Pages:
Author

Topic: UNITED BITCOIN - page 3. (Read 21180 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
February 14, 2018, 06:51:28 PM
BTC has just 7 transactions per second. Bitcoin United can cruise beyond 10,000 transactions per second without breaking a sweat.

with one block every 8 hours on occasion? wow. that's real impressive.

this is truly a magical fork. there are no users. the leadership is non existent. it didn't actually fork in a known manner.

united bitcoin truly is sorcery at the highest level.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
February 14, 2018, 06:29:36 PM
The crypto vocabulary now has a new word: SHITFORKING.
My view is that nobody should try to get shitforked coins. If the shitforkcoins devs are so smart to provide people a very easy way to get their coins, that be it. Otherwise, niet!
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 06:05:10 PM
BTC has just 7 transactions per second. Bitcoin United can cruise beyond 10,000 transactions per second without breaking a sweat.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
February 14, 2018, 05:25:21 PM
Just managed to claim UBTC with https://www.excrypts.org/ and sold it on Exx.com after 1 month struggle with their wallet.

Thanks for sharing. that wallet looks like great. is it easy to use and is it safe?

Activity: 182
Merit: 33
February 14, 2018, 04:38:51 PM
I just missed the grace period because I couldn't work out how to send from a specific address with a nano ledger. In the end I found you could use electrum but then I got my segwit and legacy addresses muddled up and couldn't send to verify and claim. I suppose its too late now? Can grace to extended in exceptional circumstances? A shame because it looks like this is a really good project.

Normally it's not, we don't know what they are doing but (see above) it would be interesting to see what happens if we transfer coins with my tool, you can email me if you want to try (but from a normal or multisig address before block 498777, not a segwit one)

sorry not sure what you mean. You can get the ubtc with your tool and I should email you?

Probably, or try alone if you prefer, email me if pb

Just managed to claim UBTC with https://www.excrypts.org/ and sold it on Exx.com after 1 month struggle with their wallet.

I doubt you would have seen any coins anyway.  Remember, they screwed everyone prior to the Phase 2 grace period distribution by not giving them the coins they should have received.  And, that was well over a month ago.  So, to think they would give out to those in 'grace period' seems like false hope anyway.

Again, they can't reinvent everything and decide for the coins transfer, about the strange things they do to move coins, I don't know for now, but a normal transaction MUST work (I would certainly not use something like excrypts.org but do it if you like)

I don't really care about my tool here, it works and has been tested for UBTC (despite all their efforts to hide things), cf https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions/blob/master/ubtc.js

More interesting is to understand what they are doing globally, and allow people to transfer coins without them being involved, asking to register, transfer coins prior to some hypothetical "distribution" or whatever

legendary
Activity: 1499
Merit: 1164
February 14, 2018, 03:44:26 PM
I just missed the grace period because I couldn't work out how to send from a specific address with a nano ledger. In the end I found you could use electrum but then I got my segwit and legacy addresses muddled up and couldn't send to verify and claim. I suppose its too late now? Can grace to extended in exceptional circumstances? A shame because it looks like this is a really good project.

It wouldn't matter anyway.

I doubt you would have seen any coins anyway.  Remember, they screwed everyone prior to the Phase 2 grace period distribution by not giving them the coins they should have received.  And, that was well over a month ago.  So, to think they would give out to those in 'grace period' seems like false hope anyway.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 03:30:48 PM
February 14, 2018, 02:08:19 PM

Normally it's not, we don't know what they are doing but (see above) it would be interesting to see what happens if we transfer coins with my tool, you can email me if you want to try (but from a normal or multisig address before block 498777, not a segwit one)

sorry not sure what you mean. You can get the ubtc with your tool and I should email you?
February 14, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

February 14, 2018, 12:17:16 PM

February 12, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Robbery of the century maybe for UB

As I said, I don't know, but all of those shitforks follow pretty well my "guide", you don't need a bunch of school kids to do this, just one, something is different here, maybe worse (if possible...), apparently you misinterpreted what I meant, I am not supporting this one and the other ones neither, but the others are just simple forks, this one has something different and indeed quite strange, finding out what they are doing might allow to revert the situation against them if proven shxtty
legendary
February 12, 2018, 09:07:18 PM
not as trivial as all the other forks

say what you want about the average shitfork, at least most of them work as advertised and are upfront about their premines, or sometimes there are even none.

united bitcoin must be the worst run fork out there and is a flat out insult to regular users. before you even take the distribution into account, there've been periods where there wasn't a block for hours.

considering the supposed caliber of the people involved, i can't believe how pathetic and useless it is. a bunch of school kids could do a better job.

it's mind blowing to consider that jeff garzik was planning on running bitcoin itself.
February 12, 2018, 08:12:01 PM
@ECB thanks for the link

Even if subscribed there I really dislike reddit but maybe I will post something, and then look at the strange comments or maybe for once some accurate ones

Maybe wrong, but something looks different with UB, not as trivial as all the other forks (see my guide to create a fork in 5mn  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/user-guide-how-create-your-bitcoin-fork-5mn-fool-everybody-vitte), UB is clearly in there as a scam fork, but how they are stealing transfering all the coins is a kind of interesting, how they do it remains mysterious

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 08:56:51 AM
UBTC a bad project . I thinks so , the web very slow. the airdrop so crazy , I give up claim.  shitcoin UBTC.
No give us a good idea claim .
legendary
February 12, 2018, 08:37:11 AM
Then? Nobody has a synced node, I understood that some said they had one in this thread

this is the place to keep tabs on what the forks are doing - https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinAirdrops/

there are always people in that forum running weird scripts and nodes. if there is one running you'll find a mention of it there.

united bitcoin has gone down there just as badly as it has here.
February 12, 2018, 08:12:28 AM
Then? Nobody has a synced node, I understood that some said they had one in this thread
February 07, 2018, 11:04:28 AM

I'll try to find someone with coins that they are able to move (if I can) and DM you directly.

Thanks

Does anyone have a synced node? (at least until 24th January)

I would be very curious to get the result of bitcoin-cli (or probably ub-cli) getrawtransaction bfc1242a02f10ce6b9489812c4b95a39511b52fee5926621c900651669eb4224

This is the transaction that spent the example you gave to the miner I pointed out (ie UB team)
legendary
February 06, 2018, 06:06:22 PM
I understand that you are a bit angry like many people (and myself) about this stuff, but please consider that this is determinist, they can't easily reinvent everything

I am not talking about xpub, but the public key associated to anyone's address, even if it's supposed to be public, which is not the case in fact since all of what you get is the hash of the public key (ie your address), you can only get it when a transaction happens where the public key is disclosed finally

Then let's try understanding what they are doing, there is no magic there, and the more info I get the better it is (ideally a post/email "real time" with a transaction spending some unused coins so I can get it and see all the details, which is not possible with their explorer)

No, I am not angry at all.  UB is a bullshit coin.  I was just trying to point out how bad they are.

I'll try to find someone with coins that they are able to move (if I can) and DM you directly.

February 06, 2018, 05:35:02 PM
I understand that you are a bit angry like many people (and myself) about this stuff, but please consider that this is determinist, they can't easily reinvent everything

I am not talking about xpub, but the public key associated to anyone's address, even if it's supposed to be public, which is not the case in fact since all of what you get is the hash of the public key (ie your address), you can only get it when a transaction happens where the public key is disclosed finally

Then let's try understanding what they are doing, there is no magic there, and the more info I get the better it is (ideally a post/email "real time" with a transaction spending some unused coins so I can get it and see all the details, which is not possible with their explorer)

PS:

As for your tool.  I will look at it later; however, I noted immediately that the inputs are address which never contained bitcoin (as you pointed out may be a miner, but could also be part of an exchange).  So, they are addresses that were funded after the fork and likely from an exchange that was able to get coins from the phase 1 fork when they were included in hope of UB getting the name out or miner.  Although I have access to many addresses and their pkeys, I don't believe I have access to a single address that has UB since they were all defunded as unutilized.

I don't understand what you mean, it's not a tool for UB but all coins, I will not repeat it all along the posts but if someone can, then just try it here to see what happens
legendary
February 06, 2018, 02:23:15 PM
Pages:
Jump to: