Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 35. (Read 1152922 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11
Hey will you guys test my fork on some altcoins?

I've got 70+ altcoins lists on my vanitygen fork.  Also working up a vm soon to compile some windows binaries

https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

Not trying to spam, it just seemed to go unnoticed earlier.  I suppose because everyone wants windows binaries?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
It does seem like a very small issue though as that's not even a 1% increase in size.
Your math is off: from 225 to 257 bytes is over 14% increase. The percentage is even larger with more inputs and less outputs, and (as far as I know) it's the reason compressed addresses were introduced. For this reason, most wallets now use compressed addresses.

are there other differences like this in other 'normal' bitcoin addresses?
I don't think so.
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Clearly generating vanity addresses has zero affect on transaction fees.
I don't know if my question was unclear, I've changed my post a bit.

1 vanity input with 2 outputs: 257 bytes.
1 compressed input with 2 outputs: 225 bytes.

Doing the same with 11 inputs and 1 output gives a (relatively) larger difference, as inputs are larger than outputs.

Of course vanity addresses don't create larger transactions than "normal" addresses, that's not the point. The point is: compressed (input) addresses create smaller transactions, and if it would be possible to generate compressed vanity addresses, you could have the best of both worlds.

Ahh ok that makes a hell of a lot more sense. It does seem like a very small issue though as that's not even a 1% increase in size. At the risk of sounding like a newb, are there other differences like this in other 'normal' bitcoin addresses? If I generate 2 random addresses and they each have the same number of inputs I always assumed they would both be the same size in bytes.
legendary
Clearly generating vanity addresses has zero affect on transaction fees.
I don't know if my question was unclear, I've changed my post a bit.

Example:
1 vanity input with 2 outputs: 257 bytes.
1 compressed input with 2 outputs: 225 bytes.

Doing the same with 11 inputs and 1 output gives a (relatively) larger difference, as inputs are larger than outputs.

Of course vanity addresses don't create larger transactions than "normal" addresses, that's not the point. The point is: compressed (input) addresses create smaller inputs, and if it would be possible to generate compressed vanity addresses, you could have the best of both worlds.
legendary
Could someone direct me to where exactly this lifeboat vanitygen is? Can I download it from github or am I missing something? Also could you link me to where it's explained what is does/if it's different/why it's better? Googling just keeps coming up with reddit post after reddit post but no real information for me... Sorry for the newb questions rofl.

http://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen

It will start the download right away.

Thank you very much!

I recently transfered 11 inputs from a vanity addy, and it made me realize the transaction gets quite big, which requires higher fees. Using vanity addresses also adds to the already large number of unconfirmed transactions.

I just found out Lifeboat supports compressed keys, which is 15% faster (source: README in this zip) than regular keys! But it's specialized for AMD, and available for Windows only. So I can't use it.
The last version of vanitygen is 4 years old now. It would be very nice to see an update that includes compressed keys. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to chance the source myself. It might be a relatively small change to add compressed keys.
If generate a specific address make the transaction fees goes higher and add more time/user to unconfirmed transaction, then is it worth to do? As we should be fine with our random address right now as long as it works just like others and safely to transact through it. Maybe it will be cool to have your name at the address but consider the side effects of it. Well, I would like to see newest vanitygen than what left for 4 years.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay longer next time to learn a little bit. Clearly generating vanity addresses has zero affect on transaction fees.

You signature spammers crack me up...
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
I recently transfered 11 inputs from a vanity addy, and it made me realize the transaction gets quite big, which requires higher fees. Using vanity addresses also adds to the already large number of unconfirmed transactions.

I just found out Lifeboat supports compressed keys, which is 15% faster (source: README in this zip) than regular keys! But it's specialized for AMD, and available for Windows only. So I can't use it.
The last version of vanitygen is 4 years old now. It would be very nice to see an update that includes compressed keys. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to chance the source myself. It might be a relatively small change to add compressed keys.
If generate a specific address make the transaction fees goes higher and add more time/user to unconfirmed transaction, then is it worth to do? As we should be fine with our random address right now as long as it works just like others and safely to transact through it. Maybe it will be cool to have your name at the address but consider the side effects of it. Well, I would like to see newest vanitygen than what left for 4 years.

Vanity addresses do NOT contribute to higher fees.  In fact, there is absolutely no difference to the network when using a vanity address as it is just the same as any other Bitcoin address.  Don't spread FUD - especially when you don't even understand the concept!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

Its a different version ( Im not lifeboat nor samr7 just his build was solid and this should be too )
I forked it and made some changes add support for 70+ altcoins and manually merged pull requests defunct repos either added or ignored that i found important

easy ticker symbol flags

./oclvanitygen -C LBRY bTEST
oclvanitygen -C NMC Ntest
vanitygen -C LTC Ltest
etc...

if you do a kali linux build heres compile instructions

https://legacysecuritygroup.com/index.php/projects/recent/12-software/35-oclvanitygen-compiling-and-use

Try my samr7(lifeboat_) fork
I added support for over 50 altcoins too

Is that the OgNasty LifeBoat version I've been using for over a year, or is this a different lifeboat version?

any relation?

Code:
Name: samr7 u=20336 http://archive.is/PUQQy
Activity: 140
Position: Full Member
Date Registered: 09 June 2011, 08:59:48
Last Active: 25 October 2012, 01:59:55
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
Has anyone compiled oclvanitygen on Windows?

I can get it to compile but when I try to run it errors out:

Code:
D:\Downloads\vanitygen-master>oclvanitygen 1Jude
Difficulty: 4476342
      0 [main] oclvanitygen 16316 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to oclvanitygen.exe.stackdump

Stackdump:

Code:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=200428D8
eax=00000000 ebx=200426A8 ecx=20042714 edx=00000000 esi=6107CE80 edi=00000000
ebp=0065CC48 esp=0065C8B8 program=D:\Downloads\vanitygen-master\oclvanitygen.exe, pid 16316, thread main
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
0065CC48  200428D8 (00000002, 0065CC6C, 200280F0, 61007A6A)
0065CD18  61007ACF (00000000, 0065CD74, 61006B00, 00000000)
End of stack trace

I am almost certain it's because of the OpenCL implementation in Cygwin but I am not sure how to use an alternative.

Thanks,
Jude
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Is that the OgNasty LifeBoat version I've been using for over a year, or is this a different lifeboat version?

any relation?

Code:
Name: samr7 u=20336 http://archive.is/PUQQy
Activity: 140
Position: Full Member
Date Registered: 09 June 2011, 08:59:48
Last Active: 25 October 2012, 01:59:55
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I just tested http://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen (oclvanitygen64.exe) on Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB, got about 17 MKey/s. Works fine.

Device: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation (10de)
Driver: 340.52
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.1 CUDA
Max compute units: 5
Max workgroup size: 1024
Global memory: -2147483648
Max allocation: 536870912
OpenCL compiler flags: -DPRAGMA_UNROLL -cl-nv-verbose
Loading kernel binary 2e1a31891b123f797bad2de965a42f5f.oclbin
Grid size: 2560x2048
Modular inverse: 5120 threads, 1024 ops each
Using OpenCL prefix matcher

Have just picked up a GTX 750 Ti brand new dirt cheep to replace an overheating AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series card.  (one of two in the PC bought second hand) and can confirm am just scraping 17 MKeys/sec using the lifeboat / oclvanitygen64.exe

I spoke too soon, after about 24 hours I get this error:

Code:
Next match difficulty: 1660363320400 (1234 prefixes)
[16.68 Mkey/s][total 3590890455040][Prob 88.5%][90% in 3.9h]                   c
lWaitForEvents(NDRange,1): CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES
Device: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation (10de)
Driver: 353.62
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
Max compute units: 5
Max workgroup size: 1024
Global memory: -2147483648
Max allocation: 536870912
clEnqueueMapBuffer(0): CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE
ERROR: Could not map result buffer for slot 1

The most recent user to ask about this error https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg12460635;topicseen#msg12460635 was told to del the .oclbin (which I did), however, I upgraded the drivers from the ones on the install DVD after getting that error message, now it wants to recompile the kernel (and still crashes after 24 hours) every time I start it.

Am searching through previous posts...
legendary
I recently transfered 11 inputs from a vanity addy, and it made me realize the transaction gets quite big, which requires higher fees. Using vanity addresses instead of compressed addresses also adds more to the already large number of unconfirmed transactions.

I just found out Lifeboat supports compressed keys, which are 15% faster to find (source: README in this zip) than regular keys! But it's specialized for AMD, and available for Windows only. So I can't use it.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Could someone direct me to where exactly this lifeboat vanitygen is? Can I download it from github or am I missing something? Also could you link me to where it's explained what is does/if it's different/why it's better? Googling just keeps coming up with reddit post after reddit post but no real information for me... Sorry for the newb questions rofl.

http://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen

It will start the download right away.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
This is the error I'm getting:

__constant bignum bn_zero;
                  ^
error: constant address space qualified variables are required to be initialized
2 errors generated.

error: Clang front-end compilation failed!
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compiling CL to IR

I saw someone else having this issue and they mentioned that the following worked:
1. Open "calc_addrs.cl" with text editor.
2. Go to line 180 and change __constant bignum bn_zero; to __constant bignum bn_zero = { 0 };
3. Run with -S option enabled, otherwise it will throw out hashing mismatches instead of privkeys.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Does anyone know how to get OCLVanitygen to work with 2 r9 290x cards?  I am using the lifeboat version.  Everytime I try to run the .bat file that I created, it just opens, list the specs of the cards and just closes.   I tried to install the old catalyst v. 12.7 software as some suggested earlier in the thread, but it doesn't work at all.  For reference, I have the new crimson software installed.

Any help would be really appreciated.

What arguments are you passing to oclvanitygen? If you want to use multiple cards, you have to pass both device IDs with -D similar to the following:
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 1test

I used that line, but the screen just pops up and closes.  

Try opening up a command line prompt and running it so you can see the full output of the command. If you are in a recent version of Windows, you can shift + right click in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here" while in the folder containing oclvanitygen. This will allow you to view the full output and any errors that it may be showing.

This is the error I'm getting:

__constant bignum bn_zero;
                  ^
error: constant address space qualified variables are required to be initialized
2 errors generated.

error: Clang front-end compilation failed!
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compiling CL to IR

legendary
Does anyone know how to get OCLVanitygen to work with 2 r9 290x cards?  I am using the lifeboat version.  Everytime I try to run the .bat file that I created, it just opens, list the specs of the cards and just closes.   I tried to install the old catalyst v. 12.7 software as some suggested earlier in the thread, but it doesn't work at all.  For reference, I have the new crimson software installed.

What arguments are you passing to oclvanitygen? If you want to use multiple cards, you have to pass both device IDs with -D similar to the following:
Code:

Try opening up a command line prompt and running it so you can see the full output of the command. If you are in a recent version of Windows, you can shift + right click in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here" while in the folder containing oclvanitygen. This will allow you to view the full output and any errors that it may be showing.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Code:

legendary

Code:
Pages:
Jump to: