Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 114. (Read 381003 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace
Stake minting is also fubar. 5 of 6 confirmations after more than 24 hours. Ties up coins that can't be moved.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
The difficulty is still increasing even after 17 hours between the last two blocks.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
Yes, I got latest walllet updat v0.7.4.1-g-9-g23ef1a4-beta.
Synced the hole blockchain but the wallet says "catching up", downloaded 1600291 blocks of transaction history. Last received block was generated 12 hour(s) ago.
What is happening?

difficulty is so high right now, that blocks are not been found, check the block stats on this poolhttp://utc14.yacoin.club/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

without new blocks, there's nothing to sync!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Activity: 137
Yes, I got latest walllet updat v0.7.4.1-g-9-g23ef1a4-beta.
Synced the hole blockchain but the wallet says "catching up", downloaded 1600291 blocks of transaction history. Last received block was generated 12 hour(s) ago.
What is happening?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I'm not sure how reliable ultrabex.tumblingblock.com is because it lost sync but here are some stats from the 1st of this month:

Day   Blocks mined   Block reward   Coins per day
71771230>10?
10lost sync10-

And now the difficulty way overshot, from 0.00024414 to 0.3663 which is a 1500 times increase (you can see it here: http://utc14.yacoin.club/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks) and it might keep rising?

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
It's happened! After block #1,600,240 the difficulty starts to adjust!

@alenevaa

What is actually happening?

As you know, fork point was set to block #1,600,000 but difficulty has started to adjust significantly only after block 1,600,240. Then I've wrote that fork is happened.

As a result, you can see that chain has completely stopped. The last block was found more then 9 hours ago.

So what's next? Another fork? Or may be revert to original Ultracoin. The pool utc.yacoin.club is still working and even finding blocks! Smiley

Hey thanks for your reply alenevaa

I have no idea whats best -  I await advice from the devs and anybody else with tech insight

Something needs to be done - and done quick.

Cheers - usukan

Activity: 288
Merit: 260

@alenevaa

As you know, fork point was set to block #1,600,000 but difficulty has started to adjust significantly only after block 1,600,240. Then I've wrote that fork is happened.

As a result, you can see that chain has completely stopped. The last block was found more then 9 hours ago.

So what's next? Another fork? Or may be revert to original Ultracoin. The pool utc.yacoin.club is still working and even finding blocks! Smiley
legendary

@alenevaa

Activity: 304
final wallet stay not sinhronized last 2 hour
Activity: 440
Roobet
Dont agree with you Hilux74
on NF 15 was also botnet virus. Was not so effective as on nf 16 compare GPUs mining, bit it was.
Maybe you right about multipools, but i dont think so. There is 100 more profitable coins to mine and i  dont know any multipool who mine scrypt-jane coins?
Nice hash add scrypt-jane but for nf 16. Othervise you can maybe rent couple rigs on interent. So my question is if is not bot virus from where then you can get 12MHS nethashrate?
if one GPU give you 5khs that should be then 2400 GPUs/6=400 Rigs.
dont know. Sad
legendary
@Kracko

I have to ask the question

Its now over 8hrs since the last block - is this increased difficulty going to decrease at some stage?

Miners have abandon mining - mine for 8 hrs for hope of 10 UTC?

http://utc14.yacoin.club/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

I am sure you are aware that nothing works now - wallets wont sync and mining, transactions and staking are stuck.

Whats the reason - will it fix itself - or are you working on fixing it?
legendary

In fact hashrate is low, only diff. is high (fork and diff. increase/retarget), and net hashrate is calculated vs. diff.
only a few blocks is find.

This will certainly balance supply up after the glut over the last 3 days

Seems its gone from a block every 2-3 seconds to a block every few hours - till I guess the retarget in difficulty adjusts to current hashrate and we get back to 60 sec blocks

If I was mining I would be a bit frustrated at present - but thinking back on the last 3 days rewards its not that bad overall
Activity: 272
Merit: 250

In fact hashrate is low, only diff. is high (fork and diff. increase/retarget), and net hashrate is calculated vs. diff.
only a few blocks is find.

Activity: 152
Dont agree with you Hilux74
on NF 15 was also botnet virus. Was not so effective as on nf 16 compare GPUs mining, bit it was.
Maybe you right about multipools, but i dont think so. There is 100 more profitable coins to mine and i  dont know any multipool who mine scrypt-jane coins?
Nice hash add scrypt-jane but for nf 16. Othervise you can maybe rent couple rigs on interent. So my question is if is not bot virus from where then you can get 12MHS nethashrate?
if one GPU give you 5khs that should be then 2400 GPUs/6=400 Rigs.
dont know. Sad

Yes, the hashrate is insanely high, would they put that hashrate spread on different nets that would give lot's of btc's worth altcoins, however the rest of the altcoins have not decreased rate, so where's that hashrate coming from? and why it doesn't decrease when the utc price does not rise up?
Hell, 12Mh/s would be really nice even on normal scrypt...
Activity: 440
Roobet
Even if diff drop a lot Botnet virus will connect again  and will raise diff.
So .... changing nf was not solution. Should block CPU mining to get rid of botnet virus.
Activity: 152
So .... changing nf was not solution. Should block CPU mining to get rid of botnet virus.
Roll Eyes

AT N14 there is no CPU botnet doing anything of consequence.  CPUs cannot compete against GPUs at N14 (or N15).  At N14 it is EZmode mining for dummies again and UTC has likely made its way back onto the menu of profit-hopping multipools. 

I wish the devs had gone with N15...no botnets no multipools...and low end GPUs matched effectiveness of higher end GPUs and power usage was lower. Mining setup took some more skill but it was worth it imo.

It's sustaining a ~10Mh/s, i don't thing that's a profit switching multipool.
I smell fpgas

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Roll Eyes

AT N14 there is no CPU botnet doing anything of consequence.  CPUs cannot compete against GPUs at N14 (or N15).  At N14 it is EZmode mining for dummies again and UTC has likely made its way back onto the menu of profit-hopping multipools. 

I wish the devs had gone with N15...no botnets no multipools...and low end GPUs matched effectiveness of higher end GPUs and power usage was lower. Mining setup took some more skill but it was worth it imo.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
no more blocks been found ?, there's more work to do it seems...
Jump to: