Author

Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Hardfork block 1042000 - Merge Mine w/BTC! - page 786. (Read 1046631 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I popped into IRC and asked nicely for the owner to fix rockchain and they did.

Which is great news.  We don't want UNO looking like a neglected coin when we have such a great (albeit small) community.
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
I have created a provably fair dice game:

http://cryptap.us/uno/dice

Note that the bets are quite limited at the moment due to my limited reserves. If you feel like donating to raise the limits you can find my UNO address at the bottom of the page.

If it eats you coins, PM me and if we can verify in the block chain I will refund.

Feedback is welcome.

I've added a coinbomb game to the above link. Please let me know of any issues.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
I see at Cryptorush there is now UNO pairs with BTC/LTC/POT

I'm not very confident in this exchange at the moment. I can hope they can pull everything back together after their recent problems. The more pairings for UNO, the better.

I would stay away from cryptorush... why can't I find a block source on my wallet?  I need tos ee if I've been screwed or not from coinEX as I am trying to send 30 UNO from coinex to my wallet... this is starting to piss me off.

Cryptorush is officially insolvent. Bummer. I hate to lose UNO markets.
UNO is still on Mintpal. I'm not sure when they will drop it; I hope they changed their mind.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 361
In finance, a contrarian is one who attempts to profit by investing in a manner that differs from the conventional wisdom, when the consensus opinion appears to be wrong.

A contrarian believes that certain crowd behavior among investors can lead to exploitable mispricings in securities markets. For example, widespread pessimism about a stock can drive a price so low that it overstates the company's risks, and understates its prospects for returning to profitability. Identifying and purchasing such distressed stocks, and selling them after the company recovers, can lead to above-average gains. Conversely, widespread optimism can result in unjustifiably high valuations that will eventually lead to drops, when those high expectations don't pan out. Avoiding (or short-selling) investments in over-hyped investments reduces the risk of such drops. These general principles can apply whether the investment in question is an individual stock, an industry sector, or an entire market or any other asset class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian_investing
I waited around for a long time on a transaction once because I didn't confirm the action from email.   There is some server issue with displaying rockchain info...?

Yeah every so often abe crashes, and I have to restart the server. If anyone knows anything about setting up bitcoinjs please send me a pm.

Activity: 294

I'm not very confident in this exchange at the moment. I can hope they can pull everything back together after their recent problems. The more pairings for UNO, the better.

I would stay away from cryptorush... why can't I find a block source on my wallet?  I need tos ee if I've been screwed or not from coinEX as I am trying to send 30 UNO from coinex to my wallet... this is starting to piss me off.
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
In the midst of reward halving anticipation and speculation I came across the following about Maxcoin -

MaxCoin block reward will be halved from 96 to 48:  The Maxcoin developers have today announced the reduction in supply of Maxcoin, following repeated requests from many of users and the consideration of this early. This could make the coin find a bottom in price and then start to climb back up.

http://maxcoin.nl/2014/03/606/

I do hold Maxcoin along with Unobtanium.
I hope his prices, if your guess is right, then a is a very interesting thing.
Activity: 1260
"Due to some information I have of which I cannot share the source, all I can say is BUY SILVER, BUY GOLD, SELL JPMorgan STOCK (JPM), and SELL and/or SELL SHORT GOLDMAN SACHS STOCK (GS) ASAP!!!"

-quote by someone

...To which I add:  BUY UNOBTANIUM!!!!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Glad this forum was created! I really think this forum should be added to unobtanium.io. To cryptapus, I sent you 3 UNO. Thanks for your work!
Interesting to see the volume jump on UNO today. It tripled from yesterday. This smells a lot like it did at the last halving, bottom reached and then heavy-handed, steel-balled traders get hold of it. Volume picks up.... resistance becomes weak until...
I think the UNO market will be tested in a few days for resistance
If the price goes up just 20%, weak hands and short buys will dump into heavy hands. Hopefully that stability will hold so a strong base can build and UNO can get back up to where it was.
I have personally put up many walls around .004 - .006 that were dumped hard onto. There can not be too many coins left for a hard dump at least until .012- 0.15. And then once owners are changed at that point, the price will rise even more.
I love this coin and I know many others do as well, I believe someone once put it: UNO has a supreme aura.
It always has a very good standing on cryptsy for volume, I have been impressed how uno rarely averages outside the top 20 at cryptsy in volume. I believe currently 12th in volume. This is a very good sign heading down the stretch to the next halving. A lot of big buys/sells have been made. UNO is currently in the 1st phase of changing hands. I believe the 2nd phase will be around .012-.015++. Just my personal guess.
I believe in this coin and always have, it definitely takes the "rare coin" top spot. Its the fastest rare coin by leaps and bounds, and hasn't ever forked like many of these new, poorly coded coins.
UNO's speed is 3 minute blocks, all other rare coins, bitcoin included, have ~10-15 minutes blocks!! So fast for such a small number of total coins!!
Well hope everyone is taking this rare opportunity, bitcoin and UNO are super, super low. Only the heaviest, steel balls are exchanging fiat for UNO!! I'm sure many are worried at the low prices wondering if they will go any lower still. Well that is the point we need to get to, to weaken resistance, to get the price of this coin back up. Keep your hands heavy and your balls steel!

"As you might have noticed our idea for the BlackCoin multipool has made big waves in the Crypto Community. Ever since the idea was announced we have seen a dramatic rise in price for BlackCoin and multiple other coins, even the community of Dogecoin, has considered doing the same thing for their coin."

http://www.blackcoin.co/statement/official-pool/

"But BlackCoin can't be mined anymore, right?

Yes, this is true, but there are many other coins that can be mined on a daily basis. The BlackCoin Multipool will mine other coins, exchange those to BTC and use the BTC to buy BlackCoins and then payout the miners directly in BlackCoin. This means that, as long as miners are pointed to the multipool, there will be daily buy pressure on the several exchanges that have BlackCoin available. This means that the price of BlackCoin has only one way to go: up."

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/3/18/blackcoin-multipool-an-innovative-view-by-soepkip?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The BlackCoin MultiPool (BCMP) should contribute to a greater examination of an altcoin's value. I think Unobtanium's low total mintage of 250,000 provides a unique store of value in the altcoin marketplace, especially at today's price with next halving at block 306,000.  Total number of UNO at this time is ~170,000.
I'm studying the Borgcoin... I mean Blackcoin Pool project and its potential impact on the altcoin scene.  Could this development be a good opportunity to attract altcoiners to the Unobtanium community?  Anyone else looking at Blackcoin?  I don't hold any Blackcoin.      
Sold some Maxcoin to buy more Unobtanium and contemplating converting more fiat into UNO.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Rockchain hans't been picking up new blocks for 2 days now.  I found another one here http://bit.usr.sh:2750/chain/Unobtanium but it is down A LOT.

Anyone else here notice that if you use Private Internet Access (a sponsor of this site) while here, bct considers it a TOR IP and charges you bitcoin to "clear your name".  What a racket.

Yeah every so often abe crashes, and I have to restart the server. If anyone knows anything about setting up bitcoinjs please send me a pm.

The paper wallet images are completed:
http://imgur.com/a/AbUpz

But the website we had in the works had a very bad bug, and I would be pleased if someone could integrate my graphics in to a working website.
Activity: 1260

By the way, if someone would like to take a stab at better graphics (as I'm sure some are better graphic designers than I), there are 3 pngs. The banner at the top of the page, the unencrypted paper wallet and the bip38 encrypted wallet. If you create a png that has the same size but retains the QR code placement, public address string placement, private key string placement and their color and sizes I can update the site.

To be clear, I have no interest in removing the pointbiz BTC donate address. Credit is due there.

Check this thread.  There was a nice UNO Paper Wallet image that was proposed recently.  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4760912

That image came from Jacob and his team.  They actually improved on that design, which is an older one, but I guess they didn't release it or complete the wallet project.
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/

By the way, if someone would like to take a stab at better graphics (as I'm sure some are better graphic designers than I), there are 3 pngs. The banner at the top of the page, the unencrypted paper wallet and the bip38 encrypted wallet. If you create a png that has the same size but retains the QR code placement, public address string placement, private key string placement and their color and sizes I can update the site.

To be clear, I have no interest in removing the pointbiz BTC donate address. Credit is due there.

Check this thread.  There was a nice UNO Paper Wallet image that was proposed recently. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4760912
Activity: 299
Rockchain hans't been picking up new blocks for 2 days now.  I found another one here http://bit.usr.sh:2750/chain/Unobtanium but it is down A LOT.

Anyone else here notice that if you use Private Internet Access (a sponsor of this site) while here, bct considers it a TOR IP and charges you bitcoin to "clear your name".  What a racket.
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Thank you FallingKnife for making this thread.

Welcome back, man. Good to see you here. Thanks for the goodies.
Jump to: