Pages:
Author

Topic: UK Recording over 10.000 cases - page 4. (Read 563 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403
June 18, 2021, 03:47:52 PM
Something that no one would have expected to happen in auch a country which is abundant in vaccines. But for me, it really isn't that surprising since most of the time people ignore the threats of the virus. They won't even follow simole protocols that would've been able to save them or their families from this virus. They are too confident with their immune system and become too complacent. They are only wasting priveleges that people on some countries would kill to have. I don't even know what is up with the world nowadays.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
June 18, 2021, 03:23:11 PM
If that's the case...

then why weren't those youngsters catching fire few months ago but now?

The same people weren't vaccinated when the numbers low as they are not now. Yet, the numbers were low back then and going up now. They decided to get sick now?
Yeah, it looks strange that in UK, where big part of population is already vaccinated, numbers of new cases is increasing. While in Israel these numbers is minimal - just 27 new cases today and 0 deaths.
But probably these numbers is related with Covid Delta version which comes from India. It spreads faster and as I read, it's mire dangerous for young people than other versions. Also, I read somewhere that only two vaccine shots gives good protection against it. So, people who got just one shot so far still can get infected.

I don't know how true it is but I recently have read something else.

The article or the video was saying that the vaccine is forcing the virus to mutate because the virus is taking precautions to stay alive constantly. His (or Her) idea was that the vaccines are making these mutations...

Made sense to me.
That's not actually true and has already been debunked. On top of that, now that the quarantine measures have eased, young people aren't really careful not taking safety measures seriously.
If that's the case...

The same people weren't vaccinated when the numbers low as they are not now. Yet, the numbers were low back then and going up now. They decided to get sick now?
Yeah, it looks strange that in UK, where big part of population is already vaccinated, numbers of new cases is increasing. While in Israel these numbers is minimal - just 27 new cases today and 0 deaths.
But probably these numbers is related with Covid Delta version which comes from India. It spreads faster and as I read, it's mire dangerous for young people than other versions. Also, I read somewhere that only two vaccine shots gives good protection against it. So, people who got just one shot so far still can get infected.
Israel has a higher vaccination percentage, but it could also be an ethical thing, people in Israel might be more careful than in UK.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
June 18, 2021, 03:14:15 PM
If that's the case...

I don't know how true it is but I recently have read something else.

The article or the video was saying that the vaccine is forcing the virus to mutate because the virus is taking precautions to stay alive constantly. His (or Her) idea was that the vaccines are making these mutations...

Made sense to me.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
June 18, 2021, 03:09:06 PM
If that's the case...

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
June 18, 2021, 03:00:39 PM
^^^ Not only not as effective, but producing loads of variants, besides.

Cool
This is not the first time coronavirus has been existing, it has been existing for long time, this is not also the first varient but can be called the first deadly varient, as this deadly ones are existing already, also possible new varients will be existing. But this is not the case in this thread, it is about new people that are admitted in hospital tested to have the disease to have not been vaccinated before. I am not saying anyone should take the vaccine, but that is what the topic above means, while it is young people that are having the virus now which was not like that before, but the young people are not taking the vaccine unlike the old people.
legendary
June 18, 2021, 02:48:27 PM
Wat? Weren't the UK vaccinated mostly? Why is the number going up? Could it be that... vaccines are not as effective as people think they are? Maybe.

Maybe it was the social distancing and lockdowns that reduced the numbers, not the vaccines. That's also a possibility.

You have commented without reading the news. Although I guess it has happened to all of us at one time or another.
Most of the new confirmed cases are among younger age groups which have not yet gotten Covid-19 vaccines.

If that's the case...

The same people weren't vaccinated when the numbers were low as they are not now. Yet, the numbers were low back then and going up now. They decided to get sick now?

Wat? Weren't the UK vaccinated mostly? Why is the number going up? Could it be that... vaccines are not as effective as people think they are? Maybe.

Maybe it was the social distancing and lockdowns that reduced the numbers, not the vaccines. That's also a possibility.
A large percentage of the population has been vaccinated, however, in order to achieve herd immunity, you'll need at least 70% of the population to be vaccinated.

I know that already. I thought, they already vaccinated most people so the pandemic was about to end in the UK...
June 18, 2021, 02:42:56 PM

A large percentage of the population has been vaccinated, however, in order to achieve herd immunity, you'll need at least 70% of the population to be vaccinated. Unfortunately, UK and most European countries haven't had their youngsters vaccinated, while most confirmed cases in UK, are young people.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
June 18, 2021, 02:19:57 PM
The majority of the new confirmed cases are youngsters, who haven't received the Covid-19 vaccine. Thus, this shows how important it is for all ages to get vaccinated.

Sources: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-records-over-10-000-covid-cases-first-time-n1271197

How scary!

Younger age groups are generally asymptomatic and have a near 0 chance of dying from coronavirus.

That's junk journalism that seeks to scare people. This is what they normally do. They live by causing emocional impact on readers but it has been exacerbated since the coronavirus.

You have commented without reading the news. Although I guess it has happened to all of us at one time or another.

Most of the new confirmed cases are among younger age groups which have not yet gotten Covid-19 vaccines.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 18, 2021, 02:09:29 PM
^^^ Not only not as effective, but producing loads of variants, besides.

Cool
legendary
June 18, 2021, 01:57:55 PM

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 18, 2021, 01:50:49 PM
The medical must be pushing the PCR test again.     Cool
June 18, 2021, 01:19:20 PM
I was browsing the statistics of Covid-19 in Worldometers today, and was surprised to see that UK had over 11.000 cases yesterday. I was dumbfounded, since UK didn't have any significant amount of cases for the past few months. According to NBCNews, the Delta, which is 40 to 80% more transmissible that the previous variants, is said to be accountable for 95% of the latest surge in cases.

The majority of the new confirmed cases are youngsters, who haven't received the Covid-19 vaccine. Thus, this shows how important it is for all ages to get vaccinated.

Sources: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-records-over-10-000-covid-cases-first-time-n1271197
Pages:
Jump to: