: 224
October 03, 2017, 03:29:12 AM
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
October 01, 2017, 01:58:51 PM

related to the local transaction, can you please help me with the specific safety measures so i will not be scammed by all kind of professional bad intended persons?

Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success
October 01, 2017, 10:59:42 AM
There are many others options, i would never, ever meet in person.

You really need to be able to trust the person, if you live in the same country you can use bank transfer to send the funds, also they could send you a paypal Gift payment (with strictly no mention of bitcoin or any message), start with low ammount, have the seller send you the cash first, then build up trust.

Obviously, as a seller you need to build up a trust rating. 

You can do that here, by offering services and delivering them, like you see on my profile i have a +8 rating for many transaction.
There are websites like Bitrated again to prove who you are and make you more trustworthy.

Then you can join groups, channels and make friends with people who are also trusted and who could vouch for you.

In this day and age and with the price of bitcoin, meeting someone to do a Bitcoin trade is asking for trouble.

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
September 29, 2017, 06:14:58 AM

Hey bro.I think your transaction type sounds good.But be aware of the scammers and smugglers,only meet the traders on the public places.it is highly safe and secure of your money.If he is scammer then he don't want to meet you in the public places,if he is accepted the public place meeting thenhe maybe a good trader.And finally you can ask him to transfer the bitcoin to your wallet and make sure that it the transaction was successful and then u give him the money.
Activity: 2
September 29, 2017, 01:57:28 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 09:38:25 AM
LocalBitcoins, one of the main bitcoins trading platform, has announced that it will compensate its users for the hard fork related to the creation of Bitcoin Cash on August 1st.
The compensation model announced by the company is a response to the numerous requests to support Bitcoin Cash in the buying and selling platform. However, LocalBitcons decided not to support Bitcoin Cash, according to the announcement of September 25, 2017.
The procedure taken by LocalBitcoins is to credit its users with the same balance in bitcons at the moment of the bifurcation. In this sense, LocalBitcoins sold all BCHs and exchanged them for BTC, distributing the funds among the users who kept a Bitcoin balance in their accounts when Bitcoin Cash was created.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
September 23, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
Can I just use the localbitcoins? There are many buyers and sellers their and they must be verified before they can trade? What do you think guys?

Exactly! Great platform and there are many traders on there with over 1K transactions and 100% ratings.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
September 23, 2017, 12:47:46 PM
localbitcoin works a treat for me. i move around the world alot and selling BTC for transfers into my accounts within that country are easy and fast using that platform. Have never swapped for cash as i dont see the need to take any additional risk.
Activity: 1
September 23, 2017, 02:28:17 AM
Thumbs up for this! a thread that is helpful in local transactions, I think the first thing a person to do if he/she
is the buyer is look for the level of trust of the vendor, the vendor should do the same as well, they both need
witness or a bodyguard if the going get tough! that is  Grin

I am a newbie to bitcoin and trading. Have you heard about Paycent ICO (https://www.paycent.com)? The whitepaper and website look promising.

Paycent
BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN CRYPTOCURRENCY AND FIAT
WHITEPAPER | LINK TO DISCUSSION | Pre-ICO: October 12, 2017
Activity: 69
Blockchain the future of democratic payment!
September 22, 2017, 11:36:14 AM
Can I just use the localbitcoins? There are many buyers and sellers their and they must be verified before they can trade? What do you think guys?
Activity: 266
September 17, 2017, 01:32:19 AM
That's for local transaction I guess. It's quite good to sensitive people about online scam and how to trade safely online. Nice one
Activity: 2
September 16, 2017, 01:07:54 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply / information. Much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: