Pages:
Author

Topic: Trumps Travel Ban? (Round 2) - page 6. (Read 4611 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
March 07, 2017, 03:13:13 PM
Trump just put forward his executive action on the Travel Ban, and as we all know the first one faced legal blockade from the 9th circuit of Appeals.

....he went forward and changed a couple things on the executive action and put a new one in order....

An efficient way to get the job done don't you think?

He missed Saudi Arabia.  That country's religious ideology is the root cause of all the ISIS like behaviours.

From where I stand, he is not doing his job.  If the objective is to fight terrorism, he should start with Saudi Arabia.

That is where the terrorist ideas and money originates.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 07, 2017, 04:31:28 PM
Trump just put forward his executive action on the Travel Ban, and as we all know the first one faced legal blockade from the 9th circuit of Appeals.

....he went forward and changed a couple things on the executive action and put a new one in order....

He missed Saudi Arabia.  That country's religious ideology is the root cause of all the ISIS like behaviours.

From where I stand, he is not doing his job.  If the objective is to fight terrorism, he should start with Saudi Arabia.

That is where the terrorist ideas and money originates.

I don't disagree with that.   I know what our status was under Obama / Hillary re Saudi.  Obama bowed to the Saudi king, and Hillary would have followed their every suggestion regarding the US making war in the Middle East.

I do not know what Trump's stand on Saudi Arabia is.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 07, 2017, 01:49:35 PM

Anyone who wants to find a job that's looking for her, and those who do not want to work he is looking for reasons why he can't find work.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 07, 2017, 01:43:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
March 07, 2017, 12:45:46 PM
Well, I think it's the same shit on a different day. We still aren't targeting the countries that actually produce terrorist (the US and Saudi Arabia. I shit you not. When I found out we actually produced roughly half of the guys we pop for terrorism, I shit a brick). I feel this is the case because Trump has financial interests that he does not want to piss off. It targets people for religion still, with prettier words. Since we founded the country in the pursuit of religious freedom, I think it's bullshit. I know alot of you hate Muslims (despite the fact that most of us don't even know one), but if you want to paint all followers of Islam with the same brush, then do so. Don't treat the ones you like different just because you make money with them. Be an asshole unilaterally, I say.

Compare Snopes (we can all agree this is an  unbiased source):
http://www.snopes.com/2017/02/14/countries-terrorists-come/

With this (more statistics specifically on Americans that engage in terror):
https://www.newamerica.org/in-depth/terrorism-in-america/who-are-terrorists/

The second source is seeming non partisan, you can check the credentials of each of the researchers on the bottom of the page (everyone is pretty experienced, and you can't really lie about this, it's a matter of public record that is easily fact checked.)

So why are we focusing on those particular countries, that don't have Trump towers, when the countries that are the problem (and have Trump Towers) are ignored? The numbers don't lie.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
March 07, 2017, 11:55:37 AM
Trump just put forward his executive action on the Travel Ban, and as we all know the first one faced legal blockade from the 9th circuit of Appeals. Instead of Trump going forward and making an appeal up to the supreme court (Without a clear majority) he went forward and changed a couple things on the executive action and put a new one in order.

Jeffrey Toobin, one of CNN's senior legal analysts and contributors feels that the 2nd time's a charm for Trumps executive action, and I will have to agree with the Very Fake News organization for one of the first times in my life.

What do y'all think of the fate of the Travel Ban?

Link to article - http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/opinions/trump-travel-ban-toobin/index.html
Pages:
Jump to: