Pages:
Author

Topic: TK808's Merit Source Application [ALT Disc, ANN, ANN Tokens, Services] - page 2. (Read 780 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
"Why I'm here is simple, i want to help grow the altcoin discussions and help them mature more. Merit for all intensive purposes is fatally flawed and skewed, i don't agree with the system, but my vision is not short-sided to understand the overall impact (good and bad) for ANNs/Bounties specifically. If i can help change that in altcoins, then i will take that opprtunity to help. There are two reasons I still use Bitcointalk 1) to help provide insight, 2) to learn about new coins. "

That's the best part of your application. Demonstrates some capacity to make an objective critical evaluation but still strive to make the best of a terrible situation.

I would support someone who is semi realistic about the merit system to become a merit source. Of course it is the worst thing ever implemented on this board, but with a few tweaks it could remain useful without all of the dangers it brings.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-most-important-thread-you-can-contribute-to-this-yearno-kidding-5088852

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
That was fast. Well done.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
I've witnessed, devoted, created, lead, innovated and shared, I've virtually done everything in a righteous manner, all specific to alt-coins. I've been on these forums for over 5 years, with brief hiatus periods in-between. In total, I've invested 94days in total logged in specifically for altcoins only (some afk ofc), but that should give some indication on my enthusiasm and dedication towards altcoins.

This all begun back in 2013, during the silk-road incident and first Bitcoin climb to 1100-1200 usd, i was amazed. My memory has slipped on how i was introduced to Bitcointalk, but i believe it was through an exterior money-making forum, where Goldcoin was being promoted. Through my time on these forums, I've never strayed away from one core concept, community. Community is everything central to these forums and often I've gone to great lengths to support that community: calling out scams, sharing my wisdom (more recently), and analyzing coins to a greater extent. My intent has always been simple, to help new members gain the insight and wisdom on what crypto-currency truly is, where it's been and where it's potentially going.

The reason for alt-coins is simple, it's dynamic and much more in-depth than Bitcoin. Not only are you exposed to one particular blockchain, but you're proactively analyzing the progress of Bitcoin through the lens of broader audiences. Watching the evolution of crypto-currency and being apart of that evolution was the greatest gift that has not stopped giving.

I consider myself a very-well versed, an expert on altcoins. Not necessarily with technical, but with virtually all other aspects that incorporates them. I consistently learn, educate myself and share that knowledge with others. Due to my extensive insight (one good record is: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ask-any-crypto-based-question-4930584), i feel I'm suitable to help drive discussions and reward unique individuals who display inherent good-intent and understanding about altcoins as a whole.

Many of you reading this will understand, fewer of you are set-in-stone about your mindset of how Bitcoin is the be-all-end-all, the biggest, the most secured and the first. I understand your perspective, i agree with some of it, but i will argue against most of it; because it's fundamentally incorrect. Bitcoin is inherently linked with the fate of altcoins, because without the evolution of altcoins, Bitcoin's valuation and infrastructure would not be what it is today. Why? The reason is simple, exposure to audiences, investors and everything else imaginable.

Why I'm here is simple, i want to help grow the altcoin discussions and help them mature more. I was motivated by my desire to finally become a lengendary member, where i was convinced and influenced that i could potentially be doing more.

Merit for all intensive purposes is fatally flawed and skewed, especially in the altcoins section, i don't agree with the system, but my vision is not short-sided to understand the overall impact (good and bad) for ANNs/Bounties specifically. If i can help change that in altcoins, then i will take that opprtunity to help. There are two reasons I still use Bitcointalk 1) to help provide insight, 2) to learn about new coins.

I encourage you to carefully consider this application and who i'm and what i represent/have represented.

Note: I do not necessarily agree with all the topics/posts or the quality of them, but i respect their critical thought, analysis and problems they are trying to address. All the while, trying to understand and engage the larger communities perspectives. Some of these threads have over 10k views, 10,000 people have potentially been helped by an input from 1 member who struck up a conversation or asked a question. This is fundamental to how i believe cryptocurrency should behave, learning and respecting eachother.

We all know a lot of altcoin discussions are driven by bounty signatures, but setting that aside from a moment, there is real value from the threads below. I received 50 smerit today, and since you guys were so generous to me today, i was generous with the threads below.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Cool

9)

10)

There's so much more, this was taken from the first 15 pages in Discussions only. ANN's are much more difficult to merit, because people are so polarized when viewing them. Giving merit from this perspective will virtually be never done, only if a coin has exceeded various of milestones and proven somewhat when trading and through the community. Grin is an excellent recent example, but has had a flood of merit already. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-grin-pow-mining-electronic-transactions-for-all-community-driven-5090427

I'll leave it open for you the community to decide. Thanks for all your support here, and the other thread i made today. You guys drove me to doing this app.
Pages:
Jump to: