Pages:
Author

Topic: USD vs BTC - page 40. (Read 121137 times)

Activity: 806
Merit: 503
April 14, 2017, 08:27:05 AM
Though bitcoin is growing in any countries still USD is being used even more. USD is still been used in any countries because of its popularity, well known and easy to access. Thus, usd is still the main currency.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
April 14, 2017, 06:56:13 AM
is bitcoin more popular than US Dollar ?

Nope, to a person that uses technologies and love exploring internet maybe, but to a normal person that only work and work and work, usd is their obvious choice, your question can easily answer just by calculating employers vs bitcoin users, every employee that works oversees obviously uses dollar for their family so still usd is more popular, and in fact people are still not ready to adopt bitcoin as standard currency.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 14, 2017, 06:00:38 AM
Not at all.Base on the bitcoins age and usd have pretty far gap.USD is been there for a long time already like 50 years i think or even more and bitcoins is at its 8 years age if im not mistaken.So base on their ages you can answer you question.USD is alot and more and more popular on bitcoins.Bitcoins is just gaining popularity  by this days.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 14, 2017, 05:59:32 AM
Of course not, bitcoin is slowly gaining in popularity and usage but the UD dollar is the most used currency around the world and it is used for a lot of things so bitcoin is not even close to be able to match the US dollar and I don’t think bitcoin will be able to do it any time soon.
I also agree with you. Dollar will be a long time more popular than bitcoin, but the dollar is gradually losing ground. Look what number of bitcoins are already in circulation. All of this amount was in dollars. The process is already underway.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 14, 2017, 05:19:52 AM
If you were able to transfer apple shares between people like bitcoin and there are people that's accepting it as a payment method, then I guess that qualifies as a currency. In a way, the amount of bitcoin that we hold is just like a "share" on the amount of all the bitcoins in circulation. Just like fiat, the value of our fiat depends on how much fiat there is in your country

No, this doesn't qualify as a currency

You can transfer real apples (which you eat) just like you transfer banknotes and coins, but does it make apples into a currency (even if we assume that apples don't rot in a few days)? I guess it doesn't. To have properties required for circulating as a currency is evidently not enough to be a currency. What makes something into a currency is its universal use and acceptance as a means of payment for the exchange of goods and services. So even if you could transfer Apple shares just like you transfer bitcoins, that alone wouldn't make them into a currency (a money token). These shares should actually be used for transferring value to be rightfully called a currency. The word itself ("currency", i.e. circulation) tells it all
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
April 13, 2017, 10:53:43 PM
Of course not, bitcoin is slowly gaining in popularity and usage but the UD dollar is the most used currency around the world and it is used for a lot of things so bitcoin is not even close to be able to match the US dollar and I don’t think bitcoin will be able to do it any time soon.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
April 13, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
You don't get what say at all. I say people price their stuff with USD, not bitcoins. Did you ever buy anything which has a constant btc price? No. It's changing every second as the BTC/USD changes.

For example, this forum sells VIP accounts for 50btc for a very long time. They were doing it when btc's price was 0.1$, they still keep doing it now whn it is over 1k$. Maybe it was a sensible thing to buy VIP membership for 5-50$ back then, would you buy a VIP acc for 50 fckn K$ now? No you don't.

People price their stuff with USD not BTC. BTC is a technology which carries your FIAT over people at the moment nothing else. You may keep it and make money out of it doing so but it's not a currency. Nothing you say gonna change this.

Would you call APPLE shares "currency" if you were able to transfer them between people just like bitcoin? No, you wouldn't.

Kind of absurd to pay thousands of dollars for some text saying "Donator" or "VIP" that will appear below your username. The pricing should be updated, the price is for someone that bought bitcoins back in 2011. Even the guy that bought bitcoins in a cheap price will not even think about buying these tags today because of the current price of bitcoin.

If you were able to transfer apple shares between people like bitcoin and there are people that's accepting it as a payment method, then I guess that qualifies as a currency. In a way, the amount of bitcoin that we hold is just like a "share" on the amount of all the bitcoins in circulation. Just like fiat, the value of our fiat depends on how much fiat there is in your country.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 13, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Absolutely not. I think dollars are better than Bitcoins. No one can say what is the future of bitcoin but about dollars it will  be popular same as present. You will find more people that are new to Bitcoin and would like to learn what is it and  this currency is not accepted worldwide. On other hand, of course the U.S. Dollar is the most common and widely accepted.

dollar is a fiat currency and it  has its own importance but i think the importance of bitcoin can also be never ignore. bitcoin is now one of the most important part of our live and i think it now becoming difficult to even thing about the world without bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 13, 2017, 02:07:10 PM
bitcoin just my opinion compared to the US dollar is more dominant and more popular.
Wtf dude are you high. Bitcoin is more popular compared to dollars Grin. Bitcoin is a kind of currency who's price fluctuates while dollar like every other currency can be exchanged or used any where in the world without any sort of limitations. Bitcoin is what 6 years old dollars is more than 200 years old.

Bitcoin is not even a currency at this state. It is just a stock which you can freely transfer with other people through the internet. People don't sell stuff for bitcoins, they sell stuff for USD, they accept bitcoins because it is easy to send and receive bitcoins and they are very liquid assets. Most of the sellers convert their bitcoins into USD as soon as they receive them.
but to me i think bitcoin is already a currency because it can be use as for shopping online as well as in some place we can even use bitcoin as fiat in local shops for shopping.

We can use it for shopping, for money transfers or use it by exchanging to fiat currency so bitcoin has all the features like fiat currency has so its definitely a currency only the reality is that its less popular then USD at a moment but things will change in future for sure.

You don't get what say at all. I say people price their stuff with USD, not bitcoins. Did you ever buy anything which has a constant btc price? No. It's changing every second as the BTC/USD changes.

For example, this forum sells VIP accounts for 50btc for a very long time. They were doing it when btc's price was 0.1$, they still keep doing it now whn it is over 1k$. Maybe it was a sensible thing to buy VIP membership for 5-50$ back then, would you buy a VIP acc for 50 fckn K$ now? No you don't.

People price their stuff with USD not BTC. BTC is a technology which carries your FIAT over people at the moment nothing else. You may keep it and make money out of it doing so but it's not a currency. Nothing you say gonna change this.

Would you call APPLE shares "currency" if you were able to transfer them between people just like bitcoin? No, you wouldn't.
April 13, 2017, 09:39:02 AM
Absolutely not. I think dollars are better than Bitcoins. No one can say what is the future of bitcoin but about dollars it will  be popular same as present. You will find more people that are new to Bitcoin and would like to learn what is it and  this currency is not accepted worldwide. On other hand, of course the U.S. Dollar is the most common and widely accepted.

Right, I also disagree that Bitcoin can compare with Dollar. Dollar is more powerful fiat currency and whole world know about dollar very well. And bitcoin is newly crypto currency, and majority the people of the world don't know about any cyrpto currencies.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 12, 2017, 09:39:31 PM
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2017, 07:52:21 PM
bitcoin just my opinion compared to the US dollar is more dominant and more popular.
Wtf dude are you high. Bitcoin is more popular compared to dollars Grin. Bitcoin is a kind of currency who's price fluctuates while dollar like every other currency can be exchanged or used any where in the world without any sort of limitations. Bitcoin is what 6 years old dollars is more than 200 years old.

Bitcoin is not even a currency at this state. It is just a stock which you can freely transfer with other people through the internet. People don't sell stuff for bitcoins, they sell stuff for USD, they accept bitcoins because it is easy to send and receive bitcoins and they are very liquid assets. Most of the sellers convert their bitcoins into USD as soon as they receive them.
but to me i think bitcoin is already a currency because it can be use as for shopping online as well as in some place we can even use bitcoin as fiat in local shops for shopping.
yes i am agree with you and specially in modern countries where people have good knowledge about bitcoin and where they are using bitcoin as fiat currency.
Activity: 490
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
April 12, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

We can use it for shopping, for money transfers or use it by exchanging to fiat currency so bitcoin has all the features like fiat currency has so its definitely a currency only the reality is that its less popular then USD at a moment but things will change in future for sure.
April 12, 2017, 04:52:12 PM

legendary
April 12, 2017, 03:25:13 PM

Bitcoin is not even a currency at this state. It is just a stock which you can freely transfer with other people through the internet. People don't sell stuff for bitcoins, they sell stuff for USD, they accept bitcoins because it is easy to send and receive bitcoins and they are very liquid assets. Most of the sellers convert their bitcoins into USD as soon as they receive them

Though I agree that Bitcoin is not much of a currency right now, I still wouldn't call it a stock

It is more like a financial asset, the primary difference being that there is nothing behind Bitcoin apart from Bitcoin itself (in terms of a payment system). With stock, you have some company which may be producing some goods or providing specific services. You could claim that Bitcoin is a stock on Bitcoin, but that would be an obvious case of tautology, and this fact allows to see the real difference between Bitcoin as a financial asset and as a stock. Personally, I'm inclined to think that stock can hardly become a currency while a purely financial asset (like Bitcoin) is just one step from being exactly that. It just needs more stable price and ease of transaction
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 12, 2017, 02:48:08 PM

Activity: 672
April 12, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
legendary
April 12, 2017, 02:12:14 PM
Bitcoin is definitely more popular than US Dollar here on this forum and probably in some other places, but we have to understand that yet the vast majority of people know nothing about BTC. And that's a good thing in a way because thus Bitcoin has a potential, a potential to rise much more in the future when its popularity will be on the same level as of USD.

But the fact is that bitcoin is only popular on this forum and not in the real world so we can say that the popularity of bitcoin is limited and USD is more popular across the globe and its the most powerful currency of the world and I don't think that bitcoin can ever overtake USD in future

But does it really matter?

I mean if Bitcoin doesn't have as much popularity as the American dollar across countries. As I often say in such cases, the dollar is not the only pebble on the beach. There are over one hundred currencies around the world, after all. In other words, Bitcoin doesn't need to be the most popular coin out there ("the best guy on the block", so to speak). Being above average will likely suffice for all intents and purposes. Apart from that, Bitcoin popularity is only going to rise in the future (even the Russian Ministry of Finance is about to accept Bitcoin as a "financial product") but that cannot be said in regard to its competitors in the fiat world
Activity: 462
Only the best is The be best...
April 12, 2017, 06:05:04 AM
USD will always win the race in long run and bitcoin doesn't have that capability to replace usd in future as the user base of usd is huge and it is accepted at each and every corner of the world which is not happening with bitcoin at a moment and people will always use btc as a secondary currency.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
April 12, 2017, 04:44:33 AM

I would choose bitcoin of the US dollar
Pages:
Jump to: