Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 76. (Read 381003 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
anything different other than fast transaction
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Hi there @funsponge

Well we'll all be sad to see you go.  You've been here a long time and a true supporter in our many challenging times.

In my darkest hours - I too have had all the same thoughts as you too.

That being said - I am widely diversified already and have pledged to get UTC off the ground again.  I don't give up easy.  Its only a hobby and a great learning experience for me.  Had I known just how many problems we would have upgrading the wallet and fixing all the issues I would have thought twice about taking this on.  I have however taken it on and won't give up.  I want to see UTC back up there and successful again in the future.  I will keep focused on that in my available time - and we are just about there now.

Overnight I have had word from Alenevaa.  He has worked tirelessly to track down our last remaining issue.  He has spent a massive amount of time running trials to pinpoint our connectivity issue.  It seems that we cracked the difficult fixes quite quickly with the help of PressTab (the retargeting, staking and other streamlines tested out fine and were done within a short time) - but we got VERY much stuck in an area that should have been straightforward.  Never underestimate the complexity in these crypto systems. If any of you have been through the ETH fork, DAO contracts, DAO splits, child DAO's, splitting ETH/ETC, replay attacks and working with DAO-C etc - you will have a feel for how much this is all wild west frontier stuff thats still being charted. All our best minds pondered what the issue was - we just could not find it.  Finally - through the valiant and tireless efforts of Alenevaa we have identified the problem and Alenevaa is putting together a modified wallet with the fixes.

Like everyone I have been very frustrated by this very drawn out development phase but its gone ahead just as fast as we can with our available resources. All of us are very busy on other things that actually pay our bills and travel and other factors have slowed our step by step progress across the team. If I wasn't a VERY patient man I would have walked from this project a while back.

Its still going to take a long time to get UTC back on top again.  We are just rebuilding the foundations at present. After that we can get back to the interesting stuff that will over time set UTC apart from other coins and give it real purpose.  The journey will be advised only for the patient though. I'm here for years - not months. Anyone sticking with UTC must consider the same timeframes - and follow through developments step by step to achieve our goals. Sure we will have a few PND's along the way - thats inevitable in crypto.

Our mission is to come out with a genuinely useful UTC in the end - and one that keeps evolving to capitalise on future opportunities.

We will all be working towards this for some time to come (and it won't be all roses) - come back and visit sometimes for a catch up.

Good luck for your new investments.

Cheers - usukan

Im coming on here to say my farewell to you all at Ultracoin.

I invested at the ICO and got my first UTC from Bumface and have been an avid Ultracoin support and promoter and even ran/run the Ultracoin twitter account but its time for a reality check. I've invested $12k in the last 2.5 years in UTC and i know i'm never going to get that back, so cutting my losses whist I can and taking it as a hard lesson learnt. I invested that much money as at the time of purchase ultracoin promised so much at the start. the fastest crypto created (7 second transactions), listing on btc-e.com, full time developer, marketing budget etc etc

I'm a long term investor and was never looking for quick profits. I do and will continue to invest in altcoins I see as being at the forefront of altcoin technology, but its over guys for me on Ultracoin. The only people left are bag holders hoping it gets pumped by a whale. The daily volume constantly is getting lower and lower many days go by and not a single dollar is spent on Ultracoin. Who would want to own it? Ultracoin doesn't even have a developer or a plan. Its failing further and further behind all other coins. Other altcoins have marketing teams, 5-6 developers, full time social media managers, funding/investors. They have created pegging systems, smart contracts etc etc.

All Ultracoin has is about 5 community members, a logo and a dreadful outdated wallet.

Ultracoin is never going to get any real world use.To stand a change it needs to be in the 20 Altcoins at least, and be on all the exchanges to get the following and community.  

I really wanted this to work but sometimes in life you have to take an educated risk and this risk didn't work out for me. Sorry guys Good luck for the future in whatever you all do.

Activity: 137
Activity: 307
Thanks for your support to UTC!

UTC will be here in the future. I give my full support to Usukan. Still development could be faster.

All good for you Funsponge

I invested at the ICO and got my first UTC from Bumface and have been an avid Ultracoin support and promoter and even ran/run the Ultracoin twitter account but its time for a reality check. I've invested $12k in the last 2.5 years in UTC and i know i'm never going to get that back, so cutting my losses whist I can and taking it as a hard lesson learnt. I invested that much money as at the time of purchase ultracoin promised so much at the start. the fastest crypto created (7 second transactions), listing on btc-e.com, full time developer, marketing budget etc etc

I'm a long term investor and was never looking for quick profits. I do and will continue to invest in altcoins I see as being at the forefront of altcoin technology, but its over guys for me on Ultracoin. The only people left are bag holders hoping it gets pumped by a whale. The daily volume constantly is getting lower and lower many days go by and not a single dollar is spent on Ultracoin. Who would want to own it? Ultracoin doesn't even have a developer or a plan. Its failing further and further behind all other coins. Other altcoins have marketing teams, 5-6 developers, full time social media managers, funding/investors. They have created pegging systems, smart contracts etc etc.

All Ultracoin has is about 5 community members, a logo and a dreadful outdated wallet.

Ultracoin is never going to get any real world use.To stand a change it needs to be in the 20 Altcoins at least, and be on all the exchanges to get the following and community.  

I really wanted this to work but sometimes in life you have to take an educated risk and this risk didn't work out for me. Sorry guys Good luck for the future in whatever you all do.

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

legendary
New wallet update

the good, bad and plainly ugly report..........

First - we don't have any plainly ugly news.  Grin

Bad - we still have an issue (the last remaining problem - as far as we know) with the qt wallet and its connection to the pool server (Alenevaa's test pool). PressTabs server/node connects with the pool and syncs from it - but the qt wallet will not hold a connection to the pool - its been very puzzling and annoying for us.  PressTab and Alenevaa have been working on this and Alenevaa now thinks he knows what the problem is.  Unfortunately Alenevaa will be out of the city on vacation until 10 Aug - so we cant make the changes and run final tests till after that.

THE GOOD

The new wallet connects to PressTabs node and syncs perfectly. Staking and transactions are all working fine with the current version of the wallet. 

The pool operates well and we mined past a recent test fork about a week ago and mining continues until today creating a new test coin (which we will abandon when testing is done). 

bathrobehero kindly pointed some serious hash to the testpool for testing after the fork and the retargeting was exceptionally effective - both up and down (thanks @bathrobehero).

So - in conclusion we are just about there - but we will have to wait a bit longer.

My apologies - but nothing I can do at present to speed things up.

Rest assured we are working as we can to deliver a new wallet - just as soon as we can.

Cheers - usukan

Alenevaa is back now and hes having a look at our last issue (above).  Will update.

Some damn cheap coins on sale at Bittrex - might be tempted to pick up a few myself.

Cheers - usukan

Activity: 247
utc14.yacoin.club not paying?
Tried both automatic and manual payout - no new UTC in my wallet.

Received. Everything is OK!
Activity: 247
utc14.yacoin.club not paying?
Tried both automatic and manual payout - no new UTC in my wallet.

legendary
Greetings Arrakeen - thanks for stopping by.

Yes - I may as well admit it now - usukan is a Rapture333 sock puppet.
We'll get some more soon when we release the new wallet.

Cheers - usukan

Wait...wha...?...I thought UTC was done with the bitcointalk forums and yet...it returns. Well alrighty then...

Vive le Ultracoin!

haha I thought the same but I guess it's hard to break old habbits

It's hard to break  a old  habbit

Duplicate accounts...wonder how many others are bought by the dev (or dev team) ? Kiss
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust

Wait...wha...?...I thought UTC was done with the bitcointalk forums and yet...it returns. Well alrighty then...

Vive le Ultracoin!

haha I thought the same but I guess it's hard to break old habbits

It's hard to break  a old  habbit

Duplicate accounts...wonder how many others are bought by the dev (or dev team) ? Kiss
legendary
New wallet update

the good, bad and plainly ugly report..........

First - we don't have any plainly ugly news.  Grin

Bad - we still have an issue (the last remaining problem - as far as we know) with the qt wallet and its connection to the pool server (Alenevaa's test pool). PressTabs server/node connects with the pool and syncs from it - but the qt wallet will not hold a connection to the pool - its been very puzzling and annoying for us.  PressTab and Alenevaa have been working on this and Alenevaa now thinks he knows what the problem is.  Unfortunately Alenevaa will be out of the city on vacation until 10 Aug - so we cant make the changes and run final tests till after that.

THE GOOD

The new wallet connects to PressTabs node and syncs perfectly. Staking and transactions are all working fine with the current version of the wallet. 

The pool operates well and we mined past a recent test fork about a week ago and mining continues until today creating a new test coin (which we will abandon when testing is done). 

bathrobehero kindly pointed some serious hash to the testpool for testing after the fork and the retargeting was exceptionally effective - both up and down (thanks @bathrobehero).

So - in conclusion we are just about there - but we will have to wait a bit longer.

My apologies - but nothing I can do at present to speed things up.

Rest assured we are working as we can to deliver a new wallet - just as soon as we can.

Cheers - usukan
legendary
sorry guys and gals - we are still testing

I've just started another full blockchain resync and it takes me 1-2 days and PressTab has done too many for words.

I know this is getting boring for you - but its actually hard work for us.

We will be back shortly.

Please rest assured we are working on it and getting close to resolution now.

Cheers - usukan
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
is ultracoin  death?

only devs have got ultracoins

Nope, we are many who hold  Roll Eyes

Cryptsy is a holder too. I know they have a few hundred thousand of my coins Sad
and mine too
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
is ultracoin  death?

Cryptsy is a holder too. I know they have a few hundred thousand of my coins Sad
Activity: 228
is ultracoin  death?

legendary
Thanks for answering press

is there a windows build available for public testing yet?

I am working on the final touches for a private test fork, we will test this hopefully this weekend. Confirm that all works well, then will release an official version with the fork set in for the public.

Anyone is welcome to watch the progress here: https://github.com/presstab/ultracoin-2/tree/priv-fork

I would not recommend trying to join the priv fork unless you really know what you are doing and how to back up your files.
legendary
is ultracoin  death?

Merhaba @beyinsi - ziyaret ettiğiniz için teşekkürler

Yeni bir hayat çok yakında geliyor

Çok yakında biz YENİ UTC yayınlayacak

Topluluk UTC çok tutar

Yakında geri iş olacak

Alkış - usukan
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer

I am working on the final touches for a private test fork, we will test this hopefully this weekend. Confirm that all works well, then will release an official version with the fork set in for the public.

Anyone is welcome to watch the progress here: https://github.com/presstab/ultracoin-2/tree/priv-fork

I would not recommend trying to join the priv fork unless you really know what you are doing and how to back up your files.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
is ultracoin  death?

Pages:
Jump to: