Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 103. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hey everyone.
I made a small batch file that you can use to mine your own address a little easier.

Its for the 64 bit version of vanitygen.

Here is the code:
Code:
@echo off
:start
echo     -----Deluxe Vanity Address Miner-----
echo     What would you like to VanityMine for?
set /p whatmine=

:invalid
cls
echo     -----Deluxe Vanity Address Miner-----
echo Would you like it Case Sensetive [S] or Case Insensitive [I]
set /p case=
if "%case%"=="S" goto sensemine
if "%case%"=="s" goto sensemine
if "%case%"=="I" goto insnsmine
if "%case%"=="i" goto insnsmine
echo Invalid Input!
goto invalid

rem ------------------------------------------
rem -------Mining Program--------

:insnsmine
cls
echo.
echo       -----Mining For %whatmine% [Case Insensitive] In Progress-----
echo.
vanitygen64.exe -i %whatmine%
goto endmine

:sensemine
cls
echo.
echo       -----Mining For %whatmine% [Case Sensitive] In Progress-----
echo.
vanitygen64.exe -r %whatmine%
goto endmine
rem   /\ Pointless but who cares?

:endmine
echo.
echo Quick! Copy your key Down! :)
pause>nul
echo.
set /p sure=Are your sure you you have copied your key down? [Y/n]
if "%sure%"=="Y" goto last
if "%sure%"=="y" goto last
goto endmine

:last
cls
echo Close this window unless you want to mine again.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Batch file made by e1ghtSpace
echo                       Donations Welcome - 1M4mg2eH14m8xepzFabFftd7YDTAY1ZexT
pause>nul
cls
goto start
Copy and past it into a batch file.
Make sure to put it in the same directory as vanitygen!
legendary
Crypto since 2014
well, at least it's not complaining about a missing file anymore - progress Wink

But it says it can take minute, then nothing happens :/
It exits for some reason.
OMG. I just tried this out. It says compiling. This can take a minute or something.
Then it said Done! And then my computer crashed. It didn't turn on for 2 minutes and now the screens have no signal. Do you guys think my computer is destroyed?

Edit:
Connected screen to motherboard (bypassing Graphics Card)
Oh shit, my graphics card isn't being detected. FML. I'm going to I get into so much trouble. Fuck.
Ok rerunning Windows experience Index
Previous score: 7.6
New score: 5.6 OH SHIT IM FUCKED.

And what was the lowest score? Gaming Graphics. FROM AN R9 290X!

Edit 2:
Ok now I'm going to download Amd Catalyst Drivers again and install them. I hope this works.

Was I supposed to use oclvanityminer? Because I used oclvanitygen.
I am sorry for what has happened, but I can't be held responsible for that, you clearly have had some issues with your card(*cough* overheating *cough*).
Yeah...
What do you mean by:
you clearly have had some issues with your card
I haven't really had this happen before.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
well, at least it's not complaining about a missing file anymore - progress Wink

OMG. I just tried this out. It says compiling. This can take a minute or something.
Then it said Done! And then my computer crashed. It didn't turn on for 2 minutes and now the screens have no signal. Do you guys think my computer is destroyed?

Edit:
Oh shit, my graphics card isn't being detected. FML. I'm going to I get into so much trouble. Fuck.

Edit 2:
Ok now I'm going to download Amd Catalyst Drivers again and install them. I hope this works.

I am sorry for what has happened, but I can't be held responsible for that, you clearly have had some issues with your card(*cough* overheating *cough*).
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
No idea about your card - but at least for this one: oclvanitygen is right.  oclvanityminer is what you would use in conjunction with a vanity mining 'pool'.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

Edit:

Edit 2:

Edit 3:
It didn't work. Apparently the same thing happened to a guy with GUIminer. He said that after a few days it was okay again.

legendary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

FUN > ROI
Try using cd to go to the path that contains oclvanitygen.exe first, then run oclvanitygen.exe.  It's probably using your "c:\Users\username\" as the working dir, and thus not seeing the file.

https://i.imgur.com/QL4Q3fn.png

Still no luck Sad
FUN > ROI
Try using cd to go to the path that contains oclvanitygen.exe first, then run oclvanitygen.exe.  It's probably using your "c:\Users\username\" as the working dir, and thus not seeing the file.
If you're using the binary that Remember remember the 5th of November shared via dropbox, it doesn't include the calc_addrs.cl file, you need to get that from the main vanitygen download zip.

I downloaded the windows(I'm on windows 8 )  version which comes with the calc-addrs
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
If you're using the binary that Remember remember the 5th of November shared via dropbox, it doesn't include the calc_addrs.cl file, you need to get that from the main vanitygen download zip.
legendary
That seems to have gotten the speed back up to what it was.

I still have the system crash if I run two instances of it with different video cards...any idea what is causing that?

I map one instance to -D 0:0 and one to -D 0:1 and still have a third un-used GPU in the system but the system crashes.
This sounds like a driver issue to me.

Running 14.4 Catalyst -- any suggestions on what to do differently? I must have misunderstood, I thought the driver issue was the problem your binaries were solving?
No, the problem being solved was this one

CPU hash: 62877214296428cff20ae302409afcabd66b05f1
GPU hash: 86c80e8df57566f7401c78c932b0862b13269b7e

The mismatch basically.

I still have the system crash if I run two instances of it with different video cards...any idea what is causing that?

I map one instance to -D 0:0 and one to -D 0:1 and still have a third un-used GPU in the system but the system crashes.

Running 14.4 Catalyst -- any suggestions on what to do differently? I must have misunderstood, I thought the driver issue was the problem your binaries were solving?
legendary

legendary
Alright, looks like user nonnakip was on the right path, it's the BFI INT patch that causes this problem. Try these binaries https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5genfs5ul4ryuw/OCLVanitygen.zip.

For an actual source code patch, find this

Code:
			//if (dvn && strstr(dvn, "cl_amd_media_ops"))
//quirks |= VG_OCL_AMD_BFI_INT;
and
Code:
		//if (drv && (strstr(drv, "1112") || strstr(drv, "1113")))
//quirks |= VG_OCL_CATALYST_WORKAROUND;

remove them and recompile.

Don't forget to remove old .oclbin files.
I spend several hours getting oclvanitygen working with AMD Radeon 7xxx on 64-bit Linux - Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04. In the end only the following is needed:

• Ubuntu drivers
  • vanitygen patch
  • 1 userspace library file from AMD APP SDK v2.7

I created a minimal instruction text file. Maybe this will save someone some hours of searching the internet.

https://nastyfans.org/download/oclvanitygen.txt
A similar patch for Windows exist, I've detailed it in my post above.

I've downloaded your patch and overwrote the files that were included in my oclvanitygen folder with those that were in your binary dropbox zip. I'm running a Windows 7 rig with 3x R9 280x with Catalyst 14.4 and it is hashing much slower now.

Previously I was using this command:

Code:
oclvanitygen64 -D 0:0 -k -v -o output.txt -F compressed 1RainMan

Now I'm running it with:

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -k -v -o output.txt 1Rainman

and am getting around 5.6 Mkeys/s on a r9 280x ... that's significantly slower than what I was getting before (around 15 Mkeys/s+).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hmm, now that I look at it, I don't think it's producing valid addresses. Try testing with an address say 1abc and see if the output starts with 1abc. Looks like Mr. Yu wasn't correct. But I wasn't paying attention myself.

Yep, you're right, trying to generate 1ABC spits out stuff like:

Address: 16qR3a1...
legendary
I spend several hours getting oclvanitygen working with AMD Radeon 7xxx on 64-bit Linux - Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04. In the end only the following is needed:

• Ubuntu drivers
  • vanitygen patch
  • 1 userspace library file from AMD APP SDK v2.7

I created a minimal instruction text file. Maybe this will save someone some hours of searching the internet.

https://nastyfans.org/download/oclvanitygen.txt
A similar patch for Windows exist, I've detailed it in my post above.

I've downloaded your patch and overwrote the files that were included in my oclvanitygen folder with those that were in your binary dropbox zip. I'm running a Windows 7 rig with 3x R9 280x with Catalyst 14.4 and it is hashing much slower now.

Previously I was using this command:

Code:
oclvanitygen64 -D 0:0 -k -v -o output.txt -F compressed 1RainMan

Now I'm running it with:

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -k -v -o output.txt 1Rainman

and am getting around 5.6 Mkeys/s on a r9 280x ... that's significantly slower than what I was getting before (around 15 Mkeys/s+).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hmm, now that I look at it, I don't think it's producing valid addresses. Try testing with an address say 1abc and see if the output starts with 1abc. Looks like Mr. Yu wasn't correct. But I wasn't paying attention myself.
Jump to: