Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust system abuse / DT2 member Vod is provably dishonestly rating people - page 20. (Read 5825 times)

legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
I've not lied about anything whatsoever.
I've not scammed anyone.

You, Vod, on the other hand, have lied multiple times in this thread alone. Fake quotes even, lol. Please show quotes where I lie or scam (and when Vod won't, could someone else please show the quotes?) You've presented nothing, because you are making false claims. I've presented several of your lies, all in this thread, and all the rest in the links in the first post. Grow up.

I believe bidding on your own auction is unethical.  I don't trust you as a result.

Any other questions?  

Your beliefs do not make it scamming, dishonest or untrustworthy behavior. You've proven none of your claims about me calling you a scammer, me scamming, me lying, me admitting lying and so on. You, on the other hand, have done several dishonest and untrustworthy things. I assume you're ready to remove yourself from DT2 due to all your dishonest and disgusting behavior that doesn't seem to ever end.

Why are you:
1.) spreading lies about me? (source: your rating towards me, all over this thread and this thread.)
2.) calling me a scammer? (source: your rating towards me, all over this thread and this thread.)
3.) claiming I've "admitted to lying"? (source: your rating towards me and these threads)
4.) threatening to red-rate me if I don't change my rating? (source: link, ref 2, PM conv. source here)
5.) faking quote? (source: here and extra intellectual dishonesty here.)
6.) reasoning your earlier lies/claims using your faked quote? (source: here)
7.) changing stance about self-bidding from "not untrustworthy" to "unethical"? (source: link, ref 1, PM conv. source here)
8.) basing your "conclusions" on illogical misunderstanding and refusing to be corrected about your illogical misunderstanding / refusing to admit to have illogically misunderstood me. (source: link, ref 5, PM conv. source here)
9.) lying about the reason you rated me? (source: this and this contradicts these reasons and this)
10.) placing fresh negative trust using something that happened over two years before your rating as the main stated reason?
11.) abusing/misusing your DT position by placing unfair and dishonest feedback?

These are only the things I can remember right now. Could you start by answering to these questions? Please try to not be a jackass like you were here.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I've not scammed anyone.

You, Vod, on the other hand, have lied multiple times in this thread alone. Fake quotes even, lol. Please show quotes where I lie or scam (and when Vod won't, could someone else please show the quotes?) You've presented nothing, because you are making false claims. I've presented several of your lies, all in this thread, and all the rest in the links in the first post. Grow up.

I believe bidding on your own auction is unethical.  I don't trust you as a result.

Any other questions? 
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Vod changing his tag back to negative because Anduck refused to

I am trying to act neutral here, and both members have misused the system because its purpose is entirely different.

If you are trying to act neutral, don't take words posted by Anduck as fact.  Smiley

After my last conversation with him, I took over 96 hours to make my decision to tag him.  

I've not scammed anyone.

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Vod changing his tag back to negative because Anduck refused to

I am trying to act neutral here, and both members have misused the system because its purpose is entirely different.

If you are trying to act neutral, don't take words posted by Anduck as fact.  Smiley

After my last conversation with him, I took over 96 hours to make my decision to tag him. 
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
100% with you on this, now this have turned personal nothing else.

We all agree OP did not try to scam anyone and he was transparent in bidding on his own thread, although its subjective but still many of us consider it unethical.

Now Vod and Anduck should discuss it again personally on PMs, it's clear ego is hurting both parties. Vod should unblock him and should discuss with him again. They should know DT members or management is not going intervene since trust is not monitored. (Vod have advantage here being in DT2)

I want to hear more on what other people think on the recent events:
In the end you both are very senior members of the community,  be an example to us juniors... show big heart and you both should neutralize your negative trust.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
I was blocked by Vod after he red-rated me. Instantly. No way for me to reason with him in private. He isn't willing to do anything here unless it starts affecting him too. That means, when I get on DT or someone in DT red-rates him, etc.
Blocking people is something DT members do much often after tagging someone. But I didn't expect that to happen for your case, because you're/were a reputed member of the forum. DT members should listen to the other parties and not block everybody after tagging,IMO.

Again, Vod was right in tagging you in the first place, because what you did was unethical even though it was slightly transparent. But he changing his tag just because you won't change it back,is not expected from a mature member like Vod. I want to hear more on what other people think on the recent events:

Vod changing his tag back to negative because Anduck refused to - Vod blocking Anduck- and clear misunderstandings from both parties.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
This is the behavior of DT2 members. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39418486 when they see that nobody is stopping them, they would think they could do and say whatever they want. free speech eh?

Again, you're the one refusing to take the action that could stop those DT2 members. It's almost as if you only want to complain incessantly and not actually resolve any real or imaginary issues with the trust system.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
This is the behavior of DT2 members. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39418486 when they see that nobody is stopping them, they would think they could do and say whatever they want. free speech eh?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
Nice! Who am I an alt of now? It was suchmoon and actmyname before. Can I be an alt of Vod this time? That would be fun to try for a while.
copper member
🖤😏
~Snip~

Usually people who are deaf and blind can't hear and see the truth. I think God doesn't like you to see the truth so he has made you deaf and blind to it.

BTW, obvious alt account: o_e_l_e_o funny how you are the only one telling me that what I say is nonsense. this is the reason why people use alt accounts, they are cowards and want to hide behind their alts.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
It looks like there are cases where it's legal and customary for a seller to bid on his own auction. I imagine outside of the US, there may be jurisdictions with less restrictions on this as well.
Only in cases of a forced sale, which this was not. See my earlier post here for links to the relevant US law.

-snip-
Or more likely, he'll see you for the raving loony you are, agree with suchmoon, and then maybe, just maybe, you could stop derailing threads with your nonsense.
copper member
🖤😏
Time = money.

Since this topic is about the abuse of trust system, I'd like to remind you that I am a victim of abuse by suchmoon, marlboroza . according to KWH time is money, I have asked for money in exchange of my time by offering a service but suchmoon tagged me red twice, marlboroza has also tagged me for it. this is a clear sign of abuse, therefore I'd like to ask for assistance from the people in position of power in this forum.

Have you contacted DT1 members yet?

If I do contact dooglus and if he refuses to take any action, people would say that he is an irresponsible person. if he says that the tags on my profile are not valid and you refuse to remove them as you have already stated that you wont remove them under any circumstances and if he keeps you on DT2 regardless, he would lose his credibility and people would say that he is an irresponsible person for keeping you on DT2.

If he kicks you out from DT2, you'd lose your credibility and this forum could lose a potential useful asset. I am trying to give you a chance but you are unable to see it.
legendary
Time = money.

Since this topic is about the abuse of trust system, I'd like to remind you that I am a victim of abuse by suchmoon, marlboroza . according to KWH time is money, I have asked for money in exchange of my time by offering a service but suchmoon tagged me red twice, marlboroza has also tagged me for it. this is a clear sign of abuse, therefore I'd like to ask for assistance from the people in position of power in this forum.

Have you contacted DT1 members yet?
copper member
🖤😏
Time = money.

legendary
Would it be ok to bid, win, and then back out of paying or pay less than the winning bid?
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
snip
You might find legitimate disagreement on this point. Why, specifically, is bidding on your own auction (in the open) unethical?  
snip

What is the goal of an auction?
Sell something to earn money/currency. When you win your own auction, what have you earned? Did you take the sale price from the left pocket and move to the right pocket? How is this earning money or selling an item?
Bid shilling is designed to lose an auction. This has wasted peoples time, time they could have bought the same item elsewhere. Time = money.
Post a  Reserve and let it ride and stop trying to move the focus everywhere but where it needs to be, or what the definition of "is" is.
Theymos lays out the guidelines but lets the forum set some standards and gives us plenty of freedoms here, does he need to set everything in stone?

staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
You might find legitimate disagreement on this point. Why, specifically, is bidding on your own auction (in the open) unethical? It might not be the norm and other bidders might not like it, I'll give you that. But is there a specific forum rule? If not, we should look to brick-and-mortar auction customs.
It's not against forum rules. However, this isn't evidence that it's ethical. Legality, and ethics are different. It just so happens the majority of laws are based on ethics. Judging it's ethics in relation to the forums stance on whether or not it's against the rules is a moot point really. The forum doesn't moderate scams for example which are certainly unethical.

I'm not comparing the issue here with scams, however forum rules or how theymos interpreters the matter really doesn't make a difference because he isn't the one that left the feedback. This is why these sort of cases are so complex when ethics are involved there's 'bout to be people who disagree strongly. We all have different opinions on several different matters. Some people may have opposing opinions on the death sentence for example, but none of them can be arguably proven right or wrong. It's the same case here in that it depends on the individuals reviewing the case. I have generally mixed feelings about this scenario, and normally offer the benefit of the doubt. Would I personally bid on his auction in the future? Probably not. But, I haven't added any trust rating for a reason. Although, I understand why someone would.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
How would I count your words where you do not understand or try to realize that bidding on your own auction is no way ethical. Everything started from that auction. If the auction would never happen then you would never get the red trust from vod at the first place and we all would never end up writing back and forth here.

You might find legitimate disagreement on this point. Why, specifically, is bidding on your own auction (in the open) unethical? It might not be the norm and other bidders might not like it, I'll give you that. But is there a specific forum rule? If not, we should look to brick-and-mortar auction customs.

I came across this blog that discusses the legal issues (with reference to US law):

Can the seller bid at auction?

What do the laws in the United States, and what have the courts in the United States, said about such practice? Basically, the courts have consistently stated that:

• By the seller bidding, either himself or by proxy, such action constitutes a reserve

What does state law say about the seller bidding? First, almost all state law says that if the seller may only bid at a “with reserve” type auction. Secondly, that if the seller wants to reserve the right to bid, that such must be disclosed to the other bidders. Third, that if the seller bids without such disclosure, that the high bidder on property on which the seller bid can take the property at the last good faith bid prior to the seller bidding.

However, there is a consistent exception to all of this, which state law and the courts have upheld. At a forced sale, no matter the type of auction, the seller may bid without any disclosure. Such auctions are often court-ordered events, such as foreclosures, repossessions and the like. We discussed this in more detail in our article about Auctions and Forced Sales.

It looks like there are cases where it's legal and customary for a seller to bid on his own auction. I imagine outside of the US, there may be jurisdictions with less restrictions on this as well.

As such, it definitely seems overkill to permanently tag someone over a first-time offense for this. It's impossible for anyone to be defrauded by Anduck's actions here, since it was done in the open. No one ever heard of a warning?
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
For me, this is much more complicated than marriage issues. And I just born into this forum. In my opinion, it's all about red-rating and I think it's love. You both won't remove the love. What should we do? Huh
legendary
Starting at the price at "buy now" -price, or setting a reserve would have the same "win/win" outcome, right? Again, nothing untrustworthy or shady by thinking about it logically. The only downside of having non-disclosed hidden reserve price is that bidders may be wasting time, or may not win an auction due to a reserve price. Think about it: What is changed when auction rules state that there's a hidden reserve price? How is it different to not disclosing it? Keep your mind open, never say never.

Bid shilling is different, and means that seller is using others/alts to bid up the price.

From the point of view of a legitimate bidder there is no difference between bid shilling and what you did. Your bid was intended to prevent the high bidder from getting the item and/or to drive the price up. Both shitty outcomes for someone who wasted time on your auction and potentially forfeited other opportunities due to being duped by your "hidden reserve". Your continued insistence that this can't possibly be unethical makes Vod's feedback seem quite solid.

What is the purpose of an auction in this case?

For example to find a price level of certain item? Various purposes, really. How is that relevant anyway?

It sounds quite relevant. If someone sees Vod's feedback and decides to not bid on your auction because it might be one of those fake price fishing ones - that's great I think. I'm a big fan of informed decisions. You're not disclosing these peculiarities in your own auctions so Vod is helping you out. Please thank Vod and move along.
Pages:
Jump to: