Author

Topic: TV Series Top 10 Power Rankings (previously TV series Recommendations...) - page 184. (Read 619697 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
just got through hbo's "the wire". TOP NOTCH. best show i've ever watched, hands down. also recently watched "the corner" as a follow up (also baltimore w/ many of the same actors) -- didn't have the same punch but also very good.

Yes, yes and yes. The Wire is the greatest show of all time. The Corner is also a good watch.

The Wire is in my opinion the greatest piece of modern media and should be considered a classic along side some of the great books of our time.

There was actually a class at Harvard on the Wire. I would love to take a class like that. I could analyze that show forever.

The Wire is one show that I know I'll be rewatching ever once and a while for a very long time.

Yes, The Wire was one of the greatest series of all time, but it feels really dated to me.   It is a lot harder to watch it now than when it was new...
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
just got through hbo's "the wire". TOP NOTCH. best show i've ever watched, hands down. also recently watched "the corner" as a follow up (also baltimore w/ many of the same actors) -- didn't have the same punch but also very good.

Yes, yes and yes. The Wire is the greatest show of all time. The Corner is also a good watch.

The Wire is in my opinion the greatest piece of modern media and should be considered a classic along side some of the great books of our time.

There was actually a class at Harvard on the Wire. I would love to take a class like that. I could analyze that show forever.

The Wire is one show that I know I'll be rewatching ever once and a while for a very long time.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Do any of you watch "Orange is the New Black?"   Season 2 is about to roll out on Netflix.   Kind of a chick show, but I watch it with the GF, it has some funny stuff in it...

I actually watched a few episodes, it was kinda funny sometimes but it also had that chick-flick moments.
There where also some actors ive seen in other series like:
Donna from That 70's show
The Lesbian friend from American pie
Jim Levenstein from American pie
And I think a few more, so yeh this is the perfect series to watch with your girlfriend.
legendary
Do any of you watch "Orange is the New Black?"   Season 2 is about to roll out on Netflix.   Kind of a chick show, but I watch it with the GF, it has some funny stuff in it...
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
I believe The Big Bang Theory is the best comedy show I'll ever watch. It is so funny that I try to laugh less as I get pain in my neck laughing too much.
I just started this show a few days and I watch 10+ episodes daily.
TBBT is one optimistic comedy show which i love too :p i call it optimistic because it shows that you can get Penny even if you are nerd like Leonard. I have seen all the 7 seasons till now .. and it gets funnier and funnier with every season..! from gang of 5 to almost gang of 8 , the character buildup is too good ..! watching 10+episodes sounds a bit too much but I can understand I saw whole 6th season in 2days .. that's 24episodes :p
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
I believe The Big Bang Theory is the best comedy show I'll ever watch. It is so funny that I try to laugh less as I get pain in my neck laughing too much.
I just started this show a few days and I watch 10+ episodes daily.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Game of Thrones and Homeland are the only watchable shows right now, Breaking Bad was fantastic, and Justified and House of Cards seem worth a look. But there will never be anything like The Sopranos or The Wire again .
wow dual survival actually got better with the new guy.. joe is so awkward when matt acts like his hippie self..
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
MLP fan here! I’m happy to be a guy and a dad who watches My Little Pony  Grin
I’m not worried what people will think of me, I like watching it with my daughter (not alone btw) and talk about their adventures together.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
my little pony

LOL Grin

xaxa man a gotta say pretty cool sit with my kid and watch he also like pepa pig
Have you guys seen the talk about True Detective Season 2?  Apparently the names being tossed around include Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Joaquin Phoenix... Any of those 3 would do a good job

i think the executive producer mentioned that it will be mostly females as the main characters. it's set somewhere in california, not in the heartland of LA though.
legendary
Have you guys seen the talk about True Detective Season 2?  Apparently the names being tossed around include Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Joaquin Phoenix... Any of those 3 would do a good job
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
i like fargo and all, but it just feels like something is missing.. some sort of charm that the cohen kind of work has. i just kind of wish some of the characters were mor quirky. malvo is a good character, but it feels to me that he is missing a depth to the character. we see him menacing around and harassing people, but what is his ethos? what does the show say about what his values are?

Ah, I forgot to check that out. Will get caught up shortly. Were the Coen brothers involved in the show? I didn't have the highest hopes, but it's nice to find something new to watch. Wasn't sure if this was just a mini series or a regular series either.

yeah, they are executive producers. it's just a 1 season series. the show definitely has a cohen brothers feel, but compared to their other works, it feels like something is missing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
i like fargo and all, but it just feels like something is missing.. some sort of charm that the cohen kind of work has. i just kind of wish some of the characters were mor quirky. malvo is a good character, but it feels to me that he is missing a depth to the character. we see him menacing around and harassing people, but what is his ethos? what does the show say about what his values are?

Ah, I forgot to check that out. Will get caught up shortly. Were the Coen brothers involved in the show? I didn't have the highest hopes, but it's nice to find something new to watch. Wasn't sure if this was just a mini series or a regular series either.
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
breaking bad
the wire
the walking dead
lost
Merit: 511
I'm still watching Fargo (the series). Each episode has been really good. The guy that played Saul from Breaking Bad, is really funny in Fargo also...

Yes I recently started to watch that with my brother when he is comming home from work.
And the series is very good, I always tought Saul was great in Breaking bad, and in Fargo he plays a totally different person.
I like the deaf guy and his partner, they bring some fun to the series!
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
i think orange is the new black is coming back within weeks.. excited, i am!

I can't wait either.

Now I'm watching Star Trek: Voyager and House M.D. and of course Game of Thrones.

Jump to: