Pages:
Author

Topic: TradeFortress VERY untrustworthy, owes me 10.15 BTC, possibly others. - page 3. (Read 11309 times)

legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Did you actually trust someone in ripple that took the bitcoins that were trusted to you?

What is your point? Are you friends with all your friends on Facebook and do you follow all your Twitter followers around in real life? Have you thrown your friends into circles when you added them to a circle on Google+?

How is that relevant?

Just answer my question, please.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Okay, so you trust all these "TRUSTED PARTIES". Then what happens if, say, Bitstamp ups and runs? (not that they will)
You lose your money, which is not a question of if but rather when because Bitstamp is not complying with US fiat AML/KYC regulations, and eventually will be seized even if they're offshore.
vip
👻
Did you actually trust someone in ripple that took the bitcoins that were trusted to you?

What is your point? Are you friends with all your friends on Facebook and do you follow all your Twitter followers around in real life? Have you thrown your friends into circles when you added them to a circle on Google+?
legendary
quack
And you were abusing ripple system by a way it's not even meant to be used

How long does it take till Ripple shills recognize that it's a flaw in Ripple (valuing debt as binary)?

FYI you can trust very trusted parties ONLY (bitstamp for example) and you don't need to trust other individuals. You just need a link (usually via these super trusted parties that are actual well-handled companies in the real world.). Yes, it's debt only (except XRP that is not debt) and anyone can issue any currency debt in the network.
When you use MtGox or Bitstamp or any 3rd party system with your bitcoins, you're trusting them with your coins. This exactly same thing happens in Ripple. When you trust someone with your coins, you can't be 100% sure do you get them back when you want.

Ripple isn't supposed to work like that. OpenCoin WANTS you to trust all of your friends, et alii.

No. You should only trust TRUSTED PARTIES. When you trust someone, it's basically giving them that amount of funds.

When you and all your friends trust TRUSTED PARTY (like Bitstamp now again), it doesn't matter if one of your friends or ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS end up to be scammers. You won't lose anything unless this TRUSTED PARTY fails you. All the transactions in the ripple network are routed through the link between you and your friends. You dont need to make the link straight to your friends and it's highly dangerous.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

How long does it take till Ripple shills recognize that it's a flaw in Ripple (valuing debt as binary)?

FYI you can trust very trusted parties ONLY (bitstamp for example) and you don't need to trust other individuals. You just need a link (usually via these super trusted parties that are actual well-handled companies in the real world.). Yes, it's debt only (except XRP that is not debt) and anyone can issue any currency debt in the network.
When you use MtGox or Bitstamp or any 3rd party system with your bitcoins, you're trusting them with your coins. This exactly same thing happens in Ripple. When you trust someone with your coins, you can't be 100% sure do you get them back when you want.

Ripple isn't supposed to work like that. OpenCoin WANTS you to trust all of your friends, et alii.

No. You should only trust TRUSTED PARTIES. When you trust someone, it's basically giving them that amount of funds.

Okay, so you trust all these "TRUSTED PARTIES". Then what happens if, say, Bitstamp ups and runs? (not that they will)
legendary
quack

legendary

legendary
quack
* DiamondCardz stretches his arms

Right, back from hospital, time to jump back in the game. This shit is still going on?

That was not abusing Ripple. It is a flaw that will always be present in Ripple due to how it is made, and that could occur at any time in the future.

That "flaw" is same kind of "flaw" if I just started sending bitcoins to random addresses because it's play money because i am a noob and i dont understand what bitcoin is. That is a flaw in bitcoin?

It's not a flaw if it's only abusable when people don't know how to use the system.
legendary
quack

legendary
* DiamondCardz stretches his arms

Right, back from hospital, time to jump back in the game. This shit is still going on?

That was not abusing Ripple. It is a flaw that will always be present in Ripple due to how it is made, and that could occur at any time in the future.
vip
👻

legendary
quack
OP deserved to lose their BTC. It is just how it is.

You dont educate yourself then you suffer the consequences.
+1, OP deserved it

He got purposely mislead by senior member. This misleading resulted in the loss of OPs funds. Is that really OPs fault, completely?

Someone (senior member) tells a noob "send 10 bitcoins to address 1xxxasdasd and I will send you 11 btc back" and the noob sends those coins and never sees them again. Noobs fault to trust that senior member, what?

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

"Trust me 100 bitcoins and i will send you 1 bitcoin"

The noob (actually ripple shill) sends these coins, I take the coins and give it back to the noob, and the noob sends it again and someone else takes it.

"someone else takes it" is a result of you trusting someone to take them from you when the noob trusted you only?

Btw. this whole thing to mislead noobs, for whatever reasons, is bad. It only causes harm by mainly waste of time and loss of money. And it's likely not going to teach them anything since they're newbies for a reason (possibly don't know much about crypto). And you were abusing ripple system by a way it's not even meant to be used (people trusting each others like in your experience). (And you need noobs to succeed in this kind of abuse). 
vip
👻

+1, OP deserved it

He got purposely mislead by senior member. This misleading resulted in the loss of OPs funds. Is that really OPs fault, completely?

Someone (senior member) tells a noob "send 10 bitcoins to address 1xxxasdasd and I will send you 11 btc back" and the noob sends those coins and never sees them again. Noobs fault to trust that senior member, what?

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

The noob (actually ripple shill) sends these coins, I take the coins and give it back to the noob, and the noob sends it again and someone else takes it.
legendary
quack

+1, OP deserved it

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Never spend your money before you have it.
please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

Your trust rating kinda kicks that post to the dirt.

You must still be using the default trust list which unfortunately has that scammer in it. Unfortunately, the creator of the default trust list hasn't recognized TradeFortress as a scammer, but rather validated his scams by included TF in the default trust list, which allows TF's counter-trust to show.

Obviously analyzing the trust ratings for legitimacy is better than simply trusting the default trust system which may show scammers as trustworthy and non-scammers as low on trust due to things such as "forum spam" as some people apparently distrust people who post too much. . .
Activity: 308
please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

Your trust rating kinda kicks that post to the dirt.
Activity: 472
Never spend your money before you have it.
legendary
Let me just make this point a little clearer, OP:

He doesn't owe you shit. He did not get anything, other people did. This is the flaw with trusting people in Ripple. If I trust someone who trusts someone who trusts someone who wants 10 BTC and to make a quick buck by being blackhat, then this person can go all the way down the chain and take my BTC away.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Anyone dealing with Ripple deserved to be ripped. 

It's already implied in their choice of word.

You could also say anyone dealing with Bitcoin deserves to get scammed because payments are not reversible etc.

The Ripple system does what it claims. OP's failure to educate himself resulted in this loss.
legendary

+1, OP deserved it
Pages:
Jump to: