Author

Topic: TV Series Top 10 Power Rankings (previously TV series Recommendations...) - page 180. (Read 619697 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Quote from: beetcoin on June 10, 2014, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: bumblebeee on June 10, 2014, 04:40:11 PM
I started watching revolution.. its seems pretty good. If you watched all the HBO shows.

it's a crappy show, and is now cancelled though.

It seems alright I just started on episode 1 and now on 2. It has 2 seasons though.. it got cancelled?

Yup it is canceled. Show had first season good, meaning it can be watched but rest was crap and i mean really crap.
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Try the new 24 series Hannibal and fargo.

Hannibal is good...Fargo is approaching its final episode.   I like how they made it like a mini series so it doesn't drag on and on.  Hopefully more shows will follow this lead...
legendary
The best of the bests...

Prison Break
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
The Simpsons Tongue
Malcolm

And if you are mexican and like drugs trafficking series:

"Pablo Escobar"
"El Cartel de los Sapos"
"El Señor de los Cielos"

Enjoy...  Wink

I like drug trafficking dramas...do the ones that you listed have English subtitles?   I don't understand Spanish enough to watch it without...
legendary
If you guys haven't watched it yet, I recommend AMC's new series Halt and Catch Fire.   It is off to a really good start...
Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
I wanted to add a few things since I guess it came to me and I was pretty one sided about ATLA:

I would recommend Kill La Kill (if you are into anime)
One Piece
The Medium (although I'm not sure if it's on air anymore)
The Venture Bros

And there's a bunch more but I don't watch much tv anymore so I can't really think of anything off the top of my head.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Sorry if these have been mentioned before, but...

Spaced
Rick and Morty
The Thick of It
Monkey Dust
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
Republic of Doyle, light, but i like it Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I started watching revolution.. its seems pretty good. If you watched all the HBO shows.

It seems alright I just started on episode 1 and now on 2. It has 2 seasons though.. it got cancelled?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 966
In holiday we trust
Try the new 24 series Hannibal and fargo.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
If you really want to get into it, the first season of Korra was kind of meh, it was alright but it was a lot faster paced because I think the creators weren't expecting a big response out of it.

Book 2 is more, I don't know but you see familiar faces in it.

Book 3 so far has been the best, leaked episodes from /co/ on 4chan are up, and it's only 4 but it's definitely probably the better of the 3 seasons. The only complaint i really have with the show is there isn't much character development throughout. We saw Aang grow up, from being the boy in the iceburg to the Avatar, Korra is just....she's got some redeeming qualities but she's not really what I'd call "avatar" material.

Anyways look for yourself, the show is awesome regardless (I love anything ATLA anyways)

I will have to start from the first season anyway. I can not jump right in the middle of a show.

My friend sometimes back said he did not like it. I will ask him to see if he likes it now.
bitcoinnaire
If you really want to get into it, the first season of Korra was kind of meh, it was alright but it was a lot faster paced because I think the creators weren't expecting a big response out of it.

Book 2 is more, I don't know but you see familiar faces in it.

Book 3 so far has been the best, leaked episodes from /co/ on 4chan are up, and it's only 4 but it's definitely probably the better of the 3 seasons. The only complaint i really have with the show is there isn't much character development throughout. We saw Aang grow up, from being the boy in the iceburg to the Avatar, Korra is just....she's got some redeeming qualities but she's not really what I'd call "avatar" material.

Anyways look for yourself, the show is awesome regardless (I love anything ATLA anyways)
legendary
The legend of Avatar and the Legend of Korra are both pretty good series, the first definitely because well it's Avatar (don't watch the movie seriously, just don't.) and Korra because it takes place about 70 (?) years after the first series. Each one has 4 books, or will have 4 books (unconfirmed by the creators for Korra which is the newer of the 2).

Last night or the night before 4 eps were leaked from book 3 of Korra, and even though they were in spanish and needed subbed, the series is only getting better with each episode.

At any rate, I watch a lot of cartoons, when I had cable and Westerns so all I can really recommend is cartoons or a westerns channel.

Watched Avatar sometimes back and liked it. Watched the movie a bit, and I would happily pay up to get my time back Grin

Interesting tip on Korra, will look for it.
legendary
We have gotten some good recommendations from the Movie Thread... let's get it started for TV Series, as I think a lot of series now are just as good or even better than some of the movies coming out...

The ones that I am following right now are:

Banshee - Cinemax
True Detective - HBO
Shameless - Showtime
From Dusk Til Dawn (The Series) - Netflix Canada
House of Cards - Netflix
Vice - HBO

What other series are you guys watching and would recommend?

Excellent choice. It was fantastic. Waiting to see what they do next year.
bitcoinnaire
The legend of Avatar and the Legend of Korra are both pretty good series, the first definitely because well it's Avatar (don't watch the movie seriously, just don't.) and Korra because it takes place about 70 (?) years after the first series. Each one has 4 books, or will have 4 books (unconfirmed by the creators for Korra which is the newer of the 2).

Last night or the night before 4 eps were leaked from book 3 of Korra, and even though they were in spanish and needed subbed, the series is only getting better with each episode.

At any rate, I watch a lot of cartoons, when I had cable and Westerns so all I can really recommend is cartoons or a westerns channel.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I've watched through Friends for like 5 times, still one of the best comedy series there is.

really? it never made me laugh that much, though i did watch the show.. i get more laughs from big bang theory or everybody loves raymond.

Friends is the best series to watch ever.
Seinfeld is the best series ever. In terms of how it's written and how amoral it is.

do you actually find friends funny though? because i just.. i don't know, i guess that kind of humor is not what i like. i like jerry seinfeld and all too, but i just don't think he's that funny.

I find friends steadily funny (whereas some other series have very good and very bad episodes).
The whole romance part is a bit girly and bores me.
Seinfeld... you have to get in the right mindset. You can watch Curb your Enthusiasm to get a more radical version of it.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
I've watched through Friends for like 5 times, still one of the best comedy series there is.

Geez, how can you watch it so many times? I know a lot of people rate it, but I just don't like it. When growing up I would see the same few episodes repeated all the time, perhaps it was bad luck that I always caught the same episodes, but it was very bland to me.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

really? it never made me laugh that much, though i did watch the show.. i get more laughs from big bang theory or everybody loves raymond.

Seinfeld is the best series ever. In terms of how it's written and how amoral it is.

do you actually find friends funny though? because i just.. i don't know, i guess that kind of humor is not what i like. i like jerry seinfeld and all too, but i just don't think he's that funny.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Jump to: