Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 208: Holm vs De Randamie Info and Prediction Thread - page 2. (Read 2772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
I think Anderson won , a lot of people say he didnt. I gave him rd 1 and 3.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Here's the results of the event.  Overall the card was average at best.  The only thing that made it interesting was the Silva vs Brunson fight.  But then that turned out to be underwhelming as well.  I'm happy Silva won tho.  It's still good to see a new W in his column.  So yeah, can't wait for 209.  I got Woodley on that one.  

UFC 208: Post-fight Presser
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--s0SQgWDZM
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
germaine will dominate. thank me later

You sure? I was thinking of going with Holly Holm because of her performance vs Ronda Rousey which is basically the last match I have seen of her but she left a lasting impression on me so I am backing her up tonight for fun. And apparently she is the underdog so the odds are even higher on her and that's an extra bonus. I won't be upset if she loses though that's gambling  Wink

Why are you asking if he is sure when you last watched a Holly fight it was over one year ago. He might know better than you and with your post it shows you do not know any better.

Everything Ronda in the octagon was hyped by the UFC to promote women's MMA. In her fights before Holly, Ronda's weaknesses were not exposed. Holly exposed them all as showed in that fight.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
Germaine de Randamie
Anderson Silva
Tim Boetsch only for the odds
Glover Teixeira
Dustin Poirier

Randy Brown my pick of the card
Wilson Reis
Nik Lentz
Ian McCall
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -

You sure? I was thinking of going with Holly Holm because of her performance vs Ronda Rousey which is basically the last match I have seen of her but she left a lasting impression on me so I am backing her up tonight for fun. And apparently she is the underdog so the odds are even higher on her and that's an extra bonus. I won't be upset if she loses though that's gambling  Wink

MMA is all about skillset v skillset... One particular win against another fighter isnt always an indicator of who will win..  Germaine is a muay thai and kick boxing champion.. the more skilled striker overall and since Holm is a striker herself she wont have to worry much about Holm taking her down which favors Germaine by a long shot...
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
Let's not kid ourselves here... Anderson Silva is a living legend and a hall of famer, no doubt about that, but the guy is starting to be too old for this shit. He has taken too much punishment. He can win? sure, he can defeat anyone, but as age creeps in, most fighters start being the underdogs at least in terms of odds.

And speaking about odds... surprised to see Randamie with better odds than Holms. Randamie has a very limited UFC record.
The odd makers are really weird and they make these odds according to the spur of the moment and the reason for Randamie being a favorite is simply because Holy Holmes is coming into this fight with two consecutive losses in her career and that is what favors Randamie to be the favorite in the eyes of the bookies and she has a huge fan following in her native country.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition
We at DirectBet are betting NOW LIVE on the UFC 208 !

Bet NOW LIVE ! We are betting LIVE In-Play during UFC matches !

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

All the Best,

Michelle

www.DirectBet.eu
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
I have my predictions for the matches and all of the main events are easy ones unless and until there is an upset i hope i will win my parlay  Smiley

Holly Holm        vs Germaine de Randamie
I go with Holly Holm to win the title

Anderson Silva vs Derek Brunson   
Anderson Silva will win the match    

Ronaldo Souza  vs Tim Boetsch   
Ronaldo Souza to win the match by submission

Glover Teixeira vs Jared Cannonier      
Glover Teixeira to win the match by KO/TKO   

Dustin Poirier   vs Jim Miller
Dustin Poirier to win the match

Here's my prediction for the fight:

Holly Holm   vs Germaine de Randamie - I pick Holm

Anderson Silva vs Derek Brunson    - I pick Silva

Ronaldo Souza  vs Tim Boetsch - hard pick for me, but I go with Souza

Glover Teixeira vs Jared Cannonier - I pick Glover      

Dustin Poirier vs Jim Miller - another hard pick, but I go with Miller

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
he use to sweep his leg kick from a distant and knock vitor using front kick back then but this time its something that you don't regularly see during his fights. i bet he can't use his legs when on ground to triangle lock his opponents.

I bet for Brunson. huge win.
In this match Anderson Silva is the underdog and if you bet for him you could win huge Smiley Brunson is coming into this match after a loss and that too in the first round ,Anderson broke his leg but his performance were not that bad in all of his losses ,he is the underdog because he has lost 4 in a row and his age is against him in the eyes of the bookies.My bet is on Silva .

he is now the underdog? lol all the more. what i mean when i say huge win is that sure win. bet big and win big.
if he lose 4 fights in a row, chances is that he will lose the next fifth. his leg was a career ender, he should have retire after it. i'm a spider fan but after two fights with weidman, retiring is something he should have considered.

Let's not kid ourselves here... Anderson Silva is a living legend and a hall of famer, no doubt about that, but the guy is starting to be too old for this shit. He has taken too much punishment. He can win? sure, he can defeat anyone, but as age creeps in, most fighters start being the underdogs at least in terms of odds.

And speaking about odds... surprised to see Randamie with better odds than Holms. Randamie has a very limited UFC record.

exactly. Dan henderson is jsut an example here, he use to be huge hall of famer but the guy keeps losing all the time, i can't believe Dana keep giving him some fights but probably because he gives the crowd a fight we want. a fight where someone gets to be pound heavily which turns out to be him every time.

for Silva's case, its not just the age but that leg too. a broken bone is a broken bone.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
he use to sweep his leg kick from a distant and knock vitor using front kick back then but this time its something that you don't regularly see during his fights. i bet he can't use his legs when on ground to triangle lock his opponents.

In this match Anderson Silva is the underdog and if you bet for him you could win huge Smiley Brunson is coming into this match after a loss and that too in the first round ,Anderson broke his leg but his performance were not that bad in all of his losses ,he is the underdog because he has lost 4 in a row and his age is against him in the eyes of the bookies.My bet is on Silva .

he is now the underdog? lol all the more. what i mean when i say huge win is that sure win. bet big and win big.
if he lose 4 fights in a row, chances is that he will lose the next fifth. his leg was a career ender, he should have retire after it. i'm a spider fan but after two fights with weidman, retiring is something he should have considered.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Holly Holm is looking ripped as hell, top shape. But then again, so was Ronda Rousey in the last fight, and we all know what happened.

Radamie is undefeated in kick boxing. Holm is also a top striker in the UFC. I have no idea who I would bet for.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
@Hydrogen. This is what I think. Holly has been an enigma. Before beating Ronda Rousey she was considered only as average and was not on anyone's radar before becoming the women's bantamweight champ. Is she really only an average fighter that was hyped after defeating Ronda?
How long has she been working with Israel Martinez? Did she focus more on her wrestlng in this fight? If she did we might see a change in her style.
Holy Holmes started her boxing career while sparring in a MMA gym and jackson wink camp was behind her the entire career and she was working with Israel Martinez for a long time now but since her focus is not wrestling she is focused on take down defense which has helped her in her fights and she has taken down Ronda Rousey and her game plan will be to stand and trade and if Randamie performs better in striking she might take her down and finish the match.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

Holms will probably win this games seeing she's got better footwork.
After anderson's leg incident, it does look like it could break any moment by a simple leg kick.

GTFO spammer.  Anderson Silva will win via flying knee and get Brunson running back to his corner.

Anyway here's the official weigh-in video.  My thoughts on the main event fighters:

Holm seems edgy.  Like she can't wait to get in the octagon and get business done.  She's ready and the nerves might help get more adrenaline pumped in her system.

Randamie seems relaxed.  Too relaxed in fact.  She might be forgetting that this a fight for the UFC Inaugural Women's FW Championship.  She acts like it's in the bag and looks like she's already counting her chickens before they're hatched.  It could be a tough match for her and that could get her down psychologically.

UFC 208: Official Weigh-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4w61IiG8Xo

UFC 208 Weigh-in Results:
Holly Holm (144.4) vs. Germaine de Randamie (143.6)
Anderson Silva (185) vs. Derek Brunson (186)
Ronaldo Souza (185.Cool vs. Tim Boetsch (185.Cool
Glover Teixeira (205.2) vs. Jared Cannonier (204.4)
Dustin Poirier (155.2) vs. Jim Miller (154.6)
Randy Brown (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.2)
Wilson Reis (125.2) vs. Yuta Sasaki (125.4)
Nik Lentz (155.Cool vs. Islam Makhachev (155)
Jarred Brooks (125) vs. Ian McCall (125.2)
Marcin Tybura (245.4) vs. Justin Willis (* Did Not Weigh In)
Rick Glenn (145.Cool vs. Phillipe Nover (145.6)
Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Ryan LaFlare (170.6)

Posting the final two videos of embedded too.  Enjoy!  Smiley

UFC 208 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFu9OlQwTA

UFC 208 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S0OqdREQmw
legendary

Holms will probably win this games seeing she's got better footwork.
After anderson's leg incident, it does look like it could break any moment by a simple leg kick.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@Hydrogen. This is what I think. Holly has been an enigma. Before beating Ronda Rousey she was considered only as average and was not on anyone's radar before becoming the women's bantamweight champ. Is she really only an average fighter that was hyped after defeating Ronda?

How long has she been working with Israel Martinez? Did she focus more on her wrestlng in this fight? If she did we might see a change in her style.

Pages:
Jump to: