Pages:
Author

Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit. - page 7. (Read 17956 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
April 17, 2018, 06:17:30 AM
Thank TMAN, now I will learn, although it is hard for me.

OK no posting for 2 weeks then
Activity: 277
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 06:07:08 AM
ok - same challenge as indohunter, do not post for 2 weeks, spend an hour a day learning English and come back here and make a post. All you need to do is catch my eye, I don't care if it has the odd spelling mistake or some grammatical errors, I just want to see that you are trying to better yourself, do that and you can have 10 merits..
Take it caotringhia . It's a chance for you to get your english more better than now. Me too still on learning.
You can find the useful tools by looking the whole reply on this thread. There is duolingo.com , ebook : English Grammar in Use Intermediate Raymond Murphy [3rd Edition]
 & Ebook English Grammar in Use-Raymond Murphy [4rd Edition] , and also youtube . I'm prefer to use youtube on my learning, but also duolingo and these two ebooks is much helped me. Keep spirit, Bud.

This is really good for me, I downloaded the duolingo app and felt this app was what I needed, the basics in this app will help me consolidate vocabulary. I will study again from the beginning and try to improve my language, thank you.

This is really true, my biggest obstacle at this forum is probably the language problem. I am really very poor English. So from now on I will try to learn more English and hopefully then I can become an active member with contributions to this forum. This article really motivates me to improve my English right now, thank TMAN.

Airdrop, Bounty, Airdrop..  These things will not help your cause fella..

ok - same challenge as indohunter, do not post for 2 weeks, spend an hour a day learning English and come back here and make a post. All you need to do is catch my eye, I don't care if it has the odd spelling mistake or some grammatical errors, I just want to see that you are trying to better yourself, do that and you can have 10 merits..

Thank TMAN, now I will learn, although it is hard for me.
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
April 17, 2018, 05:57:40 AM
well he hasnt taken me up on it..
I see, I've just check his profile and check his latest post as well. I don't know he has noticed your reply or not, or he doesn't accept it.
legendary
April 17, 2018, 05:42:11 AM
Take it caotringhia . It's a chance for you to get your english more better than now. Me too still on learning.
You can find the useful tools by looking the whole reply on this thread. There is duolingo.com , ebook : English Grammar in Use Intermediate Raymond Murphy [3rd Edition]
 & Ebook English Grammar in Use-Raymond Murphy [4rd Edition] , and also youtube . I'm prefer to use youtube on my learning, but also duolingo and these two ebooks is much helped me. Keep spirit, Bud.

well he hasnt taken me up on it..

I feel the new merit system is really good although it is very difficult for the newbie and me. But I still support this new system, if you have the knowledge and language skills in this area, the rankings will be extremely easy. So, increase your knowledge and you will get the rank deserve.

people like this need to read the fricking threads, just posting an opinion that mirrors 10 other people is not a quality post
Activity: 75
April 17, 2018, 04:56:04 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
April 17, 2018, 03:34:16 AM
legendary
April 17, 2018, 03:01:30 AM
This is really true, my biggest obstacle at this forum is probably the language problem. I am really very poor English. So from now on I will try to learn more English and hopefully then I can become an active member with contributions to this forum. This article really motivates me to improve my English right now, thank TMAN.

Airdrop, Bounty, Airdrop..  These things will not help your cause fella..

Activity: 277
April 17, 2018, 12:06:18 AM
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
April 14, 2018, 12:45:24 PM
-snip-

It is not a question of making anobody "unhappy" or "hurt" and in true sense everybody knows that emotions have got zero space in the internet. If someone trolls you either get with it or move on. I am happy seeing the merit system make a mess of the organised shitposting spree that bottomfeeding scum had going on in this forum for several years.

Again I am no happy seeing the threads coming up in "Meta" being a cry baby about merit.

While I do appreciate TMAN's effort in trying to help out potentially good posters get merits which I why I watch this thread, I hardly give my sMerits to any of them simply because they dont deserve a single sMerit.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 14, 2018, 12:35:20 PM
@quanghoa7911, I think you are wrong to quote. It should be like this :

Classic example of the third world nigerian shitposters in the forum trying to make a few bucks for "weed money". Get a life and get out of this forum. Nobody is going to spoonfeed you like a babydoll. All the answers are in the forum threads and stickies.

First rule in becoming a member of any forum - reading the rules a 100 times before making your first post. But then what are mods for? We will shit in the forum and mods will nurse and clean us. Grin
Sorry so much if I make you unhappy
 Thank you anyway!

Please learn how to quote.
Use the preview feature before posting.
Activity: 46
April 14, 2018, 04:04:14 AM

Classic example of the third world nigerian shitposters in the forum trying to make a few bucks for "weed money". Get a life and get out of this forum. Nobody is going to spoonfeed you like a babydoll. All the answers are in the forum threads and stickies.

First rule in becoming a member of any forum - reading the rules a 100 times before making your first post. But then what are mods for? We will shit in the forum and mods will nurse and clean us. Grin
[/quote]
Sorry so much if I make you unhappy
 Thank you anyway!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 13, 2018, 10:01:30 PM
Hi, I'm an Indonesian. I am still not very proficient in English (English isn’t my native language).
When reading English articles, I understand what it means, but to say or write in English is still not smooth.

Thank you for the following links

BTCforJoe :
https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

klaaas:
https://www.efset.org/free-english-test/

I've bookmarked all of them into my browser.
I'll try to practice my English skills.

and then thanks for:

iasenko:
English Grammar in Use Intermediate Raymond Murphy [3rd Edition]

hoangvuthach:
Ebook English Grammar in Use-Raymond Murphy [4rd Edition]

I've downloaded, and I’ll try to learn both of them.

If there is any mistake in this post writing, correct me, please.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
April 12, 2018, 07:33:05 PM
I have read hundreds of threads about how to earn merit. I've only merited a few of them, this being one of them. Just because someone opens a thread about merit doesn't mean that they'll earn any, thus your argument is invalid.
To be honest, you don't need guides and whatnot to earn merit. Just post what you normally do with some thought and some references, that should make things right. And post for learning/helping not for earning whatever incentive you get either in merit or cash or any other incentive.
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
April 12, 2018, 07:05:41 PM
It has to do nothing with you TMAN but curious here is that guys, you don't need to read his post. He already showed you how to get merits by opening this thread (see how much merit he has got from this thread).

I have read hundreds of threads about how to earn merit. I've only merited a few of them, this being one of them. Just because someone opens a thread about merit doesn't mean that they'll earn any, thus your argument is invalid.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
April 12, 2018, 04:20:56 PM
It has to do nothing with you TMAN but curious here is that guys, you don't need to read his post. He already showed you how to get merits by opening this thread (see how much merit he has got from this thread).
Well, improving of English is greatest advice. Some people really use google translate for translating proposals and that's the worst thing.
Also if you don't know english, there are local boards.
Activity: 196
Merit: 46
April 12, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
Please show me where the OP requires 100% grammatically correct posts in order to receive his merit

I didn't claim he does, sorry if you misunderstood me. Just pointed out that we all make mistakes in what I thought was a light-hearted way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
April 12, 2018, 02:37:18 PM
I've become very pissed off with all this whingeing about not getting merit because you don't speak Oxford English, and that we are stopping people from being able to buy food for their poor crippled mothers. I've had quite a few goes at setting up facilities to help members learn and practice their English, and you could count the number of people who have joined this on the hind foot of a sloth. That's out of an over-active membership that must be well into five figures.

Just face it - if you want to get on in the world, you need to speak English. If you can't speak English, then you will need to join the European Union and their ring-fenced economy.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
April 12, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

Oh and even though I think TMAN is making some great points, especially when he's stressing the importance of proper English, the irony that there are quite a few spelling and punctuation mistakes in his original post is not lost on me Cheesy (don't misunderstand me, I think you're providing valid critique and offering constructive advice, just thought it was funny - I guess you're just human after all)

Please show me where the OP requires 100% grammatically correct posts in order to receive his merit. Otherwise you're holding him to the highest possible standard while he is not holding anywhere near this for his participants, can you see the irony in that?
Activity: 196
Merit: 46
April 12, 2018, 01:51:47 PM
Young pajeet

Classic example of the third world nigerian shitposters in the forum trying to make a few bucks for "weed money"

Yo man, I understand you're fed up with shitposters and threads full of nonsense posts, but that kind of language is not okay. Do you really want this to be the standard of how people communicate with each other on here? You're better than that.

Oh and even though I think TMAN is making some great points, especially when he's stressing the importance of proper English, the irony that there are quite a few spelling and punctuation mistakes in his original post is not lost on me Cheesy (don't misunderstand me, I think you're providing valid critique and offering constructive advice, just thought it was funny - I guess you're just human after all)
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
April 12, 2018, 06:02:45 AM
Hello everybody
i am a newbie, i am confused with the content in the reply of the forum, and almost i can not find the answer in the wish to become a true member of the forum.
Here the heading is the guide to getting merit. But when I read to find out about it, people do not have a specific guide. Please put yourself in a newbie and lead the problem in a more understandable way, so that we can find the information we need.
More specifically, can we detail how to write a quality post, a quality post is specified by what content? Give us some examples of what is appreciated for us to study.
thanks

Pages:
Jump to: