Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanity Pool - vanity address generator pool - page 4. (Read 147183 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1
I have some questions

I 'm getting this:

Code:
./oclvanityminer: /usr/local/cuda-8.0/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./oclvanityminer)
Searching for pattern: "1BETBTCcom" Reward: 0.200000 Value: 0.000000 BTC/Gkey
Difficulty: 2938077882634386
Total value for current work: 0.000000 BTC/Gkey
[22.68 Mkey/s][total 48909778944][Prob 0.0%][50% in 2.8y]

- Is "no version information available" is just a warning or a serious error?
- Does the miner search only for the displayed pattern (ie 1BETBTCcom) or a pattern set?
- Can we use several miners (different computers) with the same credit address?

No version info available is just a warning; as you can see, it does searches for the hash regardless.

The miner only searches for the one pattern displayed (it choses the one it thinks being most profitable based on reward divided by difficulty).

You can use as many computers with the same credit address as you want; if one of them finds a solution it will submit it with that address. The computations are done "offline" with no shares sent to the upstream server, so it doesn't really knows how many miners are there until one of them finds a solution. (Well, technically they still request a list of available bounties from the server every once in a while, but it gives no indication to the pool of the speed and capacity of each client).
Activity: 800
Merit: 500
I have some questions

I 'm getting this:

Code:
./oclvanityminer: /usr/local/cuda-8.0/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./oclvanityminer)
Searching for pattern: "1BETBTCcom" Reward: 0.200000 Value: 0.000000 BTC/Gkey
Difficulty: 2938077882634386
Total value for current work: 0.000000 BTC/Gkey
[22.68 Mkey/s][total 48909778944][Prob 0.0%][50% in 2.8y]

- Is "no version information available" is just a warning or a serious error?
- Does the miner search only for the displayed pattern (ie 1BETBTCcom) or a pattern set?
- Can we use several miners (different computers) with the same credit address?

Activity: 6
Is there a functioning split-key vanity pool. There were two before but I can't seem to find the other legitimate one.

For the record, the pool in the first message of the topic is still alive and paying out rewards. I've successfully found a solution recently and got the reward, so feel free to post vanity requests. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Is there a functioning split-key vanity pool. There were two before but I can't seem to find the other legitimate one.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
t looks like someone is hammering my vanitypool-value API every 30 seconds with a Ruby script. The API is cached for 5 minutes, so you aren't actually gaining anything from pinging it so often. Would you please reduce the frequency to closer to 5 minutes?

The IP address of the requests starts is 82.

Thanks!
Activity: 48
Some personal text
Yeah, most of the requests that are currently in the pool have been there for quite some time and are very difficult. The rewards start to seem a little bit better now with the increased BTC price then what they were when first requested, but even then most of them are too difficult to be worth pursuing with the current rewards.

Yeah.  I've also noticed some characters are much, much harder by orders of magnitude to find than others; for instance prefix 1Satoshi ..., of course the 1's are much harder, and others with what looks like a comparable prefix i.e. 1 CAP (6x LC) are either harder or easier.  Not sure if I understand why.

Would anyone like to put small bounties on addresses such as:

1Bitcoin
1LoLcat
1LoLcats
1Miner
1BtcMinr
1[up to 7 valid chars]

?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
With the increased price of bitcoin and the fees on the network, it doesn't seem as many people are interested in vanity addresses. There are still some in the pool but the reward to challenge ratio doesn't make them that appealing.

So that's why the reward is only just above 1.5 BTC for the prefix "qwertyuio"?  Would have expected at least  0.5 BTC for prefixes of length >= 6 with difficulties well over 10,000,000,000.

Yeah, most of the requests that are currently in the pool have been there for quite some time and are very difficult. The rewards start to seem a little bit better now with the increased BTC price then what they were when first requested, but even then most of them are too difficult to be worth pursuing with the current rewards.
Some personal text
Are vanity addresses still a thing?  Could I make a few Satoshi generating addresses?  There are not many good bounties there and the amounts are a little low for the compute to try and find them.

Doesn't seem worth it, although if you already have the equipment...

I just generated 1hack...

Takes about a month for me to get to probability ~50% for generating interesting addresses like 1bitcoin[...] and 1satoshi[...]

You need to use OCLvanitygen and use a decent GPU to get better speeds if you are not already.

I figured that might be the case.  I'm getting a not so great 12Mkey/sec.

With the increased price of bitcoin and the fees on the network, it doesn't seem as many people are interested in vanity addresses. There are still some in the pool but the reward to challenge ratio doesn't make them that appealing.

So that's why the reward is only just above 1.5 BTC for the prefix "qwertyuio"?  Would have expected at least  0.5 BTC for prefixes of length >= 6 with difficulties well over 10,000,000,000.
legendary
Are vanity addresses still a thing?  Could I make a few Satoshi generating addresses?  There are not many good bounties there and the amounts are a little low for the compute to try and find them.

Takes about a month for me to get to probability ~50% for generating interesting addresses like 1bitcoin[...] and 1satoshi[...]

You need to use OCLvanitygen and use a decent GPU to get better speeds if you are not already.

Some personal text

Activity: 74
what  format data need
bits or bytes ?
legendary
i hv hardware rnd generator i can use it on vanitygen ? if i can how use it ? add rand bit's how seed ? Or what need do for vanity gen use my rnd bit's
my rng gen bit's entropy

Entropy = 7.999506 bits per byte.

Optimum compression would reduce the size
of this 333348 byte file by 0 percent.

Chi square distribution for 333348 samples is 227.67, and randomly
would exceed this value 89.00 percent of the times.

Arithmetic mean value of data bytes is 127.4296 (127.5 = random).
Monte Carlo value for Pi is 3.143309694 (error 0.05 percent).
Serial correlation coefficient is -0.001518 (totally uncorrelated = 0.0).

Vanitygen includes the -s option which allows you to seed the random number generator from a file on the system. If your hardware random number generator can be accessed via a file, you should be able to use it like this.

how work -s , it pick all bits how one seed , or how it pick them ?  How match it pick  bit's for 1 generation , i dont understand this
here is example of hardware gen numbers output. It's generate random bit's. But how vanitygen use them?
Code:
€1Я–‘}_яню	Ou&Ц[ЇFЕZy=/ыУХ
чEJiT!Ї@§ббХ¬[хџМ¶в'6’ш_­фУвэжaLюЦMМ0©l‹њ)¶ 4Nў8jљ–,ҐЛо—8Й»”ргBvз€fАc}РHЁё
bяd7НnДe§ h@Ш
ЃжЂ© §ґ±v њ№ђhіЁ=ЬT!k…¬ENАТs&ЛuЭБІгxґнcBчљвАяљ–Ю 0Џ$!AЫљ›©Uэg¶#H)r3шИРН'FUa і2ґ1bЯкАС¬E~ЬGI[}ћ3°Бы»РєKHї7:’›ЯКm0?2Ќ=нс7!аG5ДЮЛЧK‚-ҐtЦтЏ>Їє7 Љ@\ЉФјИбЌХ}”ч1©ц5R–M!QаlF¦щѕ[‹‚(Мez№,'С€ЃО‹‘z!ЦвН@Tущ„d`Ю‚ ‹Љ»ьЃЏ НЮгµЃ<
ЌG AЊK
¤·by`p®8ќ7™у@]љDїУШ05юc¶А¦О\%ЌQ
Ї2–> dLЮѓЙ™ќыЭ†O•џWi%@ИлАmДЙѓ7вU±с|1ЋЭ``aµ«‰І@#Ќ|Л.%ьРLPсцвўМ2K
К&”сY˜QA§ѓрS0ЋѕМщЧпt±Љ®^d\Nї©kмGEЌTЬдіqоЯїъyЫXЃВ}¦Т«ЊД]R‚†'ІЖ3
ЖЭТЖиzЯfИ˜1^ѕUЪµhS”ЃQ­А5њ жщ«°6ЛNЏў†мЄ$fшІXOє­0U¤ЩќuС%“д9л‡К
legendary
is it possible if private key can found with this vanity address generator?!?

That is the whole purpose of the program. It will provide you with a private key for an address with the pattern you provide.

If you are asking if it can find a private key for an entire specific address, then the answer is yes but it would take so long that there is no way you would be successful.
legendary
i hv hardware rnd generator i can use it on vanitygen ? if i can how use it ? add rand bit's how seed ? Or what need do for vanity gen use my rnd bit's
my rng gen bit's entropy

Vanitygen includes the -s option which allows you to seed the random number generator from a file on the system. If your hardware random number generator can be accessed via a file, you should be able to use it like this.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
is it possible if private key can found with this vanity address generator?!?
my rng gen bit's entropy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Good day!

I've seen this wallet address from the list of my referrals in a faucet, look at the last 3 character: 3GZLKxx7SgYkUXarSRNULxjxRQf4P3DAY3

I thought the addresses only starting in 1 can be generated for vanity address, isn't that a multi-sig address? If that is possible, how?

afaik before you base58encode it, instead of 0x00 at the beginning, you start with a 0x05 (prefix/version number)
this results in a leading 3 address
e.g.
05.payload.checksum -> base58encode -> 3.....
00.payload.checksum -> base58encode -> 1.....

Thanks for the explanation. But I'm still having trouble understanding codes regarding addresses.
Can I just do that using the vanity miner?

Yes it is possible.

Here's the command to generate a vanity address with the "3Love" prefix:

./vanitygen -F script 3Love
legendary
When will this be live?  Would like to get a vanity address asap.

It is already live and has been working for quite some time. You can use this to get a vanity address right now Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: