Pages:
Author

Topic: Totally Off-Topic! - page 39. (Read 104836 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
February 22, 2012, 06:10:02 PM
Aww, you guys left already! Wait until I wake up next time Tongue
Just use IRC already. Sheesh, no need reinventing the wheel.
Videochat is different than IRC. And I still haven't tried out the damn hangout functionality in Google+!
[foreveralone.jpg]

It's not bad, it works, and it lets you choose what window to share if you do desktop sharing (meaning better security, although annoying when you're trying to actually show the switching of windows), but it's slightly more steps to get to than Skype.
(Free) skype doesn't do conference videocalls though, does it? Hangouts also have the feature where the one talking is in main view, and youtube-video sharing (not sure if that's a good thing).
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
February 22, 2012, 06:01:55 PM
Videochat is different than IRC. And I still haven't tried out the damn hangout functionality in Google+!
[foreveralone.jpg]

It's not bad, it works, and it lets you choose what window to share if you do desktop sharing (meaning better security, although annoying when you're trying to actually show the switching of windows), but it's slightly more steps to get to than Skype.
February 22, 2012, 06:00:09 PM
[foreveralone.jpg]
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 22, 2012, 11:24:15 AM

But... he had video   Undecided
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
February 22, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
February 22, 2012, 03:46:26 AM
legendary
February 22, 2012, 01:17:24 AM
Finally worked. Didn't notice the big green "Hang Out" button Tongue
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
February 22, 2012, 01:14:57 AM
Don't know how this is supposed to work. Never used Hangouts before. Is there a place to type text or see who's around?
Click chat and type something.
legendary
February 22, 2012, 01:13:16 AM
Don't know how this is supposed to work. Never used Hangouts before. Is there a place to type text or see who's around?
Jon
donator
Jon
donator
Jon
donator
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 22, 2012, 12:48:08 AM
I think I have something all of us can appreciate

EDIT: Although in looking at the photos of the waitresses, they should call it "Peeps".

On my way to Tokyo.
February 21, 2012, 12:54:54 AM
So, Matthew, do Americans pull it down in Asia? Or have we made everyone there hate us too? Since the advent of Jersey Shore, I just don't know anymore.

Other expats hate Americans the most on average. We are seen as lazy, manipulative, war-loving, ignorant, obese, etc. An acquaintance of mine got in a bar fight here in Korea with some Europeans just because he was American and they wanted to rub it in his face constantly that they hated Americans.

As for Asians themselves, they are convinced that they either need America, or they need to destroy it. Japan for example is pretty pissed about the annoyance of bad military, as is Korea, but they also "level" with their own people to the tune of "We wouldn't last a day without them". It's sad.

Korea is not a good place to judge foreigners though since every loser in Asia comes here (China is a good place to judge foreigners), but I'd say most of the Americans here are more or less friendly and sane. I am obviously not one of them and I seldom socialize with other expats in Korea.
February 21, 2012, 12:19:53 AM
So, Matthew, do Americans pull it down in Asia? Or have we made everyone there hate us too? Since the advent of Jersey Shore, I just don't know anymore.
February 21, 2012, 12:12:40 AM
I think I have something all of us can appreciate

EDIT: Although in looking at the photos of the waitresses, they should call it "Peeps".
rjk
1ngldh
February 21, 2012, 12:08:28 AM
Careful guys. Those gals have some serious endurance. Make sure you are up to snuff before perusing and pursuing any of them. Tongue
February 21, 2012, 12:01:09 AM
I'm in for lefty...
Pages:
Jump to: