Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread - page 4. (Read 202929 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Paid for a Coindesk machine from Bitmine.ch in Dezember 2013, no delivery till May 2014. Requested a refund ($5014), sent a lot of e-mails, no answer, no money, no Swiss punctuality... Another scam?..
Activity: 42
Hi there

I am a Swiss citizen and live about 1h 50 m away from bitmine, and what a coincidence, also waiting for my money since about 40 days...

I am currently gathering info and put them together, so that also our foreign person can prosecute them, there are little cost for the moment and we do not need a lawyer for the first steps.

It will take some time to gather the infos and forms in italian and write instructions in english on how to fill them out, where to send, what to pay and so on.

So, please stay tuned.

There is a bank holiday on Monday in Switzerland.

Greetz

Let me know of specific questions. I will try to answer them, I am not a layer, but know several.

Cheers !

Make sure you also contact [email protected] with your documents they are also preparing a special page on their website.
Activity: 1
Hi there

I am a Swiss citizen and live about 1h 50 m away from bitmine, and what a coincidence, also waiting for my money since about 40 days...

I am currently gathering info and put them together, so that also our foreign person can prosecute them, there are little cost for the moment and we do not need a lawyer for the first steps.

It will take some time to gather the infos and forms in italian and write instructions in english on how to fill them out, where to send, what to pay and so on.

So, please stay tuned.

There is a bank holiday on Monday in Switzerland.

Greetz

Let me know of specific questions. I will try to answer them, I am not a layer, but know several.

Cheers !
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
I've exchanged email with the local police. I suggest others do as well to ensure that the local police are aware of Bitmine and Giorgio. They might pay a visit to ask them why there are so many complaints coming in.

They advise to write to:

Ministry of Public
via Praetorian 16
6900 Lugano
Switzerland

With all documents and dates etc. (I assume in Italian, although I will include English as well)

So that's my next plan. I have lawyer contact, but would prefer not to spend just yet.

Activity: 9
Ok. what can we do right now? especially being foreign customers?
I feel that waiting just reduces my chances to get money from them.
Activity: 135
The police responsible for the Camorino Canton of Switzerland
are 'Polizia cantonale Camorino' and can be reached here :
[email protected]

Correspondence needs to be in the Italian language.

At the moment, they are still wondering why they should be concerned.

I doubt they will take action unless civil legal action reveals that money
has disappeared or it is shown that Bitmine is trading while insolvent.
For clarity I have no connection other than some correspondence with this site:
Check the Twitter feed of www.bitminerefund.com @ https://twitter.com/bitminerefund

I am happy to share any information that I have, and I *think* gpufreak is updating
his website to follow all legal proceedings.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Anyone visited their facility lately and/or having the same plans? For people who have visited their facility more recently, are they still located at this location?

Code:
Centro la Monda 2
6528 Camorino
Switzerland

I have been there in april. They were located at the given adress but changed there rooms inside the building. If I remember correctly, they are now on the first or second floor. It's just a door with a paper written "bitmine" with a pencil on it. Best way is to ask some people in the building where there rooms are currently...
It's said, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck"

To customers it does not matter if a Ponzi is by deliberate design or by incompetence, the
result is the same.

Here follows a brief look at Bitmine AG's business plan, beginning with their Terms of Sale:
http://bitmine.ch/online-terms-sale/

The terms were published in September 2013.

Note particularly this :
"4.5.3 After the 61st day of late shipment, you have the right to request a full refund and
we will pay you an additional penalty of 10% of the initial order amount, including shipping fees."

For the sake of arguement, if you placed an order with Bitmine with an expected delivery on
1st January 2014, and requested a refund on March 3rd, you should have a ten percent return on
your Investment on 2nd April.

The way Ponzi schemes work, the early investors get paid out handsomely.

Bitmine delivered some Desk units that may have been profitable investments, and refunded
some customers, the latest known repayments were on 21st May.

If you expected delivery of a Rig on 1st January, you will have watched as your expected
return on investment declined as Bitmine failed to complete their design and development
on time. At some point, the rational decision is to request a refund.

Bitmine's business plan is in two parts: a small engineering company, and a potentially
much larger "financial enterprise".  In September 2013 had Bitmine offered 20% per year
return on investments with the right to deliver mining equipment instead, most people
would run for the hills, but that is what you now see.

I suggest that there is a 99.999 percent probability that Bitmine will fail to make good on its
refunds because of that penalty. It is a contractual near certainty.

I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that Bitmine's Refund Request Form seeks to negate
the normal rights and remedies available to their customers even those provided by their
Terms of Sale. I suggest that you seek legal advice before signing and returning it.

Bitmine will ask for a copy of your ID and your bank details as part of your refund request.
Before you sign, ask yourself, do I want to give my bank details and my identity documentation
in the hope that these people are only incompetent? That is perhaps the most worrying part
of all this.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
WHERE IS MY MONEY? 20k Refund overdue 1 month!
Almost 20 phonecalls the last month and they kept telling the next few days.
Bitmine.ch is a SCAM.

+1
Activity: 258
WHERE IS MY MONEY? 20k Refund overdue 1 month!
Almost 20 phonecalls the last month and they kept telling the next few days.
Bitmine.ch is a SCAM.

It has become clear to me from the ongoing delays and the general lack of response from Bitmine,
that only legal action up to and including putting Bitmine into administration/bankruptcy will
motivate them to pay out.

I would welcome any advice from any Bitmine customers based in Switzerland on how to begin
proceedings - preferably without first getting the lawyers involved as that can come later
when Bitmine continues to fail to pay out.

There are plenty of potential others to join an action :

Check the Twitter feed of www.bitminerefund.com @ https://twitter.com/bitminerefund

Somebody just has to take the first step.
Activity: 246
Order #2977, ordered 23. november 2013, January week 5 batch #2.

I sended many mails with refundation request and I called but without reply.

Unserious Bitmine.ch for serious miners.

T

+1

+1
Activity: 294

T

+1
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

T

+1
Activity: 1

T
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
'All that glitters is not gold'
It seems that Bitmine.ch like to play with the nerves of the customers.
No sign of refund + penalities for my order #3876 from December 4, 2013 , delivery February week 3 batch #2
No sign of delivery of the Coincraft Desk + CPP  ..
Or Bitmine.ch just stole  my money ?
Hei, Bitmine.ch are you in the "silenzio stampa" ?

For everyone who filled a refund and got paid or is waiting for payment please list your refund claim at www.bitminerefund.com so we can build a list of open and paid refunds.
Hello guys,

I have been reading both the unofficial and official Bitmine thread. Lots of frustrations by unhappy customers. I'm trying to get my refund from this company for two orders, total ~ $ 50.000

I have been very patient, paid November 2013 but no rigs or any clear estimate is given by Bitmine. Their deadline of their "30 days" refund period is about to expire but no response for weeks now by either mail or phone (not being picked up).

I'm now planning to visit their facility and if needed file a local police report. Anyone visited their facility lately and/or having the same plans? For people who have visited their facility more recently, are they still located at this location?

Code:
Centro la Monda 2
6528 Camorino
Switzerland

Please send me a PM so we might join as a group.
Activity: 321
asking for a refund is legit but makes bitmine bankrupt. no miners, no money. no matter if you have a laywer.

your are right in everything. demanding things which are impossible right now is not legit. we know about the problems of bitmine since jannuary. there should be a learning process instead of growing hate. do you assume it as legit. no?

...not asking for a refund (or not getting it processed) might make customers bankrupt (at least those who invested more than would have been good for them)...
Those devices would - even if they were delivered in an instant - only mine a sh*t of BTC due to the hash rate we currently have and result in a heavy loss. Can you tell me why anyone should do that if the contract states very clearly under which circumstances a refund can be requested? Just for the cause of Bitmine?

First batch of orders was announced for end of last year or beginning of this year shipping at latest. This schedule wasn't met.
The orders were based on tech specs that aren't met.

Complaining because Bitmine doesn't deliver what customers have paid for is legit.
Complaining that Bitmine doesn't keep with the TOS and the CPP is legit.

Even people who order now based on what they still can read on the Bitmine home page, would be in the right position to complain.
The hate is not originated by the people but by the way Bitmine treats them.

It is for sure risky to invest in mining hardware. But if the company doesn't keep with the promises and the contract, this is for sure a legit reason to complain. No?
I don't understand why the customers alone should take that risk...
Pages:
Jump to: