Pages:
Author

Topic: U.S. Aircraft Strike ISIS Targets in Iraq - page 6. (Read 3769 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
August 11, 2014, 08:46:34 AM
are there any images of the air strikes, I saw this on many media outlet but no images were provided

There's live updates on the Guardian website: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/aug/11/iraq-crisis-us-air-strikes-help-kurds-retake-territory-live-updates

Also a video of the first airstrike here:  http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-watch-planes-bomb-isis-targets-iraq-video-1653972

The video is a nice catch, well I guess will have to wait till information are dis-classified
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
August 11, 2014, 08:37:30 AM
americans are like illnesses. They are always there but nobody wants them.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
August 11, 2014, 08:35:17 AM
Unsurprising, US military direct involvement was just a matter of time after the Iraqi Army turned tail and ran from a numerically inferior ISIS force. And given that we had a pretty large part in creating this mess, I can't say I take much issue with it vs. other military campaigns.

wise words...

although the people do not want to go back to Iraq.. this was a mess created by western governments and so we should clean it up.
I personally was deeply ashamed when my country went to war just because my prime minister had his head so firmly wedged up George w. bushes ass.

Saddam was a threat to the region but very little threat to the world... ISIS is much more of a threat both to the region and to the entire world.

Obama was warned that ISIS is very dangerous, but the smartest man in the world just blew it off by calling them 'JV". Obama has made lots of blunders, but this is one that's going to get lots of people killed. I used to think that I didn't want Obama to step down because that meant we'd have Joe Biden the idiot in charge, but now I think Biden might actually be better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 11, 2014, 08:34:07 AM
Unsurprising, US military direct involvement was just a matter of time after the Iraqi Army turned tail and ran from a numerically inferior ISIS force. And given that we had a pretty large part in creating this mess, I can't say I take much issue with it vs. other military campaigns.

wise words...

although the people do not want to go back to Iraq.. this was a mess created by western governments and so we should clean it up.
I personally was deeply ashamed when my country went to war just because my prime minister had his head so firmly wedged up George w. bushes ass.

Saddam was a threat to the region but very little threat to the world... ISIS is much more of a threat both to the region and to the entire world.

I guess it was part of the purpose of the Iraq war. Without war, there wouldn't be a war industry
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2014, 08:22:34 AM

wise words...

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
August 11, 2014, 08:20:14 AM
It's probably inevitable that they're going to go back into Iraq. These Isis tools are pretty brutal and unfortuantly need to be stopped. They're just slaughtering people.
legendary
Activity: 997
Merit: 1002
Gamdom.com
August 11, 2014, 08:07:28 AM
are there any images of the air strikes, I saw this on many media outlet but no images were provided

There's live updates on the Guardian website: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/aug/11/iraq-crisis-us-air-strikes-help-kurds-retake-territory-live-updates

Also a video of the first airstrike here:  http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-watch-planes-bomb-isis-targets-iraq-video-1653972

Activity: 448
August 11, 2014, 07:52:27 AM
Activity: 350
August 11, 2014, 07:33:10 AM
no pictures,here is the link were i read the news : http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/08/us-begins-air-strikes-iraq-isis
August 11, 2014, 07:03:37 AM
US airforce is now working side by side with Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Iraqi and Russians airforce targeting ISIS. I hope they will destroy ISIS for good.

They will not, force doesn't work at all, the only thing force could do, is lower ISIS capabilities which a good thing to do right now, but deal with ISIS you need to deal with the source of the problem, and the flow on new recruites coming mainly from devastated areas and people suffering and this should be the real long terms plan, doing just military action ill just strengthens Extrimism in general as proven in the last decade
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com
August 11, 2014, 06:45:18 AM
US airforce is now working side by side with Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Iraqi and Russians airforce targeting ISIS. I hope they will destroy ISIS for good.

August 11, 2014, 06:05:22 AM
Activity: 350
August 11, 2014, 05:27:56 AM
U.S. conducts airstrikes on ISIS militants in Iraq
By Tom Cohen and Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 1:28 PM EDT, Fri August 8, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- Two U.S. F/A-18 jet fighters bombed artillery of Sunni Islamic extremists in Iraq on Friday, escalating America's military involvement more than two years after President Barack Obama brought home forces from the country.

Obama authorized "targeted airstrikes" if needed to protect U.S. personnel from fighters with ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State. The U.S. military also could use airstrikes to prevent what officials warn could be a genocide of minority groups by the ISIS fighters.

Meanwhile, a senior Kurdish official told CNN that ISIS militants captured Iraq's largest hydroelectric dam, just north of Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city. According to the official, the militant fighters have been using U.S.-made weapons seized from the Iraqi army, including M1 Abrams tanks.

There had been conflicting reports about who controlled the dam on the Tigris River, with heavy fighting under way between ISIS fighters and Kurdish forces, known as Peshmerga. U.S. officials have warned that a failure of the dam would catastrophic, resulting in flooding all the way to Baghdad.

In other fighting, an Iraqi airstrike killed 45 ISIS fighters and injured 60 Friday in the northern town of Sinjar, the country's state-run National Media Center said.

Sinjar is the town that ISIS raided last weekend, causing members of the Yazidi minority there to flee into surrounding mountains without food, water or shelter and prompting concerns of a potential genocide.
Pages:
Jump to: