Pages:
Author

Topic: Totally Off-Topic! - page 34. (Read 104836 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 06, 2012, 04:41:05 AM
Unexpected benefit and entertainment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
We are bees, and we hate you.
March 06, 2012, 04:06:24 AM
Pregnancies?
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
March 06, 2012, 03:04:05 AM
What do farts and 45 khz tones have in common?

My wife says mine could kill an octopus - she can let rip too on occasion like today.

Are you saying 45kHz tones can kill an octopus? OK, but did you correctly account for the speed of sound in water? Also, what intensity did this occur at and did you correctly account for the increased pressure of the sound wave as it travels through a denser medium?

My understanding was that it was actually 43.5kHz that kills octupuses in water.
Bet you 10 bucks you can't kill this one with sound.

I could with an ULTRASONIC DISINTEGRATOR! Bwa ha ha haaaa! etc.
/me throws it into an ultrasound cleaning bin.

Crickets chirp -- no wait that's the ultrasound cleaning bin.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 06, 2012, 02:59:00 AM
Here we go again. Roll Eyes

What did you expect? You read my handle, right? I'm a sound nerd who isn't much into music. A small niche, I know.

I'm a sound nerd too! Want to call sometime and screech into each other's ears and guess the frequency? Last time I tried that, Ameritech upgraded my long distance plan and quarters shot out of the payphone.

You mean like famous blind phone phreak Joybubbles? Do I have to be blind first?
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 06, 2012, 02:57:22 AM

My wife says mine could kill an octopus - she can let rip too on occasion like today.

Are you saying 45kHz tones can kill an octopus? OK, but did you correctly account for the speed of sound in water? Also, what intensity did this occur at and did you correctly account for the increased pressure of the sound wave as it travels through a denser medium?

My understanding was that it was actually 43.5kHz that kills octupuses in water.

I could with an ULTRASONIC DISINTEGRATOR! Bwa ha ha haaaa! etc.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
March 06, 2012, 02:53:24 AM

What did you expect? You read my handle, right? I'm a sound nerd who isn't much into music. A small niche, I know.

I'm a sound nerd too! Want to call sometime and screech into each other's ears and guess the frequency? Last time I tried that, Ameritech upgraded my long distance plan and quarters shot out of the payphone.
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 06, 2012, 02:51:41 AM

March 06, 2012, 02:50:25 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
March 06, 2012, 02:45:53 AM

Are you saying 45kHz tones can kill an octopus? OK, but did you correctly account for the speed of sound in water? Also, at what intensity did this occur and did you correctly account for the increased pressure of the sound wave as it travels through a denser medium?

March 06, 2012, 02:15:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
March 06, 2012, 01:12:19 AM
That's Nyan Cat Turd Cake.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
March 05, 2012, 10:14:02 PM
From Caker.

Where's the cat, and where's the 'Nyan'
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 05, 2012, 10:10:17 PM
From Caker.

March 04, 2012, 01:35:23 PM
donator
Activity: 29
Merit: 252
March 04, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
You guys think I am a conspiracy nut and that's fine. However, to deny that our current banking industry isn't highly controlled by a few is insane.

Atlas, I have a feeling you yourself would deny it. (And, all it will take is to re-read what you wrote carefully.)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 04, 2012, 09:16:47 AM
You guys think I am a conspiracy nut and that's fine. However, to deny that our current banking industry isn't highly controlled by a few is insane.

Atlas, I have a feeling you yourself would deny it. (And, all it will take is to re-read what you wrote carefully.)

If you read everything that Atlas has published on the internet, you'll agree that the first ever Serial Texan is in the making.

31 pages later.... We are still talking about nothing.

that would mean we have another season of Seinfield

Or a whole new sitcom genre is in the making. (when did I start this 'in the making' stuff?)

donator
Poor impulse control.
March 04, 2012, 04:49:55 AM
Yes, I see. A problem for people and vampires.
Activity: 728
March 04, 2012, 04:05:30 AM
I don't think you spend much time near girls' bottoms, then.

I just think its funny when girls deny they fart.

"Oh I never fart, I don't know, maybe there is something wrong with me?"

The thing is if you really never farted, those same smelly gases would slowly leach into your blood and come out as you exhale. Gum?
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 04, 2012, 03:51:15 AM
Still, digital music encoding has a particular design range.

I think you might be confusing bitrate or maybe sampling frequency with auditory frequency. The former two are how robots hear.

It was a reference to the design of how to determine auditory playback before they worked out the difference between digital sampling and how it actually sounded.

Please continue.

This is nothing to do with BTC so it'll be fine. As long as you mention how to at what sample rate you should use when recording farts, we're golden.

Am I that old around here that I know about the competing technology of DAT and CD sampling design as the preferred implementation.  Not like I had a laser disk or something silly.(actually, it's heartening that there are others older)
Not old, just nerdy.
Maybe it was just I was pissed at being accused of being from the USA.  Need to take this back off topic - hmm - continuing the previous quote, "and the flowers"

I heartily apologise for the slur. I also didn't mean to imply you are a robot. Or a flower.
March 04, 2012, 03:16:13 AM
Still, digital music encoding has a particular design range.

I think you might be confusing bitrate or maybe sampling frequency with auditory frequency. The former two are how robots hear.

It was a reference to the design of how to determine auditory playback before they worked out the difference between digital sampling and how it actually sounded.

Am I that old around here that I know about the competing technology of DAT and CD sampling design as the preferred implementation.  Not like I had a laser disk or something silly.(actually, it's heartening that there are others older)

Maybe it was just I was pissed at being accused of being from the USA.  Need to take this back off topic - hmm - continuing the previous quote, "and the flowers"
Pages:
Jump to: