Pages:
Author

Topic: UN Gun control.... GO! - page 3. (Read 3651 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

It specifically answered one of the questions you posed. I'm sorry you're not happy with the answer, but I assume you're accustomed to that disappointment by now.

I asked three questions in that post. You attempted to answer one of the questions I asked by avoiding what people really use cars for on a daily basis. I think that demonstrates your argumentative tactics, and dismisses you as anyone to take seriously.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
March 23, 2013, 12:56:24 PM

It specifically answered one of the questions you posed. I'm sorry you're not happy with the answer, but I assume you're accustomed to that disappointment by now.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
March 23, 2013, 03:58:37 AM
I have a friend in the Philippines where guns were recently banned. There is now a rash of hit and run armed robberies there. Recently, her neighbor (a relative) was gunned down for the cash he was carrying in a money belt. It happened in broad daylight by a masked motorbike rider. I am not against guns, but we need reason to guide our lawmakers.

So, what you're saying is, they took the guns away, and crime rates went up?

Who could have possibly predicted this?
You would think that would be obvious to legislators. Unless you have a kingdom with cameras everywhere, the killers have little to fear.

Even a kingdom of cameras can't stop masked men... hehe they'd have to have a build that is unmistake able or the like.
Yeah they use body mechanic analysis. The cameras can tag heat signatures of their vehicles and can track the perps just about anywhere. Besides, most crooks are dim and get caught. Gunmen tend to live a life of violence and it's rarely for very long.
Imagine how short that career would be if more victims were armed.
Certainly someone carrying large amounts of cash would take precautions, including a firearm. In your home, a weapon should be recommended. However, most of the time guns are used in random situations where you would not be prepared for the element of surprise.

True. But criminals prefer unarmed victims. A higher percentage of armed people in an area reduces the likelihood that anyone will be attacked. (Especially if those armed people are carrying concealed, and it is known that concealed carry is a thing they do in that area.)
March 23, 2013, 02:12:32 AM
Guns are a tool just like a car...or a chainsaw!

Been absorbing NRA memes a little too much without thinking for yourself?

You can think too if you try! What do people use cars for? What happens to the economy when all cars (and trucks) are no longer available for use?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
March 23, 2013, 02:04:41 AM
I have a friend in the Philippines where guns were recently banned. There is now a rash of hit and run armed robberies there. Recently, her neighbor (a relative) was gunned down for the cash he was carrying in a money belt. It happened in broad daylight by a masked motorbike rider. I am not against guns, but we need reason to guide our lawmakers.

You would think that would be obvious to legislators. Unless you have a kingdom with cameras everywhere, the killers have little to fear.

Even a kingdom of cameras can't stop masked men... hehe they'd have to have a build that is unmistake able or the like.
Yeah they use body mechanic analysis. The cameras can tag heat signatures of their vehicles and can track the perps just about anywhere. Besides, most crooks are dim and get caught. Gunmen tend to live a life of violence and it's rarely for very long.
Certainly someone carrying large amounts of cash would take precautions, including a firearm. In your home, a weapon should be recommended. However, most of the time guns are used in random situations where you would not be prepared for the element of surprise.
March 23, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

donator
March 23, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
March 23, 2013, 12:22:07 AM

March 22, 2013, 09:02:07 PM

I think you are ascribing to the legislators more ability than is warranted.
donator
March 22, 2013, 08:53:37 PM

March 22, 2013, 08:18:50 PM

donator
March 22, 2013, 08:11:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
March 21, 2013, 06:42:24 AM
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
March 20, 2013, 08:15:49 PM
Those librarians and their radical extremist late fees.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
March 20, 2013, 08:01:07 PM
From what I've heard, these folks calling themselves librarians--libertarians?--one or the other, agree with the above Mr. Mackey reference.

I've yet to meet a libertarian who was for gun control... you must mean librarians. Many of them are liberals, and liberals love gun control.

I'm mistaken then--am I referring to democrats?  I'd read it on the comments section of a contemporary republican-influenced website (bad mojo but I'm guilty!) and they were all blaming liberals for advocating gun-free zones.

Edit:  I see my mistake now Grin  Apologies!  Liberal =/= Libertarian
Pages:
Jump to: