Pages:
Author

Topic: URGENT, Bitcoin is on the verge of collapse !!! - page 40. (Read 67950 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Relax OP, If you are really worried sell your bitcoins now,put on your headphones and visit http://calm.com

Don't fucking spread panic.

I really like this post at first I thought it was a joke then I went to that website looks like a great meditation technique. Nature sounds along with beautiful backgrounds. Thanks was about to sell all my bitcoins for a second there.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
The Gox/Malleability thing has provided a short-term price drop that isn't reflected by the fundamantals

What fundamentals are you referring to?  This is a currency .. the price is determined by monetary velocity and speculation.  I'm not aware of anyone who has done a thorough job at estimating the non-speculated price of BTC.  That is, the price level maintained by the use of the currency to purchase goods.

You make a very good point.  The things I'm thinking of as fundamentals don't provide me with any easy way to measure their contribution to the whole.  But, I'm guessing, that's normal for such an immature market sector.

As far as "value provided by trade", I start by looking at the amount contributed to bank bottom lines by their VISA/Mastercard operations divided by the amount of money that the transfer each month via those operations, and multiplied by the ratio of credit card to bitcoin transaction fees.   Then I multiply that by the amount being transferred monthly according to the Blockchain.   That isn't much, but I'm also looking at expected growth, so yes I'm putting a higher speculative value on it.

Here is a list of reasons why I have "expected growth" in my calculations.  Admittedly it's hard to know exactly *how much* growth to expect, ie, what fraction of the market bitcoin will eventually capture.  But we can see the size of the market for money transfer at least, so there's a (very high) upper bound.

I consider Bitcoin acceptance at major retailers that have stockholders and file financial disclosure documents and quarterly reports to be a major "fundamental" in Bitcoin's value.  Mostly because I think that when overstock.com came out in its quarterlies and said it saved $2 million on transaction processing fees by using Bitcoin as opposed to credit card processing, that both verifies a value case and demonstrates its reality to the rest of the world.  People pay attention to that crap.

I consider the proliferation of Bitcoin ATM's (now in dozens of countries) to be a major "fundamental."  It means, at the very least, that the owners of these coffee shops, convenience stores, etc, are finding it worthwhile to devote floor space and electricity to bitcoin trade.

I'm encouraged by the recent (absolutely, bleakly, dismal) quarterly reports of Western Union, the leading money transmitter for remittances worldwide.  To the extent that WU shrinks, something has to take their place.  And relative to that, Bitcoin under a recent agreement is becoming a service available at 7-11 stores throughout Mexico, which is ridiculously good positioning for the remittance market that WU is increasingly failing to serve.

I'm also encouraged by recent legislation in the EU recognizing Bitcoin as a form of privately issued currency, and guidance from fiscal regulators in the US clarifying its position relative to the US tax code.  These both remove huge amounts of risk and uncertainty for companies dealing in bitcoin.   I'm relieved by FBI memos that explain Bitcoin in neutral terms rather than regarding it as evidence in itself of criminal intent.

I'm encouraged by the shutdowns of Silk Road 2, Sheep Market, etc, demonstrating to legislators, law enforcement and everybody else that bitcoin isn't some sort of magic that permits criminal organizations to operate with impunity.  If it were, then there'd be far more risk of it getting banned in most of the world's economic markets.

I'm encouraged by the BTCChina reopening and subsequent lack of arrests.  I cannot make any grammatical sense out of their laws, but it seems BTCChina is either engaged in a legal operation or is getting a pass on it.  It's very clear that Bankers can't trade Bitcoin in China, but that apparently isn't as much of a crippling factor as we thought when we were being pessimistic.

All of this has happened *since* the most recent high.   So I see the way getting more and more clear for Bitcoin to become mainstream, while everybody is distracted by FUDsters and short-term events like the Gox attack.  

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I don 't believe Bitcoin is just to collapse.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
That chart really says that ?

I already check my astrology map and isn't fit ... maybe something is wrong .. Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
Jimbo, is that you?

No, I'm an animal lover.

I'm probably closer to this:

Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Only the best is The be best...
igorr, fonzie, and other apocalypse preachers!

If bitcoin is going to collapse anyway, wouldn't be the best time for you to start looking, reading and spreading your great "visions" somewhere else, not on bitcointalk.org? I mean guys, if you are so sure that it will crash, then why care about it, and spending all your time looking at this forum? Smiley
I am glad that you both recognized the danger in investing in Bitcoin. I strongly advise you both to sell your 0.054 BTC each Smiley or whatever amount you have, leave the market and let the serious guys take over. Because you see, they are two type of persons in this forum:

1. Those who believes in bitcoin, sees the necessity of it. These people realize also the potential of it and therefor they will always search for SOLUTIONs to any problem Bitcoin might face in the future, not the reasons why it should be dumped. When solutions are in focus, and people's mind are set towards HOW CAN ONE MAKE something happen, as opposed to how can one invent excuses for running away, the energies, the vibes coming from these thoughts are so much more powerful that they will simply wipe your pity concerns. We, people who believe in bitcoin, and see its potential are VERY Happy that you (the others) panic, and run away. Have 30.000 more bitcoins from MtGOX, let them come to bitstamp. So what? They are over 12.000.000 BTC in our hands (believers). Do you really think that 30.000 will actually crash a rock solid foundation? It might drop the price for a moment, that's fine... and you know why is fine? Because the less non-believer, panic-making chickens are on the market, the smaller the chance for another drop in the future...

2. Those who pretend they don't believe in cryptocoins... I am saying pretend, BECAUSE if they really wouldn't care, wouldn't be wasting their time on bitcointalk.org? Wouldn't you igorr, fonzie and co? Smiley

Happy panic-making, I hope many will fall to your strategy.

Long live BTC!
Activity: 280
Jimbo, is that you?

legendary
Serious people, bulls, and hodlers please get out of this thread. It´s only about delusional fantasy in here. Thanks.

fixed
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Delusionals, bulls, and hodlers please get out of this thread. It´s only about serious discussion in here. Thanks.
Omg.  It's a goddamned tarp.

Is that a bear tarp?

Cheesy

LOL you win.  Oh man I spit up my coffee.
Activity: 378
Sorry, but I'm HODLING till I have enough to retire, and if that never happens, then oh well. C'est la vie!
You can't win if you don't play. Cashing out will get me nowhere, unless I can rebuy more at an even lower
price, but not worth the risk of losing the dream by being left behind.
legendary

Is that a bear tarp?

Cheesy
The Gox/Malleability thing has provided a short-term price drop that isn't reflected by the fundamantals

What fundamentals are you referring to?  This is a currency .. the price is determined by monetary velocity and speculation.  I'm not aware of anyone who has done a thorough job at estimating the non-speculated price of BTC.  That is, the price level maintained by the use of the currency to purchase goods.

Activity: 406
Where are the people that are saying, "If the price falls to 700 usd I will buy all bitcoin" Huh
Why they do not buy ?

Dude, I did.  I bought three times in the last week.  But I don't borrow money to buy, and I don't spend the grocery money I'm going to need in the next couple of months.  I expect to be up 100% from this low within 3 months, and that's -- a completely stunning level of profit compared to most trading commodities.  Still, you're probably looking for someone with deeper pockets than me if you want serious market support.

The Gox/Malleability thing has provided a short-term price drop that isn't reflected by the fundamantals, and I expect that downward pressure to go away when the software gets fixed and the Gox issue resolves itself (regardless of how the Gox issue resolves itself).  This is  a textbook case of a short-term market shock, and I'm riding it.

Now, there may be another shock if Gox declares bankruptcy, but that isn't a long-term problem either, so if it happens I'll just ride that one too.

Dude, good luck.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I just stopped reading some shit in this thread.

LAUGHED MY ASS OFF

I guess this igorr has missed the boat, and wants 2 make himself feel a bit better by speculating that BTC is dead.

Oh, the irony.

U have been burned and will lose more soon if you still have Bitcoin. You should get out as soon as possible. Igorr is totally right about everything.

LAUGHED MY ASS OFF

I guess this igorr has missed the boat, and wants 2 make himself feel a bit better by speculating that BTC is dead.

Oh, the irony.

Then please go from my threads.
igorr where do you expect the bottom? around 100$ or more likely between 20-50$?

I think until 1. May 2014 year, the price will be about 150-250 usd,
and do not exclude the possibility of 30-50 usd by the end of 2014 years.
Activity: 308

LAUGHED MY ASS OFF

Oh, the irony.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
Where are the people that are saying, "If the price falls to 700 usd I will buy all bitcoin" Huh
Why they do not buy ?

Dude, I did.  I bought three times in the last week.  But I don't borrow money to buy, and I don't spend the grocery money I'm going to need in the next couple of months.  I expect to be up 100% from this low within 3 months, and that's -- a completely stunning level of profit compared to most trading commodities.  Still, you're probably looking for someone with deeper pockets than me if you want serious market support.

The Gox/Malleability thing has provided a short-term price drop that isn't reflected by the fundamantals, and I expect that downward pressure to go away when the software gets fixed and the Gox issue resolves itself (regardless of how the Gox issue resolves itself).  This is  a textbook case of a short-term market shock, and I'm riding it.

Now, there may be another shock if Gox declares bankruptcy, but that isn't a long-term problem either, so if it happens I'll just ride that one too.

Pages:
Jump to: