Pages:
Author

Topic: TOP 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD ICO - page 5. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 262
February 15, 2018, 03:22:22 PM
There are so many ICOs that are flooding the market. Many look good on the outside, however I read so many conflicting comments for both pro and con.

So, I wanted to know what top 5 things to look for in a good ICO, so that ultimately I can decide the best ones to invest in.

Please share your thoughts and advice.

Features (serviceable domain)
White paper
Tie ups
Developers and their previous projects
Competitors
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
February 15, 2018, 02:53:44 PM
There are so many ICOs that are flooding the market. Many look good on the outside, however I read so many conflicting comments for both pro and con.

So, I wanted to know what top 5 things to look for in a good ICO, so that ultimately I can decide the best ones to invest in.

White paper
Leadership team
Roadmap
Uniqueness
Area of expertise
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
February 15, 2018, 02:33:00 PM

You should do a hard work to find a pearl in a pile of garbage. I can advise 4 main things:
1. Hype around the project
2. Advisors
3. Developers
4. Innovativeness of the idea

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
February 15, 2018, 02:08:39 PM
You can consider so many things in a good ICO'S like Market strategy, Development team behind the project, whitepaper, Roadmap of the project and Website. These are the top 5 things you can consider when you look for ICO.
Activity: 97
Merit: 6
February 15, 2018, 01:28:59 PM
I use the following list:
1) Team - must have expirience in crypto and in the exact field for the project
2) Economic model - no matter how good idea is, if the token is useless it will not help. All future users of the project must have strong reasons to buy/own token/coin.
3) Working project/ptototype. If ICO is before beta release (or at least) alfa then I consider it too dangerous.
4) Well made site, whitepaper and etc.
5) Storng comunity and hype on youtube, twitter and etc.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 01:21:03 PM
You should always pay attention to the idea itself, the team, the site and the guarantor. If there is a guarantor, then you can safely invest money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
February 15, 2018, 01:11:00 PM
I think it also depends on your own strategy, are you holding for flipping or long term, most of the current ICOs I can bet on them long term, but if you are looking for flipping, the project must have:

1. Strong team
2. Sound and workable idea
3. Good tokenmetrics
4. Real Hype
5. and Advisors
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
February 15, 2018, 01:05:56 PM
With all agree. I also want to add that if ICO uses ERC20 coins, then you need to look at their availability and holders on Etherplorer.io. And that there was not one wallet that holds all the coins)))
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
February 15, 2018, 01:02:15 PM

For me it is quite difficult to find a good ICO, even if they look good I feel something scammy, but anyway, here's the list that helps me to exclude most of the scammers:
1) Presence of good team that participated in other projects;
2) Project development and technology specialities;
3) Accurate amount of money needed to be raised, that would be enough to get project done;
4) Feasibility of the project;

Activity: 314
February 15, 2018, 12:54:56 PM
My 5 points for good ICO:
1. Team - strong and public team - most important to avoid scam
2. Marketing budget - It is impossible to collect money without marketing
3. Working product
4. Token should be integrated to the produt
5. Sexy site and applications
Activity: 18
February 15, 2018, 12:49:55 PM
This is my opinion:
1. Founding team
2. Development path of the project
3. ICO theme on Bitcointalk.org
4. Community and media
5. What is their Token? Blockchain is needed?
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
February 15, 2018, 12:42:30 PM
There are so many things we should check but The most important ones are; team-advisor's past and popularity, their activity and followers quantity on twitter/slack/telegram, the cap size for the project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
HODL
February 15, 2018, 12:41:20 PM
I usually evaluate a good ICO project through the following factors:
- Professional management team, famous people in the field of crypto.
- Having a large community and growing steadily,
- Have a clear plan and direction.
- Have a unique idea and bring real benefits to the community.
- Website look and feel, focus on the interests of users rather than attract investment.
Activity: 322
February 15, 2018, 12:34:09 PM
1. It is preferable to find the project on one of the reliable aggregator sites.
Like:
www.amazix.com
icobox.io
cryptonomos.com
In no case do not look for projects on rating sites.
2. the problem and its solution.
3. site, community, bounty.
4. team.
5. intuition, other factors.

If project has working business model is very good .
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 15, 2018, 12:21:24 PM
No 1: The Company. Is the Company a solid entity that can make an idea into reality? Or at least has a solid back round in what it wants to bring to market?
No2: The idea or product/service itself. Is the idea or product/service itself disruptive enough or can it solve a problem?
No 3: The Team. Is the team robust or experienced enough to carry to fruition the road map?
No 4: The Community. Is there a large enough audience and community or the niche value in the idea big enough to scale and grow over time?
No 5: Is the token and business idea good enough for investors to salivate on and want to park their hard earned money in?  Cheesy
Product is very important in a project and that's makes a project turn a long term.
whichever way it goes, all research are still not perfect in 100%. It just help to reduce the risk of a scam
Activity: 280
EQUAL Network Token
February 15, 2018, 12:10:16 PM
I believe that there should be a smart contract, a finished product, an understanding of the team as it will be realized.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
February 15, 2018, 12:09:58 PM

WHITEPAPER, you should read their whitepaper first.
Website, check their website and study its content.
Roadmap, this is a good way to get investor on how they are planning the project and must be on time.
TEAM and Marketing strategies, respectable people backing the ICO is a good to see if it is good, good marketing strategy will get more investors.
PLATFORM/PROJECT, their desire project of the future must be unique and best of all.
Activity: 166
Merit: 11
February 15, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

I haven't really invested in any ICOs before. However, whenever I do my research, I always look at the team consisting the team, the goal and aim of the project in the long-run, the road map, and if there's a working product or service. Continuous development, advertisement and good marketing also leads the project to further success after the ICO.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 15, 2018, 12:01:00 PM
1. Video about project
2. Team
3. Whitepaper
4.Roadmap
5. Socialmedia
6. Good news about project and developers
7. Streams with owners
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
February 15, 2018, 11:59:11 AM
No 1: The Company. Is the Company a solid entity that can make an idea into reality? Or at least has a solid back round in what it wants to bring to market?
No2: The idea or product/service itself. Is the idea or product/service itself disruptive enough or can it solve a problem?
No 3: The Team. Is the team robust or experienced enough to carry to fruition the road map?
No 4: The Community. Is there a large enough audience and community or the niche value in the idea big enough to scale and grow over time?
No 5: Is the token and business idea good enough for investors to salivate on and want to park their hard earned money in?  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: