Pages:
Author

Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit. - page 6. (Read 17956 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5
A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE
April 28, 2018, 07:33:02 AM

Not good, from december i remember, my etha adsress still count around $18.

[/quote]

wow from December  to march   you only got 18 $ from bounties ?  and  with all the posts and stuff  

i got like +200 $  from airdrops and bounties that have no relation with Bitcoin talk forum   . it took 3 months Smiley since i joined those competition in February  

and for the main topic  i would like to add  that people can and should use  the auto correct function  since it will help them alot   in their posts  also it is available in phones and pc   and  if they cant use it  they can simply use google translator  
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
April 25, 2018, 07:46:52 AM
Thanks for your guide it's very useful mostly for the newbs, i really dream to become Legendary user will be very an honor for me, i'am old member forum by 2012 and trying to rank up but it's very hard Sad

Thank you for your guide. It is very useful for new members, and for others who don't have English as their first Language. My dream is to become a Legendary, and it will be a great honour for me. I have been a member of the forum since 2012, and I hope to improve my rank, but I am finding it very hard.

Suggested changes by courtesy of 'Fit to Talk English'. Apologies if you weren't asking for comments.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
April 25, 2018, 07:40:09 AM
I am not that much desperate to earn merit, but this guide might be actually helpful for newbies. I would appreciate if anyone could look through my posts and tell me if there are any serious mistakes. It is much easier for me to translate something from English to my native language - I don't have to give it much thought. Still, punctuation is the most difficult for me.

Dude I understand you, no issues - small errors mean nothing, my grammar and spelling are not perfect. Don't worry about that aspect of this, just worry about where you post, what you post and why you are on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
April 25, 2018, 07:36:51 AM
I am not that much desperate to earn merit, but this guide might be actually helpful for newbies. I would appreciate if anyone could look through my posts and tell me if there are any serious mistakes. It is much easier for me to translate something from English to my native language - I don't have to give it much thought. Still, punctuation is the most difficult for me.
legendary
April 21, 2018, 08:26:03 AM
Thanks for your guide it's very useful mostly for the newbs, i really dream to become Legendary user will be very an honor for me, i'am old member forum by 2012 and trying to rank up but it's very hard Sad

Where are you from? Your English isn't that bad and you have been here for 5 years..
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
April 21, 2018, 07:12:18 AM
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 06:03:35 AM
Hello everybody
i am a newbie, i am confused with the content in the reply of the forum, and almost i can not find the answer in the wish to become a true member of the forum.
Here the heading is the guide to getting merit. But when I read to find out about it, people do not have a specific guide. Please put yourself in a newbie and lead the problem in a more understandable way, so that we can find the information we need.
More specifically, can we detail how to write a quality post, a quality post is specified by what content? Give us some examples of what is appreciated for us to study.
thanks

You should start by reading the checking the merit stats page. Look for recent posts that got most merits and you will get an idea of what to post to get merits here. Regarding what actually is quality post, different people will have their own criteria for judging this. Some will give preference to posts which are witty , some will like the use of stats and images and so on. In general, it should add value to the forum and solve the issues or query asked by OP.

or they should listen to people who have been given merits over those who have not.
Thank you. I'm learning and doing the way you teach. Wish you happy weekend!
legendary
April 20, 2018, 11:17:50 AM

I don't allow signatures, and I don't give merits for posting - that probably says it all.

I think there are more Legendaries and Heros there than there are newbies. Smiley

Non English speakers should be required to punch themselves in their face on video before being allowed to start an account on this forum
legendary
April 20, 2018, 11:11:45 AM

cant believe more people aren't taking you up on it bud, what is it with them and the lack of thirst for knowledge? if I was here spamming shit gibberish on an Swahili forum I would snap someones hand off if they offered me help to improve.

I don't allow signatures, and I don't give merits for posting - that probably says it all.

I think there are more Legendaries and Heros there than there are newbies. Smiley

legendary
April 20, 2018, 11:06:36 AM
What I was hoping for was some interaction between the "trainees" on that project, but that doesn't seem to be happening, probably because there aren't enough of them yet. I think I need a better title than trainee as well. How about 'acolyte' or is that too religious.

It goes well with my Satan's slave theme though. Smiley

cant believe more people aren't taking you up on it bud, what is it with them and the lack of thirst for knowledge? if I was here spamming shit gibberish on an Swahili forum I would snap someones hand off if they offered me help to improve.
legendary
April 17, 2018, 04:41:25 PM
What I was hoping for was some interaction between the "trainees" on that project, but that doesn't seem to be happening, probably because there aren't enough of them yet. I think I need a better title than trainee as well. How about 'acolyte' or is that too religious.

It goes well with my Satan's slave theme though. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
April 17, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
So many new(ish) members say that they joined the forum to learn English, and to find out about Bitcoin, but when you give them the chance, but without the possibility of sig spamming and earning merits, they vanish back into the woodwork.
Of course.  And I expressed doubt as to whether people were actually going to take you up on your new website for that reason.  Most of the members here who have 0 merit, write unintelligible nonsense, aren't ranking up, and are in signature campaigns are only here to earn money.  They're not interested in learning (though they incessantly write about gaining knowledge), reading, or interacting on any level with anyone else.  They have cartoon dollar signs in their eyes when they start tapping out their word-waste. 

And these people are the same ones who are cheating bounty campaigns by using legions of alt accounts to increase their earnings.  I'm trying to neg them all, and by so doing, scotching their chances to earn money here.  I pinch them and they squeal like piglets.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 12:30:47 PM
No matter where you are from!  north pole or to the south pole. Not just the place where you live is not just basis to give you a merit. The important thing is, You think that you're doing right and you learn to this forum.
Activity: 135
Merit: 22
Need a nice avatar, can someone help :-)
April 17, 2018, 09:29:01 AM
In general, it should add value to the forum and solve the issues or query asked by OP.

MANY of these OP's are simply opening new threads to increase their activity and never come back to read the replies.

For instance, this guy: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mariamiltoft-1991585

Every day he posts and changes his favorite ICO list and at the end opens a new thread: Best ICOs at the moment?

You must be sh*tting me.
This isn't just a newbie making new topics it has to do with it's alts , I'm not going to post any user's profile link right now until i investigate more about it but my point here is i have seen newbies like these create a new topic daily and see the same members replying to his new topic daily and mostly every single time. It might just be a coincidence but i will try to gather more proofs in the coming days
legendary
April 17, 2018, 08:15:15 AM
So many new(ish) members say that they joined the forum to learn English, and to find out about Bitcoin, but when you give them the chance, but without the possibility of sig spamming and earning merits, they vanish back into the woodwork.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
April 17, 2018, 08:02:31 AM
In general, it should add value to the forum and solve the issues or query asked by OP.

MANY of these OP's are simply opening new threads to increase their activity and never come back to read the replies.

For instance, this guy: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mariamiltoft-1991585

Every day he posts and changes his favorite ICO list and at the end opens a new thread: Best ICOs at the moment?

You must be sh*tting me.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01
April 17, 2018, 07:49:48 AM
TMAN, you should make it clear to people that spamming in genuine Oxford English is still spamming and won't get you any Merit... Grin
legendary
April 17, 2018, 07:24:04 AM
Hello everybody
i am a newbie, i am confused with the content in the reply of the forum, and almost i can not find the answer in the wish to become a true member of the forum.
Here the heading is the guide to getting merit. But when I read to find out about it, people do not have a specific guide. Please put yourself in a newbie and lead the problem in a more understandable way, so that we can find the information we need.
More specifically, can we detail how to write a quality post, a quality post is specified by what content? Give us some examples of what is appreciated for us to study.
thanks

You should start by reading the checking the merit stats page. Look for recent posts that got most merits and you will get an idea of what to post to get merits here. Regarding what actually is quality post, different people will have their own criteria for judging this. Some will give preference to posts which are witty , some will like the use of stats and images and so on. In general, it should add value to the forum and solve the issues or query asked by OP.

or they should listen to people who have been given merits over those who have not.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
April 17, 2018, 07:10:58 AM
Hello everybody
thanks

Activity: 49
Merit: 2
April 17, 2018, 06:19:33 AM
This is really true, my biggest obstacle at this forum is probably the language problem. I am really very poor English. So from now on I will try to learn more English and hopefully then I can become an active member with contributions to this forum. This article really motivates me to improve my English right now, thank TMAN.

Seeing your past posts, I do not think that English is the only problem. You can still get merits with the current writing skills.

You just need o pay some attention while making posts. For instance, check this post of yours:

The bitcoin increased to $ 1,000 I think due to the strong impact of the tax, people almost no longer sold off and began to believe in this market.

I think you meant that say that bitcoin increased by $1000 but content you posted suggests that bitcoin reached $1000. I can understand that it was not intentional but could be avoided if you pay some attention while writing.
Pages:
Jump to: