Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 101. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 256
Im using intel core i7, it took 4 days for me to generate 5 charaters of my own. I want to generate a new address, any suggestions how to make it faster ?
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I am going to try this out later on today.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Im new in linux and i cant find a guide on how to use oclvanity. Can someone please send a me a link? (I can use ./vanitygen -i 1Test   , for example, but i wish i could use my HD 7970 for the task... i hope it goes faster this way )
Couldn't find any guide in youtube either.

You can use it is same way. If you get any error, try to make a screenshot, upload and post here.

Kindly,
     MZ

When i folowed the guide about vanitygen, i did a command call "make". Im not sure if i have to do the same thing here. (also i read something about "opencl" ). Any idea of what im missing here? thanks for helping me.

http://subefotos.com/ver/?4cd0a58cf14385af6a8dbe6fc820c588o.png
EDIT: here is what happen when i try to "make" oclvanitygen
http://subefotos.com/ver/?1775edd33f715962a801d6feb1e8a9f7o.png

http://thumbs.subefotos.com/4cd0a58cf14385af6a8dbe6fc820c588o.jpg
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Im new in linux and i cant find a guide on how to use oclvanity. Can someone please send a me a link? (I can use ./vanitygen -i 1Test   , for example, but i wish i could use my HD 7970 for the task... i hope it goes faster this way )

You can use it is same way. If you get any error, try to make a screenshot, upload and post here.

Kindly,
     MZ
Activity: 30
Im new in linux and i cant find a guide on how to use oclvanity. Can someone please send a me a link? (I can use ./vanitygen -i 1Test   , for example, but i wish i could use my HD 7970 for the task... i hope it goes faster this way )
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
well, at least it's not complaining about a missing file anymore - progress ;)

But it says it can take minute, then nothing happens :/
It exits for some reason.
OMG. I just tried this out. It says compiling. This can take a minute or something.
Then it said Done! And then my computer crashed. It didn't turn on for 2 minutes and now the screens have no signal. Do you guys think my computer is destroyed?

Edit:
Connected screen to motherboard (bypassing Graphics Card)
Oh shit, my graphics card isn't being detected. FML. I'm going to I get into so much trouble. Fuck.
Ok rerunning Windows experience Index
Previous score: 7.6
New score: 5.6 OH SHIT IM FUCKED.

And what was the lowest score? Gaming Graphics. FROM AN R9 290X!

Edit 2:
Ok now I'm going to download Amd Catalyst Drivers again and install them. I hope this works.

Was I supposed to use oclvanityminer? Because I used oclvanitygen.
I am sorry for what has happened, but I can't be held responsible for that, you clearly have had some issues with your card(*cough* overheating *cough*).
Well I sent my card in to get repaired. It was under warranty so it's all good.
It came back today and I don't think I'll ever use this program unless it has R9 support. Which it didn't. (And I didn't know): <--bracket and a smiley face at the same time!!
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
I just tested http://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen (oclvanitygen64.exe) on Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB, got about 17 MKey/s. Works fine.

Device: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation (10de)
Driver: 340.52
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.1 CUDA
Max compute units: 5
Max workgroup size: 1024
Global memory: -2147483648
Max allocation: 536870912
OpenCL compiler flags: -DPRAGMA_UNROLL -cl-nv-verbose
Loading kernel binary 2e1a31891b123f797bad2de965a42f5f.oclbin
Grid size: 2560x2048
Modular inverse: 5120 threads, 1024 ops each
Using OpenCL prefix matcher
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
Love vanity addresses thanks except my hardware is bad so i generate them online

If you need one send me a message Cheesy
I can generate it without all the information thanks to the bitaddress process that you can send to me and I'm going to generate your address with my computer  Wink

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
Love vanity addresses thanks except my hardware is bad so i generate them online
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Yeah, I guess this needs to be updated with the latest hardware, that or the old software version should be maintained (or archived) or packaged or something. Those older driver's may get lost one of these days, or deleted from the official AMD servers.
Activity: 78
Merit: 12
Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer
This is a really useful piece of software, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
If I have an old scrypt miner with a r9 290 GPU, would that be usable to generate my address? If so, would this be magnitudes faster than using a intel quadcore with hyperthread?

Sorry for the basic question, just started dabbing into vanity addresses.

GPU address searching is done with oclvanitygen. ocl = OpenCL = computing on your video card. However, that newer GPU will have a finicky setup, requiring a specific driver version and a modded version of this program. You might search this entire thread and the "lifeboat" vanitygen thread to see if anybody has gotten that particular GPU working, to discover their settings.
Activity: 546
If I have an old scrypt miner with a r9 290 GPU, would that be usable to generate my address? If so, would this be magnitudes faster than using a intel quadcore with hyperthread?

Yes orders of magnitude faster, but as has come up many times here before, you'll probably need to use an older driver version.

Thanks for reply. Can you please point me to what page is appropriate to start reading this thread when it comes to newer R9 series GPU? Last I've tried, these GPU's can only backtrack to certain drivers.

I would also like to know this since over the last month I've gotten rid of most of my pre-R9 cards and sure enough it doesn't work on my 280x now.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

Yes orders of magnitude faster, but as has come up many times here before, you'll probably need to use an older driver version.

Thanks for reply. Can you please point me to what page is appropriate to start reading this thread when it comes to newer R9 series GPU? Last I've tried, these GPU's can only backtrack to certain drivers.

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

Activity: 4
Do any Mac OSX versions of vanitygen exist that are downloadable as binaries so we can execute them without having to compile from source?  (ideally, versions without embedded virii ;-)

if not, can someone who has compiled the mac version, make it available on dropbox or somewhere?

thanks

-- Jez

Vanitygen can be installed quite easily via Homebrew if you install this brew repository
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Do any Mac OSX versions of vanitygen exist that are downloadable as binaries so we can execute them without having to compile from source?  (ideally, versions without embedded virii ;-)

if not, can someone who has compiled the mac version, make it available on dropbox or somewhere?

thanks

-- Jez

I never got it working on mac after endless attempts, never found a binary either. I ended up installing linux and using that instead. You might be able to use a virtual machine if you don't want to dual boot.
Activity: 702

thanks

-- Jez
How can I make many vanity keys at once with the same patter? Like I want 200 addresses start with 1Abc .

Yes ofc u can Smiley . U can make like "infinite" amount of same starting addyes Cheesy

I mean without need to restart the program. I have to store them in a file or in SQL.

Ah that i don't think its possible u will need to hit up arrow to get same settings and start it again . And copy last key u got

use the -k for continues and the -o for storage
run vanitygen without any flags and it will display all the options.

Yes it will continue searching and write all the results to the file. If you want 200+ then keep the pattern real short.
Pages:
Jump to: