Pages:
Author

Topic: To quit gambling is to quit yourself - page 21. (Read 2305 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
April 09, 2018, 11:05:47 AM
It's not going to be easy even the addicted gambler wants to. He should have a support system like parents or family that will make him stronger mentally and emotionally so that he can fight the urge of gambling and finally end that worst chapter of his life.

Yeah, but quitting is the only way to have a better future and to save money. There is no reason for anyone to continue to play gambling if he is losing most of the time, he must be smart and considering all the things before he decides what to do next in gambling. I've witnessed myself losing a lot of money in gambling, and continuing is so confusing to do that is why I've decided to quit gambling instead and try another way to earn money.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 09, 2018, 07:39:32 AM
It's not going to be easy even the addicted gambler wants to. He should have a support system for parents or family that will make him stronger mentally and emotionally so that he can fight the urge of gambling and finally end that worst chapter of his life.

I think parents will not support us if they know that we are gambling, through gambling many people are addicted and when the money people will get depressed and start thinking the negative way that they are not lucky enough to make money through gambling.
Usually we will not let them know that we are gambling but in the event that we face problems that is the time
that we should be honest because it's only our family that can help us.
Accept the fact that we commit mistakes because if not, this will only lead to more problems because addiction could affect your daily living.

Well even if the people around you will excert efforts to help you out, just like what the title indicated, it's all going to be about you. Once you've become so addicted, it will take tremendous determination to ne able to recover. You have to really want it for yourself.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
April 09, 2018, 07:36:58 AM
It's not going to be easy even the addicted gambler wants to. He should have a support system for parents or family that will make him stronger mentally and emotionally so that he can fight the urge of gambling and finally end that worst chapter of his life.

I think parents will not support us if they know that we are gambling, through gambling many people are addicted and when the money people will get depressed and start thinking the negative way that they are not lucky enough to make money through gambling.

Whose parent will support their children in gambling? Unless that "gambling" is a figure of speech and it meant going out in the world risking themselves to work. There might be a lot of people that became successful at gambling but it is their own destiny to be successful at that career and other people has their own path, we don't need to follow them in their own path.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
April 09, 2018, 07:23:49 AM

Usually we will not let them know that we are gambling but in the event that we face problems that is the time
that we should be honest because it's only our family that can help us.
Accept the fact that we commit mistakes because if not, this will only lead to more problems because addiction could affect your daily living.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
April 09, 2018, 04:27:05 AM
Yes stop playing gambling must of ourselves because without a sense of will then we can not stop and eliminate the addiction in playing gambling. But please be sure that playing gambling is the very thing that is not recommended because it is very risky and the effects of addiction can destroy the lives we have. Believe me there are many other things that are much better. Maybe I would say that the percentage of people who can stop playing gambling is just a few percent. Never try once and you will save the life you have in the future.
I also think that if someone has made his mind to gamble, no power of the world can stop him. Similarly, if a gambler has decided firmly to quit this game, nothing can become hindrance in his way. Gambling is fun for many people and it can also give money at times but in the end, one must avoid this activity because it becomes destructive due to the addictive nature. People lose more than they can bear.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
April 08, 2018, 11:09:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
April 08, 2018, 08:43:25 PM
For me gambilng is funny, im trying to have fun when im bored, usually im gambling with low bets, but to everyone who is addicted and saying to yourself ill have luck next time you wont probably, i dont know a person who is rich now from gambilng, just try to stop  Undecided
It is not everyone that sees gambling that way. A lot of people have opened topics about profiting from gambling like it is some investment that would just keep raking in cash for them and that is how it all starts. It is actually easy for us to say they can quit all by themselves, but in the real fact, it is either they make that determination and have someone to assist with that. Addiction is a crazy thing, and it is always hard to quit alone.
I also admit it that to get out of gambling, getting out of being an addict is a difficult thing. It took me a long time not to gamble again because the habit of gambling every day is embedded in my brain. then I think again what I've gotten from gambling. it turns out only long-term losses. I started with a new busyness and gradually I got out of gambling
Activity: 784
Merit: 262
AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system
April 08, 2018, 07:38:29 PM
It's not going to be easy even the addicted gambler wants to. He should have a support system like parents or family that will make him stronger mentally and emotionally so that he can fight the urge of gambling and finally end that worst chapter of his life.
Only week people need the support of other people. If you really have a strong personality including a strong willpower and determination with the will to no giving up easily, then you surely will get out of addiction. It is not wrong to get help from others, but why do you need to get one if you can solve it on your own? You have a brain, you have a free will. You can use it and change yourself like you change others with words.

No it's not a sign of a weak person, I'm sure with the lord and support of a close person, we can stop gambling quickly. Humans are social beings, we live together and need help from others. If anyone can ask for help, why not?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2018, 02:21:48 PM
Only week people need the support of other people. If you really have a strong personality including a strong willpower and determination with the will to no giving up easily, then you surely will get out of addiction. It is not wrong to get help from others, but why do you need to get one if you can solve it on your own? You have a brain, you have a free will. You can use it and change yourself like you change others with words.

Everyone has a different personality. There are people who can stop their bad habits by their own way and some others have to be helped in order to find the better way. But to be honest, all will go back to each of us. It depends on how strong our intention to quit gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2018, 10:54:44 AM
Actually without having good support system it is difficult for you to stop playing gambling, you really need your parents, brother or even good friends, who can help you to quit gambling, you own wish and hard work is also too much important for that, you must have the welling to quit playing gambling but your relation can also play important role and can really help you to quit gambling forever.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
April 08, 2018, 07:06:25 AM
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 03:43:26 AM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 08, 2018, 03:30:30 AM
Yes stop playing gambling must of ourselves because without a sense of will then we can not stop and eliminate the addiction in playing gambling. But please be sure that playing gambling is the very thing that is not recommended because it is very risky and the effects of addiction can destroy the lives we have. Believe me there are many other things that are much better. Maybe I would say that the percentage of people who can stop playing gambling is just a few percent. Never try once and you will save the life you have in the future.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
April 08, 2018, 03:20:18 AM
Fill yourself with positiveness. Have a strong willpower and determination because believe me, once you are committed to something, you will attain it. If you want to give up gambling, then you can do it because other people and I gave it up.
I agree with this actually if you want to quit gambling it should start  by slowly changing what you used to, it might hard but you cant overcome addiction if you dont follow the right process.

For me its like cigarette wherein you cant give it up suddenly, there's a way which is proper discipline in yourself and thinking why you have to stop. Sometimes you need to come to a point where you are helpless before realizing what you're doing is not right.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
April 07, 2018, 11:57:25 PM
For me gambilng is funny, im trying to have fun when im bored, usually im gambling with low bets, but to everyone who is addicted and saying to yourself ill have luck next time you wont probably, i dont know a person who is rich now from gambilng, just try to stop  Undecided
It is not everyone that sees gambling that way. A lot of people have opened topics about profiting from gambling like it is some investment that would just keep raking in cash for them and that is how it all starts. It is actually easy for us to say they can quit all by themselves, but in the real fact, it is either they make that determination and have someone to assist with that. Addiction is a crazy thing, and it is always hard to quit alone.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
April 02, 2018, 05:34:43 PM
Most of those gamblers who really played a lot ending up burning their money inside the house, those who can say that they are just finding time to
enjoy and still keeps on playing even they already loses a lots of money are just fooling their-self, they are thinking that they are just enjoying and
it's not affecting their lives, quitting is not easy for those who are already engaged and so addicted.
Yes its not really easy but if you still have concerns for your family and loved ones,you should not let gambling ruin your whole life.If you think gambling is already causing too much damages in your life,then start to leave it little by little.I know if you're determined to quit from it,then you must do it now or ask help from your family to help you get out from gambling.Have self-descipline also because changes should start by yourself and not from people around you.

I second to this. When your gambling is already affecting your family and your finances, there is really no question whether or not to quit gambling - it is a must that we quit! However, it is really not that easy especially when you are already addicted to it but a slow process and with fixed determination to quit will help you than just doing nothing.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
April 02, 2018, 01:23:56 PM
Most of those gamblers who really played a lot ending up burning their money inside the house, those who can say that they are just finding time to
enjoy and still keeps on playing even they already loses a lots of money are just fooling their-self, they are thinking that they are just enjoying and
it's not affecting their lives, quitting is not easy for those who are already engaged and so addicted.
Yes its not really easy but if you still have concerns for your family and loved ones,you should not let gambling ruin your whole life.If you think gambling is already causing too much damages in your life,then start to leave it little by little.I know if you're determined to quit from it,then you must do it now or ask help from your family to help you get out from gambling.Have self-descipline also because changes should start by yourself and not from people around you.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
April 02, 2018, 11:45:47 AM
Guys, I know that many of you have already discussed this issue regarding quitting gambling as it is addictive, and I know that this thread is just like any other one. But forgive me because I am really sick of seeing people committing suicide because they are in big debts. I would like to speak my mind.

It’s hard for me to believe this. How many people have you seen committing suicide? 20?

For me, gambling addiction is a symptom of previous problems. Someone with a good life, with high self-esteem and without any psychological issues, doesn’t get addicted to gambling or whatever. To solve your gambling addiction, you have to solve the previous problems first, and then, quit gambling forever.

While I agree that those to get addicted to gambling or to anything else have some unsolved problems in their lives that needs to be tackled at the same time that addiction can be so big that I think it needs to be deal with first, and only after the person has overcome his behaviors you can deal with the reasons behind them, otherwise the addicted behavior could destroy them before you are able to help them.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
April 02, 2018, 09:20:10 AM
That's right. Use healthy activities like sports to be a substitute on your gambling time. They say that it takes 21 days for a person to make an activity as a habit that it could remove even your urge to gamble completely.

21 days is not so long. do other activities and do it regularly. With the new habits you do in your usual time for your old habits then you will replace those old habits with new habits. If you've started it you just need to be patient.
The question is whether the person can do his new habit regularly and be able to forget the habit of gambling at the same time? 21 days is not a short time if we talk about forgetting the daily activities that have become part of our lives.
That is why they can never do it alone and would always need the help of people they can trust to always help drifting their mind away from it totally. As time goes on, they will definitely get there but it is not an easy thing.

For those who have tried to do it alone, they have always at one point find themselves back over and over again, so it would be a stupid thing to do assume that possibility. However, as long as you have the mind to quit and you have those who are ready to help you, it would be easy.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
March 30, 2018, 09:49:54 AM
Pages:
Jump to: