Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 208: Holm vs De Randamie Info and Prediction Thread - page 6. (Read 2772 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
The UFC should have waited for the legendary Cyborg to fight for the inaugural 145 pound belt and i am really surprised by the lack of support for Cyborg by the UFC new owners and Dana White especially. Cyborg is the pound for pound best female fighter in the world and she should have been the first UFC 145 pound champion,instead they have other plans. Holm lost her last two matches and lets hope the best fighter wins.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Umm maku, you're mistaken about the Holloway fight. Holloway won by TKO in the third round. However, I still think Aldo is the better fighter. He haw 26 wins and only 2 losses for a reason. Holloway won't be ready for Aldo so soon after a tough fight against Pettis. Aldo takes this by TKO/submission.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Just a little update.  It now looks like the main event for 208 is Holly Holm vs De Randamie for the inaugural Women's FW Championship.  The big question:  Where's Cyborg in all this?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
When I look at the statistics then Aldo is more entitled to win this fight: Aldo 26-2 vs. Holloway 19-4

Also Holloway is fishing from a loser position after his lost his last fight vs Pettis.

Aldo won his last fight vs McGregor - it might be a huge confidence boost for him.

Conclusion: Jose Aldo will be a winner here.

Are those results you posted come from the Bizzaro UFC division? You got them in reverse. If you really are not a fan of the UFC please refrain from posting the wrong information and avoid spamming the thread.

This is expected from Aldo. He will be wanting to fight again and be in the lime light. I can see him calling out Conor after that fight assuming he won it. I also speculate that Bisping will also defend his belt against Yoel Romero for the co main event.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
Aldo has a slightly edge to this fight against Halloway. Than only thing that bothers me is Aldo's jaw. Its very fragile like a jar. Just one big shot at the jaw and its all over. For the light heavy weight. My bet is to Glover Texeira. For heavyweight, im gonna go for Luis Henrique. And Roan Carneiro for the welterweights.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
When I look at the statistics then Aldo is more entitled to win this fight: Aldo 26-2 vs. Holloway 19-4

Also Holloway is fishing from a loser position after his lost his last fight vs Pettis.

Aldo won his last fight vs McGregor - it might be a huge confidence boost for him.

Conclusion: Jose Aldo will be a winner here.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, February 11th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 12:00 BCT / 4pm PST / 7pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 1:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 3:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://firstrowus1.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Holly Holm (10-2) vs. Germaine de Randamie (6-3) (Women's Featherweight Championship)
Anderson Silva (33-8) vs. Derek Brunson (16-4) (Middleweight)
Ronaldo Souza (23-4) vs. Tim Boetsch (20-10) (Middleweight)
Glover Teixeira (25-5) vs. Jared Cannonier (9-1) (Light Heavyweight)
Dustin Poirier (20-5) vs. Jim Miller (28-8) (Lightweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Randy Brown (9-1) vs. Belal Muhammad (10-2) (Welterweight)
Wilson Reis (21-6) vs. Ulka Sasaki (19-3-2) (Flyweight)
Nik Lentz (27-7-2) vs. Islam Makhachev (13-1) (Lightweight)
Ian McCall (13-5-1) vs. Jarred Brooks (12-0) (Flyweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

TBA vs. Marcin Tybura (14-2) (Heavyweight)
Ryan LaFlare (12-1) vs. Roan Carneiro (21-10) (Welterweight)
Phillipe Nover (11-7-1) vs. Rick Glenn (18-4-1) (Featherweight)

Other

- Neil Seery pulled out of his fight against Ian McCall on January 29 due to the passing of his mother-in-law. Seery was replaced by promotional newcomer Jarred Brooks on January 30.

- George Sullivan was scheduled to face Randy Brown at the event. However on January 26, Sullivan was pulled from the card after being notified by USADA of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected earlier this year. Belal Muhammad was chosen as his replacement on February 4.

- Luis Henrique was expected to face Marcin Tybura, but pulled out on February 1. A search is currently underway for a replacement.

Many thanks to the PuertoRican for letting use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: