Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 36. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Does anyone know how to get OCLVanitygen to work with 2 r9 290x cards?  I am using the lifeboat version.  Everytime I try to run the .bat file that I created, it just opens, list the specs of the cards and just closes.   I tried to install the old catalyst v. 12.7 software as some suggested earlier in the thread, but it doesn't work at all.  For reference, I have the new crimson software installed.

Any help would be really appreciated.

What arguments are you passing to oclvanitygen? If you want to use multiple cards, you have to pass both device IDs with -D similar to the following:
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 1test

I used that line, but the screen just pops up and closes.  

Try opening up a command line prompt and running it so you can see the full output of the command. If you are in a recent version of Windows, you can shift + right click in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here" while in the folder containing oclvanitygen. This will allow you to view the full output and any errors that it may be showing.

This is the error I'm getting:

__constant bignum bn_zero;
                  ^
error: constant address space qualified variables are required to be initialized
2 errors generated.

error: Clang front-end compilation failed!
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compiling CL to IR

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
Does anyone know how to get OCLVanitygen to work with 2 r9 290x cards?  I am using the lifeboat version.  Everytime I try to run the .bat file that I created, it just opens, list the specs of the cards and just closes.   I tried to install the old catalyst v. 12.7 software as some suggested earlier in the thread, but it doesn't work at all.  For reference, I have the new crimson software installed.

What arguments are you passing to oclvanitygen? If you want to use multiple cards, you have to pass both device IDs with -D similar to the following:
Code:

Try opening up a command line prompt and running it so you can see the full output of the command. If you are in a recent version of Windows, you can shift + right click in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here" while in the folder containing oclvanitygen. This will allow you to view the full output and any errors that it may be showing.

Code:

legendary

Code:

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
I would recommend cryptoglance as it is free and the lay out is amazing.

https://cryptoglance.org

been using for a while now so if you have any questions pm me Smiley

vanitygen isn't a miner in the sense of mining blocks on the bitcoin network, but rather one that "mines" private keys, until you find one with the prefix you want or you stop it. CryptoGlance AFAIK doesn't support vanitygen, nor does it really need to as people don't make huge farms or even have a dedicated miner for vanitygen, since the need for vanity isn't a lot.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I just tested http://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen (oclvanitygen64.exe) on Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB, got about 17 MKey/s. Works fine.

Device: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation (10de)
Driver: 340.52
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.1 CUDA
Max compute units: 5
Max workgroup size: 1024
Global memory: -2147483648
Max allocation: 536870912
OpenCL compiler flags: -DPRAGMA_UNROLL -cl-nv-verbose
Loading kernel binary 2e1a31891b123f797bad2de965a42f5f.oclbin
Grid size: 2560x2048
Modular inverse: 5120 threads, 1024 ops each
Using OpenCL prefix matcher

Have just picked up a GTX 750 Ti brand new dirt cheep to replace an overheating AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series card.  (one of two in the PC bought second hand) and can confirm am just scraping 17 MKeys/sec using the lifeboat / oclvanitygen64.exe
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
So, does anyone else have/had an issue where olcvanitygen never finds a matching key, and just continues searching regardless of how easy the request is?

Yes, in regex mode with an invalid "prefix", which is to be expected.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
So, does anyone else have/had an issue where olcvanitygen never finds a matching key, and just continues searching regardless of how easy the request is?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
So I recently spend three hours or so generating a new vanitygen address on my Notebook that run on AMD graphic processing unit. Before it reaches 50% it show something like

Code:
Match idx: 0
CPU hash: [removed]
GPU hash: [removed]
Found delta: [removed] Start delta: [removed]

I Googled for this 'error' and it seem that this only happen when the GPU code do not match with the CPU code, hence not showing us the private key. The vanity address I was trying to generate was 1nTech.

I couldn't find a fix for this problem online - other than using my CPU to search. I followed an advice and generate short vanity address to see if this problem will occur or not, it does not occur and I manage to get the private key - for example 1111.

Anyone have any fix for this?

(I tried upgrading my AMD graphic processing unit but somehow my Windows have 'blinking' issue so I revert the upgrade.)

A while ago, OGNasty told us about https://lifeboat.com/oclvanitygen which will run with the latest radeon drivers.
Perhaps you could try that version instead.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
So I recently spend three hours or so generating a new vanitygen address on my Notebook that run on AMD graphic processing unit. Before it reaches 50% it show something like

Code:
Match idx: 0
CPU hash: [removed]
GPU hash: [removed]
Found delta: [removed] Start delta: [removed]

I Googled for this 'error' and it seem that this only happen when the GPU code do not match with the CPU code, hence not showing us the private key. The vanity address I was trying to generate was 1nTech.

I couldn't find a fix for this problem online - other than using my CPU to search. I followed an advice and generate short vanity address to see if this problem will occur or not, it does not occur and I manage to get the private key - for example 1111.

Anyone have any fix for this?

(I tried upgrading my AMD graphic processing unit but somehow my Windows have 'blinking' issue so I revert the upgrade.)
legendary
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Just wondering if there is anyway to disable the CPU checking when using GPUs on oclvanitygen.

It seems that any GPUs connected to a 1x PCIe slot run at 50% the speed compared to the main GPU thats connected to the 16x PCIe slot.

Seems like there is a bandwidth bottleneck creating the slowdown.

legendary
Yes it definitely adds to the random seed and definitely doesn't set it to some initial value. I've been searching for an easy way to mod it so it would search sequentially so I could get the 51st bit in that 32 BTC challenge thread.

By the way I launched a Vanity Generation Service at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-vanity-address-generation-service-free-promotion-1748422
Basically I offer free easy vanity generation and charge for harder to find vanities. So if you have a very slow CPU and want a basic vanity I can find it for you instead.

IF this post is considered spam, I apologize and will remove it.

legendary
I don't recommend using this option as the default seed should be secure and random enough and if you use this option to use a seed from a static file, someone else with the same seed could generate the private keys for the addresses you create.
Option -s uses a random file as extra input. If you search for the same prefix twice, you don't get the same result.

Are you sure its extra input and not replacing the RNG data that is normally used?

samr7 indicated the following in the initial post:
Nonetheless, if you feel the default RNG is unable to provide numbers that are sufficiently difficult to guess, vanitygen can be directed to seed the RNG from an external file using the -s option

That line seems to indicate its seeding entirely from the external file and not just using it as additional data.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I don't recommend using this option as the default seed should be secure and random enough and if you use this option to use a seed from a static file, someone else with the same seed could generate the private keys for the addresses you create.
Option -s uses a random file as extra input. If you search for the same prefix twice, you don't get the same result. You can easily test this for yourself, I just did, and got 4 different addys.
legendary
how it works in oclvanitygen?
-s      Seed random number generator from \n

This option is used to tell VanityGen to use a seed from the file you specify instead of its default seed ( which is from OpenSSL or /dev/urandom on Linux ).

I don't recommend using this option as the default seed should be secure and random enough and if you use this option to use a seed from a static file, someone else with the same seed could generate the private keys for the addresses you create. This feature is likely designed for if you have a hardware RNG device that you wish to use as a seed which I doubt many people have.
Activity: 45
how it works in oclvanitygen?
-s      Seed random number generator from \n
legendary

Seems like you need a specialized computer program to run through the possibilities for you but not Vanitygen.

Thanks for the info. Yes I understand I need some special software to do so, but there was a user "bdb" who modified vanitygen to make it go sequential and managed to get it to work.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13448822

I then patched the VanityGen code to solve the same problem.
This is only a very small mod.
- set the initial private key = 1, rather than random
- change the pattern matching [you could probably even use the existing one; but there is no need to convert to b58]

If its an easy modification then I would try it out. But I rather not start coding from the beginning. Afterall the reward is very small for so much work.
legendary
Merit: 7912
Anyone know what I need to modify to make the search start from a particular address and go up sequentially?

Basically I got a few GPUs that can no longer mine ETH and ZEC and for fun, I want to solve the 51th bit in the "32btc contest thread" located here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306983.0;all

I just need the search to start at 1,125,899,906,842,620  and end at 2,251,799,813,685,250.

Vanitygen isn't going to help you with that.  What you need to do is convert those to hexidecimal, generate the corresponding wallet import format private key and find the address.  Vanitygen randomly searches out addresses and compares them with your search parameters.

Code:
Take your decimal number.
I like this one: 1,125,899,906,842,623 because it converts to this

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 binary number

but you need to convert it to this

3FFFFFFFFFFFF hexadecimal number

then pad it with zeros to make it 64 characters

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003FFFFFFFFFFFF

now add 80 to the beginning (to make it a Bitcoin private key)

800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003FFFFFFFFFFFF (keep this one in mind for later)

Code:
hash it once (SHA256)

08260BC6AE17D00E40464A8EE0DA4C9FDAF1BEFC14C528CFC169798D868860DD

hash that result  (SHA256)

53FA3A525E44DEF51F9A0B6E910E6DCA51AB0A99E1756BB97BE32E01308390A0

Now take the first 4 bytes (this is the checksum) and add it to the end of the red number

800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003FFFFFFFFFFFF53FA3A52

convert that to Base58

5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nFAaVmEdoLi3nb9s
There you have the uncompressed wallet import format private key for your original decimal private key which gives you the public address of:

1JnSYv9ZQ4kLRANt4FgbGVYBPXCrpfek6P

Which is empty. (one down, many to go!)

Seems like you need a specialized computer program to run through the possibilities for you but not Vanitygen.

legendary
Anyone know what I need to modify to make the search start from a particular address and go up sequentially?

Basically I got a few GPUs that can no longer mine ETH and ZEC and for fun, I want to solve the 51th bit in the "32btc contest thread" located here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306983.0;all

I just need the search to start at 1,125,899,906,842,620  and end at 2,251,799,813,685,250.

Pages:
Jump to: