Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 112. (Read 381003 times)

Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet
Activity: 152
it appears that in another 60-80 blocks the difficulty will return to normal

the shape of the graph for decrease continues to be a mirror image so far of the increase in difficulty

http://imgur.com/Z6YiSCN

be aware the timescale (block number) runs from right to left (left is most recent).

staking is now working again just fine too

FrickChick, argencoin and meebo (on alenavaa's pool) - if you post a deposit address I will send (at least try to send - good test of the network) you a 1000 UTC each as a token of the community's appreciation.

Cheers - usukan

Outstanding job to everyone that contributed hash! I am truly proud of the response to the situation. To those who are contributing their GPU's, time and electricity you have done a huge service to Ultracoin, I thank you and the community thanks you! I would like to double Usukan's offer and also send 1000 UTC each to those that remained on the pool, I would also like to send you out an Ultracoin t-shirt of your choice as well. Same goes to you Usukan. I am working on getting a few miners on line to help find blocks to move the difficulty along, I'm afraid this is the best thing we can do until we reach equilibrium.

Yeah its a prick to have your miners hashing for bugger all - brings me out in cold sweat whenever it happens.

Those who supported the mining in the darkest hour - I really take my hat off to you.

Offer still stands - just post your deposit address

FrickChick, argencoin and meebo (on alenavaa's pool) - if you post a deposit address I will send (at least try to send - good test of the network) you a 1000 UTC each as a token of the community's appreciation.

On and up and down and UP!

UaudboCoV45anf7uXXDyBdh8etw8e7V7vu

I'll buy a cheap NF14 only rig next month just to mine utc (4x r7-240) Smiley

Best regards!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
"blocks" : 1600637,
"difficulty" : 0.08739410,

Solo'ing i actually found a block early this morning ... yay!
And also received about 67 coins of staking reward.

I did notice that my balance has moved to become a stake, which i haven't done myself.
I wanted to sit out the difficulties, and avoid my coins getting stuck... but how on earth did they move to become Stake by themselves?
I don't mind anymore now things are getting back on track,just looking for an explanation ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
yep - just have to wait for next block.

Since diff has shot up again no new blocks for over 2 hrs

My test wallet still synced and staking though

anyone else stuck syncing at block 1,600,635?
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
anyone else stuck syncing at block 1,600,635?
Roobet
Activity: 139
Well done all!

I have noticed that the staking amounts are a lot smaller these days....is that because of the changes, or just because things are still catching up?

Where do you get hold of tshirts and the like? I could wear one, get folks noticing Ultracoin round and about?

Also, do we have an address to donate to things such as the miners who have done so well? if so, what is it?

Cheers,

Roister
legendary

the shape of the graph for decrease continues to be a mirror image so far of the increase in difficulty

be aware the timescale (block number) runs from right to left (left is most recent).

Cheers - usukan

Outstanding job to everyone that contributed hash! I am truly proud of the response to the situation. To those who are contributing their GPU's, time and electricity you have done a huge service to Ultracoin, I thank you and the community thanks you! I would like to double Usukan's offer and also send 1000 UTC each to those that remained on the pool, I would also like to send you out an Ultracoin t-shirt of your choice as well. Same goes to you Usukan. I am working on getting a few miners on line to help find blocks to move the difficulty along, I'm afraid this is the best thing we can do until we reach equilibrium.

Yeah its a prick to have your miners hashing for bugger all - brings me out in cold sweat whenever it happens.

Those who supported the mining in the darkest hour - I really take my hat off to you.

Offer still stands - just post your deposit address

On and up and down and UP!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Cheers - usukan

legendary
Woo - difficulty overshot the bottom and went too low.  Its increasing again.

It looks like it will bounce around for a while to find an equilibrium for 60 sec blocks. Its certainly bouncing quite high on the first bounce........

Overall very encouraging but early days yet
Roobet
Difficulty
We are going down slowly. Smiley
Hope i find some more blocks under 100% Smiley
Activity: 139
Well done to all you folks who helped to rescue the situation...fingers crossed you've sussed it out now...Smiley

Cheers,

Roister
legendary
yay!
"blocks" : 1600313
difficulty" : 0.09907569

Its looking good - this might work!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
yay!
"blocks" : 1600313
difficulty" : 0.09907569
Activity: 137
I got stakes coming in normal, no orphans yet.
legendary
ah - OK thanks

@ alenevaa
your pool seems to get every second (even) block like clockwork

Do you think this is correct - i.e. is there another miner/pool really getting the other (odd) blocks?

I'm pretty sure that every odd block is PoS
legendary
Difficulty
We are going down slowly. Smiley
Hope i find some more blocks under 100% Smiley

The rate of decrease is starting to taper off now ever so slightly - but at least the block are flowing.

And the wallet gets through to sync

Stakes are all turning to orphans though.
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
@ alenevaa

Do you think this is correct - i.e. is there another miner/pool really getting the other (odd) blocks?

I'm pretty sure that every odd block is PoS
legendary

next stop 0.16

looks like the curve may retrace a mirror image of the increase in difficulty as it decreases

That means the rate of decrease will slow after the next few blocks and take about 3 days to get to "normal" (but I guess that depends on hash rate?)

Interesting that my stakes are still stuck at 1 conf - after 4 more blocks have passed since staking? UPDATE - The stakes just changed from 1 conf to zero and became orphans.
legendary

next stop 0.2 (the decrease is linear at this stage)

@ alenevaa

Gold medals to FrickChick, argencoin and meebo for unselfishly sacrificing their hash to resurrect UTC from near death.  The community owes you guys!
Jump to: