Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 96. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
quick question i cant find the answer in the post
is the command "-1" working?
whenever i found the privatekey, the terminal keeps looking for more and more...
i want to just recive the solution in the "-o" file i create, and the terminal to stop... or close in better case Smiley thanks

Working in mine.  Can you paste your command line so I can see how you are doing it?

Wait, I'm using oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)

Seems in the version oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012)

the -1 option is not implemented.

so i have to update my openSSL? i downloaded from here the vanity, because is in the post, so im think i have 0.22 version
i cant see the version.
who i update my openssl? is there a comand for that? sorry i ask to many questions but i really need the -1 option

edit: i checked i have the 1.0.1f version.
im using this comand line:  "env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./sdklib ./oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -1 1Nasty"   any mistake there?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
anybody know a way to load a huge wordlist into vanitygen and still use the -i function? currently the max i can do while using -i is around 4000 but i want to be able to do a lot more than that Smiley

The case-insensitive option unrolls the word into every possibility, so a word like

1siik

would become

1siik
1Siik
1siiK
1SiiK

A normal four-letter (without special characters like "i" which don't have an uppercase in Base58) would become sixteen possibilities; a six-letter would become 64 possibilities. If you have 512 eight-character words, it is actually a list of 128k words after all permutations, which becomes 1 megabyte.

The final list is also pre-processed to remove redundant matches (like your list has 1siik and 1siikfo) and invalid/too long strings. CPU vanitygen uses 2GB on my system while just processing a huge list of 8-14 character words, and dies about line 82K before it even starts generating, probably from running out of 32-bit process memory.

Even if you were to compile in 64 bit, you will likely hit GPU RAM limits, if that's not already your limiting factor.
legendary
Merit: 1012
Testing keyconv... everything goes good until I try to generate the final address with the privkey+part privkey... it just says unrecognized key format. Any workarounds?

The way it's setup is that it only combines WIF key's.
Not the ECSDA private key's.

Ok, thank you, I think I've got it working! Awesome job, very handy tool Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
Testing keyconv... everything goes good until I try to generate the final address with the privkey+part privkey... it just says unrecognized key format. Any workarounds?

The way it's setup is that it only combines WIF key's.
Not the ECSDA private key's.
legendary

I've used cross compile to generate the Windows binaries from Ubuntu.
This seems to work for keyconv, I'm still struggling with vanitygen itself.
I've put the binary in my repo at github, but since github doesn't support single file download,
the whole repo needs to be downloaded as zip.

This version of keyconv has the -X switch to support multiple cryptocoins.
It also supports combining compressed WIF format keys.

Right click the file you want to download and then click 'Save link as...' and then save the link with its extension if it isn't already there - mostly it will show automatically, for eg:- keyconv.c for keyconv. Wink

I think you meant Lifeboat's vanitygen. Try to download full zip or just do like I said above. Smiley

~~MZ~~
I checked the Lifeboat's download, but that one does not contain the keyconv utility.
I therefor mean my own version of keyconv Grin. @ https://github.com/kangaderoo/vanitygen

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
anybody know a way to load a huge wordlist into vanitygen and still use the -i function? currently the max i can do while using -i is around 4000 but i want to be able to do a lot more than that Smiley
legendary

Is this version of keyconv avaliable for windows anywhere?

Still haven't figured it out how to compile this for Windows, or where to download it already compiled... Can someone give a hand? Smiley

I've put the binary in my repo at github, but since github doesn't support single file download,

EPIC! Thank you, very handy Smiley already downloaded it, but I don't have access to my Windows machine right now, so I'll report back later about it Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

Still haven't figured it out how to compile this for Windows, or where to download it already compiled... Can someone give a hand? Smiley

Right click the file you want to download and then click 'Save link as...' and then save the link with its extension if it isn't already there - mostly it will show automatically, for eg:- keyconv.c for keyconv. Wink

I think you meant Lifeboat's vanitygen. Try to download full zip or just do like I said above. Smiley

~~MZ~~

legendary
Merit: 1036
whenever i found the privatekey, the terminal keeps looking for more and more...
i want to just recive the solution in the "-o" file i create, and the terminal to stop... or close in better case Smiley thanks
I don't know what option that would be. If you use the -k option (keep looking), it will keep looking.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
i think i downloaded de github that was posted, can you give me the link please?
(when i write "./oclvanitygen" i can see in the all the commands that apears the -1 , meaby it was written but not implemented )

Im not sure where i download it , how can i check the version? (Im very noob at linux as you can see Tongue )

Use --version to check version of any CLI program, here it is oclvanitygen --version. Smiley

Try to use Lifeboat's vanitygen - support compressed private keys : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/create-vanity-bitcoin-addresses-four-times-as-fast-301068

Edit :

You were faster. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~
legendary
i think i downloaded de github that was posted, can you give me the link please?
(when i write "./oclvanitygen" i can see in the all the commands that apears the -1 , meaby it was written but not implemented )

Im not sure where i download it , how can i check the version? (Im very noob at linux as you can see Tongue )

Well I'm using the windows binaries but in ver .22 I don't see the -1 optiong although the -k option (keep going) is there.  If I specify an output file and no other options, it terminates after one match.  In the version I use which I got here - http://lifeboat.com/ex/press.releases.bitcoins.hundred.thousand.dollars (link to vanitygen in the text) the -1 and the -k options exist and it you don't specify the -1 option it still stops after the first match. This is a windows binary as well.

legendary

Working in mine.  Can you paste your command line so I can see how you are doing it?

Wait, I'm using oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)

Seems in the version oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012)

the -1 option is not implemented.
legendary
Can't help much with compilation, but the official binaries are in the github repo, as mentioned in the first post:
Windows x86+x64 binaries here

See also:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6048543

Thanks, but I'm not looking for the original keyconv, as this only supports bitcoin keys, I'm looking for the one that supports keys for all coins.

Can't help much with compilation, but the official binaries are in the github repo, as mentioned in the first post:
Windows x86+x64 binaries here

See also:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6048543

Keyconv utility isn't compiled. It is just a c binary. Someone has to do this. I tried but I am failing to compile it. I used online services too. Sad

~~MZ~~

I know it isn't compiled; that's why I am asking if some has one, or can help me make one! Smiley Sucks to hear that it is troubling to make a compiled binary...

Oh, my mistake; could have sworn it was still in the package.
A binary of keyconv is available in the v0.19 download.

Still, this is the original one... :\

Meanwhile, while I can't figure out how to make keyconv work on Windows, I'm trying to figure out how this works... https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanitySum
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I spend several hours getting oclvanitygen working with AMD Radeon 7xxx on 64-bit Linux - Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04. In the end only the following is needed:

• Ubuntu drivers
  • vanitygen patch
  • 1 userspace library file from AMD APP SDK v2.7

I created a minimal instruction text file. Maybe this will save someone some hours of searching the internet.

https://nastyfans.org/download/oclvanitygen.txt

Cool

I had been having trouble getting oclvanitygen running again since migrating from Gentoo to Ubuntu (and getting it running on Gentoo was a bit of a hassle).  This got my 6870 back in the game. Thanks!
Activity: 4
Outstanding. I really liked it. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: