Pages:
Author

Topic: UNITED BITCOIN - page 4. (Read 21180 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 33
February 06, 2018, 01:33:56 PM
Thanks, good example, given the people that are behind this fork (and that know all this stuff very very very well) there must be a logical explaination (if not why to do a fork?), so I am not sure that there is a God mode like rewriting the chain from the fork or mining invalid transactions, most likely they are using some tricky things that they know to move the unused coins and "send" coins to people

Some thoughts for now (mainly for myself but reconciliating everything might lead to understand what they are doing):

- if they ask people to send eveything to one address and then send a transaction, most likely this is to know the public key of the address (the address is the hash of the pub key, you don't know it until you spend an output), knowing the public key is one of the two validation steps to check that you are allowed to spend an output, so knowing it you can skip one step (that's why it's advised to change addresses each time), the second one is to check that the signature has been signed with the private key

- strangely the UBTC balance in their explorer does not correspond at all to the BTC balance, it's much lower, then maybe the output value is very small and then all the amount go to the miners as network fees, I am pretty sure that they are doing something like this

- indeed in the above example 31rZdrTpN57Wbfhg7xTPxeFGjEQaMBjxoo is a miner, probably people know that if you spend an output of 1 BTC and put wrongly 0.01 value to be spent, then 0.99 go to miners as network fees (not if you are using a wallet or my tool, but basically you can't cut an amount, then you can spend a part but needs to send the other part back to you minus the network fees, now if you don't send it back to you it just goes to the miners)

- this does not explain how they generate valid signatures for the transactions which require the private keys but we must keep in mind that the sighash serialization that they are using does not include the amount to be spent (they are not using BIP143 for non segwit transactions), back to previous points

- and apparently the signatures are correct, I just checked one transaction but it got verified correctly (see https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions/blob/master/ub.js)

The intent here is not to promote my tool but to understand what is going on, then again if someone is in a position to use my tool, please try with a small amount, this must work

Btw I read their "white paper", waste of time, very vague

And if someone can catch a "stealing" fact like https://www.ub.com/explorer/address?address=13MAXoPLQEmrtSTASDZrGNNpmsZ1gsAUnn please advise right away so I can get the corresponding transaction and check it (not easy to get)

legendary
Activity: 1499
Merit: 1164
February 06, 2018, 11:33:02 AM
can anyone explain why I need to send btc to claim my UBTC?

Why would you even consider trying to claim a coin where they haven't given out the coins they promised in the last Phase of distribution?  You don't honestly think that even after nearly 2 months that they would now follow through with Phase 2 Grace Period?

Even better, they changed the web explorer to hide the fact that they used such a GOD mode to reverse the 'unutilized' coins.  That transaction simply doesn't even show up anymore.

@Michail1 to what example/transaction are your referring to here?

Sure, just pick any address that had bitcoin prior to the 'fork' that didn't move them during their period.  No need for me to provide one.
For an example, pick any physical bitcoin (like Casascius coins)... I went to uberbills and picked a random 1BTC coin to exist.
https://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=13MAXoPLQEmrtSTASDZrGNNpmsZ1gsAUnn
So, with blockchain.info (explorer), I see....
https://blockchain.info/address/13MAXoPLQEmrtSTASDZrGNNpmsZ1gsAUnn
Obviously still funded with 1BTC since 2016-01-25 03:32:40 (depending on time zone).

You can confirm it also has all forks (as monitored by the site) at:  https://btcdiv.com/   (just fill in the address - 13MAXoPLQEmrtSTASDZrGNNpmsZ1gsAUnn and click search)

So, wait.... a coin (address) that has existed for years, it has every fork EXCEPT United Bitcoin.  WTF?   Oh yeah, this proves my point.

Let's confirm the is/was a balance at UB.   Go to https://www.ub.com/explorer fill in the address and click search, or go directly there to:
https://www.ub.com/explorer/address?address=13MAXoPLQEmrtSTASDZrGNNpmsZ1gsAUnn

WTF, the 1UB coins was funded on: 2013-12-06 12:41:14.0  (proving this is a FORK of the block chain), but again... WTF...
It was taken back by UB on: 2017-12-12 06:29:44.0  (Unutilized).  Strange they added this back to the explorer currently so you can see they took the coin.

So although it is a fork, UB then took it back (some kind of GOD mode).   I would NEVER Buy a coin that can be taken back at will at any time.  This is worse than banking or a credit card.  In this case, you can't even complain.   Wouldn't you just hate to buy a house, pay it off, and then it's taken back by the bank?

Do you really want a coin to exist when a founder can simply take it back at will?

So, not only is this a bullshit coin, but it's not distributed on schedule (or at all).  Even worse, they can take any coin balance they want at will.

How are they able to remove coins if they don't have the private keys? If they can take coins without having private keys, they should be able to take anyone's coins, regardless of whether there was activity or not. So where is the security?

They control the blockchain.  GOD mode.  And, I absolutely agree with you.  Why would anyone invest in a chain where they can take the coins without even a fork.

February 06, 2018, 09:23:55 AM
so my electrum wallet is now showing a green tick next to the balance and it's no longer 'not verified'. however i still can't send anything out. i'm getting the missing inputs error.

has anyone else progressed any further with this?

We are all in the same boat ECB.
The reason you (and I) get the error is because the coins are no longer in the addresses of your electrum wallet! Its just that Electrum doesn't show this last move.
They have been moved using some sort of GOD mode by the UBTC team.
If you look at the address that supposedly has the coins in your Electrum wallet then paste that address in the UBTC explorer https://www.ub.com/explorer/
you will see that the coins have been moved to an address that you don't have the keys to.
God knows when/if these are going to be returned or not.
I also went through the trouble of claiming the coins using their site but my balance shows as zero on their claim page???
Don't think they could have made this more complicated if they tried. Perhaps that was their intention? Bamboozle us into thinking it was our mistake!!!

Maybe I am starting to understand what they are doing and why they need people to perform one transaction to transfer the coins, but it's not so easy to investigate since apparently the explorer does not cooperate

@realmachasm would you mind giving the BTC address you mention above and the address the coins appear now in UBTC (you can email me if you don't want to put it here)

Does anyone else has the same kind of example? (ie some coins on an address that are now on a different one in UBTC)

It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone sends a transaction to UBTC from an address before block #498777 using my tool

February 06, 2018, 06:59:00 AM
This is not a hard fork. This is an airdrop. If it was a hard fork, you could use your private keys to get the amount. But they are checking for various transactions, and then are going to SEND you the united bitcoin, and only if you provide identifying information.

Why is anyone bothering with this? Is there really a thought that this is going to take off?

If they are able to send coins to anyone they want, then this is centralized. They have a huge premine, even if eventually anyone can mine. What is the point of this obtuse procedure except for them to keep more coins for themselves and/or to get personal information for tracking?

That is not correct.

It definitely was a hard fork.

Check your addresses to see you gained the coins and there are transactions on the exact dates you received them on the bitcoin blockchain.
To be clear.... If you had received 1btc for every month for every year and you go to the UB explorer, you will see exactly that.  It shows every transaction (Not simply a single address with the full airdrop amount).  The blockchain is 100% a fork of the original.

The difference is UB used a god mode to take it all away.

This scam was simply to de-anonymize and kill coin days destroyed as you moved your coins to claim them as part of phase 2, but they didn't give anything back to the addresses.

This is more likely just another jgarzik fuck up in which he can't fix his own explorer (the full node or the lite node).

Even better, they changed the web explorer to hide the fact that they used such a GOD mode to reverse the 'unutilized' coins.  That transaction simply doesn't even show up anymore.

How are they able to remove coins if they don't have the private keys? If they can take coins without having private keys, they should be able to take anyone's coins, regardless of whether there was activity or not. So where is the security?

That's what needs to be discovered and the purpose of my post above

Normally they should have zero control over the coins and people should not need them to move/claim their coins, unless they built a kind of "Bitcoin private network" where they can play with whatever they like, hiding things not providing a working explorer

@Michail1 to what example/transaction are your referring to here?
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
February 06, 2018, 02:51:55 AM
can anyone explain why I need to send btc to claim my UBTC?
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
February 06, 2018, 02:32:44 AM
This is not a hard fork. This is an airdrop. If it was a hard fork, you could use your private keys to get the amount. But they are checking for various transactions, and then are going to SEND you the united bitcoin, and only if you provide identifying information.

Why is anyone bothering with this? Is there really a thought that this is going to take off?

If they are able to send coins to anyone they want, then this is centralized. They have a huge premine, even if eventually anyone can mine. What is the point of this obtuse procedure except for them to keep more coins for themselves and/or to get personal information for tracking?

That is not correct.

Check your addresses to see you gained the coins and there are transactions on the exact dates you received them on the bitcoin blockchain.
To be clear.... If you had received 1btc for every month for every year and you go to the UB explorer, you will see exactly that.  It shows every transaction (Not simply a single address with the full airdrop amount).  The blockchain is 100% a fork of the original.

This scam was simply to de-anonymize and kill coin days destroyed as you moved your coins to claim them as part of phase 2, but they didn't give anything back to the addresses.

This is more likely just another jgarzik fuck up in which he can't fix his own explorer (the full node or the lite node).

legendary
February 05, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

That is not correct.

February 05, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
This is on my TODO list to understand what is this story of phase1 and phase2 here

UBTC is a fork of BTC, if you seek for some BTC transactions before the fork, then you find the very same in UBTC

Then I don't get very well why you have to rely on them to claim coins and what is this story of two phases (maybe missing some information here)

Because unless they put some strange things in the code you are supposed to be able to move coins without their help

For example using https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29235873

And I have tested it with real UBTC transactions

Someone to try it? (ie if you had BTC before phase 1 and/or phase 2, then you have UBTC and you can move/claim them with the tool)

Or am I somewhere off-topic here, not getting what is going on?
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
February 05, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

legendary
January 31, 2018, 12:53:55 PM
Strange the hash power died the same day of the distribution... Why would the network slow down the same day of the distribution?

What distribution?

The complain is that no one is actually getting the coins other than exchanges for Phase 1.

No distribution happened for Phase 2 (a month ago), nor even the updated time of Jan 24th.   And, for people to think they are going to get a distro for the Grace period in a month is simply funny if they haven't distributed from the last phase a month ago.

Quite simply, this is a Shame coin.  Even garzik hasn't made a single reply to any of the UB threads.  Even the one he is the moderator on.

At least some scam coins admit it.  This one simply never responds.  I'd rather buy into https://shill-coin.org/ as they tell you it's a shill up front.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 11:57:33 AM
Strange the hash power died the same day of the distribution... Why would the network slow down the same day of the distribution?
legendary
January 30, 2018, 12:48:48 PM
but not many exchanges are anonymous and they may well have signed up with garzik's company to keep track of questionable coins. exchanges these days are alot more scared of breaking an unknown law than annoying you.
Fine than. I shapeshift to some untraceable coin and the analysis chain is still broken. All they might know is that at some point in the past the fake name and disposable anon sim I used has had some BCN or something of the sort.

I believe this is too elaborate and of too little value. When the "tax" they request is hard cash in hand, much more palpable.

That's all fine and dandy trying to anonimize your coins; however, the issue still remains that they haven't even paid out for Phase 2 that completed nearly a month ago.  So, no reason to believe that going after the Grace Period coins after giving up information is going to be any better.

What's next?  Phase 2 Grace Period Extra Super Round by linking your Facebook and Twitter accounts to get the Super Extra Bonus stuff (and still while not paying the prior rounds and/or retracting them as well in God mode)?   Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
January 30, 2018, 12:17:16 PM
but not many exchanges are anonymous and they may well have signed up with garzik's company to keep track of questionable coins. exchanges these days are alot more scared of breaking an unknown law than annoying you.
Fine than. I shapeshift to some untraceable coin and the analysis chain is still broken. All they might know is that at some point in the past the fake name and disposable anon sim I used has had some BCN or something of the sort.

I believe this is too elaborate and of too little value. When the "tax" they request is hard cash in hand, much more palpable.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 30, 2018, 11:10:50 AM
I signed up with some bogus info. And I clicked thru it until it asked me to pay a tax to them. This looks like scam.

It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.
They're not very smart, if this is their plan. I can easily empty the BTC addr to some exchange and the analysis chain is broken.

yep. i fired up my vpn, dug out a disposable sim and tried the sign up thing. it wanted something like .0005 from the address I 'registered'.

there is nothing to send in that address. i'm not stupid enough to leave any bitcoin in there.

this fork gets more loathsome and amateurish with every move.
January 30, 2018, 10:21:41 AM
I signed up with some bogus info. And I clicked thru it until it asked me to pay a tax to them. This looks like scam.

It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.
They're not very smart, if this is their plan. I can easily empty the BTC addr to some exchange and the analysis chain is broken.
legendary
January 30, 2018, 10:12:05 AM
For phase 2 claim now they want me to send an amount of BTC to some addr. WTH? Is this like a "tax" for claiming?

1Gp55PCWuNGXFwLqWQoSkiL325Ksj4rhuM - lots of transactions. This method of claiming is outright BS.

Actually... Phase 2 is over and they didn't distribute anything.

They are now in Phase 2 (B) called 'Grace Period' in which they want you to now sign up and they now require identifying information.
Without having given out the original Phase 2 distribution which closed nearly a month ago, there is no reason to believe they would give out phase 2 grace period after you give up your personal information.  It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.

Quite simply, it might as well be people trying to find the richest bitcoin holders in order to extort them.
January 30, 2018, 09:37:40 AM
For phase 2 claim now they want me to send an amount of BTC to some addr. WTH? Is this like a "tax" for claiming?

1Gp55PCWuNGXFwLqWQoSkiL325Ksj4rhuM - lots of transactions. This method of claiming is outright BS.
January 30, 2018, 08:53:12 AM
You can use this tool to claim forked coins (and whatever coin now or later): https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions

We just added United Bitcoin

See also https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-to-claim-coins-for-all-bitcoin-forks-without-using-wallets-or-running-nodes-2827163 for a summary and supported coins
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2018, 11:50:35 PM

How do we link our HSR/QTUM addresses? or do we just wait and claim later?
Merit: 7
January 29, 2018, 05:52:04 PM
Pages:
Jump to: