Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Bitcoins - Physical Bitcoins with 2-factor authentication - page 2. (Read 12778 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Thank you so much for your response. I understand where you are coming from.

I forgot my last question. When will you be supporting BIP-38 so I know my investment is secure. I'm having trouble jumping in on those full bitcoin coins until I can 100% guarantee my key will be safe.

Kinda similar to

http://www.crypto-cards.com/products/coldcards-black
or
http://cointalk.ca/cryptocards/
Activity: 366
Merit: 258
Thanks for your interest.  I'm glad you like the coins!

I'll admit that we haven't done a great job keeping the community informed, and that's on me and my time constraints.   We're putting out at least one update on Facebook a day now and twitter will be following soon. 

Making any product WELL necessitates a decision to target a particular market.   Titan Bitcoins are made by fine artists that were selectively recruited and paid to design, hand sculpt and engrave the tooling for these coins.  The coins themselves are made to exacting quality standards and on top of that, we often cull more than 75% of a given production run because of small defects.  The goal is to make physical bitcoins that look and feel like real currency and have an unspoken impression of value.  This costs much more than merely stamping out tokens, and I realize that added cost makes the price prohibitive for many.   While we're working on new products that have a lower barrier to entry...I hope you understand that owning these coins comes with a modicum of exclusivity that we hope elevates Titan Bitcoins to the level of "investment" for serious coin collectors. 

The bigger picture is hard to articulate in forum posts, but I will tell you that ALL of the profits from our sales are being reinvested into making more cool stuff that gets people excited about digital currency and grows the bitcoin community, so every coin you buy is an investment in mainstream bitcoin adoption. 

We're still selling the 2013 edition of the Titan One coins in both brass and silver and we'll be transitioning those to the 2014 editions in late Spring.  All other coins are currently in the 2014 edition, with the quarter and the 5 BTC coin coming out in the next couple months.  We're really close to having the Titan One 1 oz. Gold coin in stock as well.

We don't sell any unfunded coins right now.  Anyone selling coins unfunded has either purchased them from us at full price and redeemed them, or is selling one of the odd coins that was lost or stolen in the mail.  If you see an unfunded coin with the hologram intact, its a good idea to steer clear as it may not be legit. 

Activity: 37
Any plans on starting a twitter a blog or news page? I would love to know what you are up to and when or what conferences/shows you are heading to. What coins are currently in the 2014 press? Do you have any 2013 press's left? Thanks!

I want to purchase more of your coins but I cant see paying over 20 spot for the non silver and more then 40 over spot for the silver or gold ones. Right now the Titan 1 silver is approximately $200 over spot. I just cant figure out how I can justify that price. Nothing costs that much over spot. I saw on ebay there is a guy selling your coins unloaded, his name is thecryptostore2013 or  cflow01 is he a reseller? If so how to we get unloaded coins?

looks fake. multiple reasons:
1) no hologram, the qr looks stamped in
2) silver PLATED = cheap

Yeah.  Those are Chinese "look-alikes". 

I thought they had gone away but apparently they're back.  We're trying to get them banned from eBay as a counterfeit/copyright violators.   Apparently they are sneakier then we gave them credit for?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I agree..If you sold LTC I would be buying everyone of those also!
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
This would be great if u guys did litecoin version

YES
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

looks fake. multiple reasons:
1) no hologram, the qr looks stamped in
2) silver PLATED = cheap
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Can't wait to get my .5's to add to the collection!  Nice looking coins just like the rest  Grin. I have at least 1 of every Titan so far and will keep collecting them... Excellent work guys.

Yeah that new .5 coin is nice! Maybe my next purchase.  Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This would be great if u guys did litecoin version
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Can't wait to get my .5's to add to the collection!  Nice looking coins just like the rest  Grin. I have at least 1 of every Titan so far and will keep collecting them... Excellent work guys.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
There is no issue with selling stickers and this is why:

You have to trust the person you get a physical bitcoin from, sticker or not. These things *cannot* be used as a regular currency or exchange mechanism, there will ALWAYS be a factor of trust required when transferring them, and there is no way to get around it. The utility of physical bitcoins is as a cold-storage wallet, and little else.

Anyhow, I'm redeeming mine and putting a sticker from a different company on it, because I don't trust Titan to hold the bitcoins, or anyone for that matter.

I agree that there is a factor of trust.  At this point, I only need to trust one company - Titan.
If they sold stickers, then I would have to trust everyone else with regards to the face value of the coin.

Your choice to redeem your coin is yours to make.  Why not post pictures and video on youtube so that people can see it being done.
I do wonder why you even bought a Titan if you don't trust them - Seems like a troll post to me.

I did notice you ignored the prior post about people making wallet coins in which they sell their own version of stickers so that you can seal anything you want.  It's the perfect answer to your idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Good luck with your project.
Activity: 599
Merit: 272
There is no issue with selling stickers and this is why:

You have to trust the person you get a physical bitcoin from, sticker or not. These things *cannot* be used as a regular currency or exchange mechanism, there will ALWAYS be a factor of trust required when transferring them, and there is no way to get around it. The utility of physical bitcoins is as a cold-storage wallet, and little else.

Anyhow, I'm redeeming mine and putting a sticker from a different company on it, because I don't trust Titan to hold the bitcoins, or anyone for that matter.

Activity: 56
WOw! That's so cool ! From first look I am in love with these coins
Michail explained the problem perfectly.  The holograms are a security feature, as they are destroyed when removed and it is important that we're the only ones with the ability to apply them, as we're certifying their authenticity and value by putting that seal in place.

We do OFTEN get requests for DIY coin kits and I'd love to accommodate.  We may put together a non-denominated coin design with a completely different hologram design later this year.
legendary
I don't see the problem with selling stickers. Those silver qallets are priced at 3x or 4x spot value of silver, not a very good deal.

The problem is that a scammer could open up the coin, take out the value, and then use a sticker to reseal the coin.  So, an unsuspecting person might buy a coin only later to find out it has been emptied of its value (which could also happen at a future date.  If Titan starts selling their stickers, I would no longer want anything to do with them UNLESS it is a completely different sticker (Color and Text).

So, it would be possible if they produced a completely new coin - COIN WALLET or TITAN WALLET with completely different stickers that state COIN WALLET   (Open so you could use it for any coins).  This would change the entire topic as well.  I disagree with the silver wallets.  For Titan and any other kind of Silver wallet, the premium is already at or above what the Silver wallets are at.
I don't see the problem with selling stickers. Those silver qallets are priced at 3x or 4x spot value of silver, not a very good deal.
legendary
If someone gives you a physical coin loaded with bitcoin, there will always be an issue of trusting the giver. What I want to do is remove the layer of trust, but still have a nice physical coin for my cold-storage.
Ummm, I would hope that Titan would NOT sell the stickers, just like Mike Chadwell (Casascius) will not sell the stickers.

You can buy a WALLET coin, instead of running off the Titan name using one of their coins with one of their stickers.

If you want a wallet coin, then it might be best to buy exactly that....

Something like:  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/silver-wallets-a-new-kind-of-physical-storage-for-your-bitcoin-525756
If someone gives you a physical coin loaded with bitcoin, there will always be an issue of trusting the giver. What I want to do is remove the layer of trust, but still have a nice physical coin for my cold-storage.
Pages:
Jump to: