Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 59. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
How can i import private key to electrum
It is easy to import your Private keys to Electrum Wallet. Follow these :

Wallet > Private keys > Import

Type your key here and done !

But I cant see Import option ?
Why can't you see that? Its there only. Maybe your Electrum is not up-to-date. Here is the screenshot :

I will update it, thank you
I can't see it either, I think its because you chose at the beginning to have a seed.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Why can't you see that? Its there only. Maybe your Electrum is not up-to-date. Here is the screenshot :

I will update it, thank you
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
I'm not sure what's going on but anytime I try to do a split key vanity gen lately I get an error saying this:

Code:
-snip-
 -v -P -i 1addy 0413861F7353C032303D93A5574AA3872B73C79FC68D92BA8C891EB0926DEBC1
6DEBBD000E121B3CA9684B8C2C4FB2DCCD16D3F1E58D3597AF23F693DB894B2C35
Invalid base pubkey

I've done this 100x before and never had an issue. If I just try to generate an address it works fine. It's only when I try to generate a split key it doesn't work for me anymore. I thought maybe the case insensitivity or the verbose output was causing the issue but taking them out doesn't help the situation either.

What happened?! Lol. Like I said, I've done this 100x before and never had an issue. I've generated a lot of new addresses thinking the first one I tried must have had a problem but to no avail...

You simply need to put the part public key directly after the -P switch.

edit - You should probably put the addy at the end too ie.
Code:
-v -i -P 0413861F7353C032303D93A5574AA3872B73C79FC68D92BA8C891EB0926DEBC16DEBBD000E121B3CA9684B8C2C4FB2DCCD16D3F1E58D3597AF23F693DB894B2C35 1addy
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
I'm not sure what's going on but anytime I try to do a split key vanity gen lately I get an error saying this:

Code:
-snip-
 -v -P -i 1addy 0413861F7353C032303D93A5574AA3872B73C79FC68D92BA8C891EB0926DEBC1
6DEBBD000E121B3CA9684B8C2C4FB2DCCD16D3F1E58D3597AF23F693DB894B2C35
Invalid base pubkey

I've done this 100x before and never had an issue. If I just try to generate an address it works fine. It's only when I try to generate a split key it doesn't work for me anymore. I thought maybe the case insensitivity or the verbose output was causing the issue but taking them out doesn't help the situation either.

What happened?! Lol. Like I said, I've done this 100x before and never had an issue. I've generated a lot of new addresses thinking the first one I tried must have had a problem but to no avail...
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
snip
Looks awesome,  I'm going to try it,  but it will likely not be able to get ~10 characters in a row.  Still thank you!
There was no need to quote that entire post when a simple link would have sufficed. 
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
Trader
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Did a quick scan for optimized setting for oclvanitygen (worksize).  New box with a 980 and getting 62M Key/s now and didn't know how much better I could go...

TIA!

I've never looked into the worksize side of things, have just started it up and let it run.  I don't think I can get much more out of my cards.  62MKyes/s is impressive though.

On my desktop it lags badly.  Reminds me of GPU mining days but there were switches to pass on the command line to decrease the intensity...

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Did a quick scan for optimized setting for oclvanitygen (worksize).  New box with a 980 and getting 62M Key/s now and didn't know how much better I could go...

TIA!

I've never looked into the worksize side of things, have just started it up and let it run.  I don't think I can get much more out of my cards.  62MKyes/s is impressive though.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

TIA!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
If I had more time or much faster computational power I'd go ahead and help other people or generate a full "1actmyname" prefix. (But even the non-case-sensitive of that takes 100+ days at my current speed)
I need 11 days for 50% chance for "1actmyname -i". Are you running on a fast CPU, or on a very slow GPU? If you use a fast CPU now, it may be possible to switch to your video card and get much more speed out of it (for me it added approximately 1 character in the same time).

Out of curiousity: what if the vanity pool finds the required address, but adds something bad behind it? Just bad luck for the person who bought the address? My search for 1faucets" ended up with an additional "uck" behind it. If someone pays good money for an address, they won't like it.

Code:
1actmyname -i

would take me about ~ 2 days to reach 50% with a part public key

Code:
-i Difficulty: 11,285,585,616,889
Case Sensitive Difficulty: 173,346,595,075,428,786

ON Shorena's Bitcoin Vanity Addresses! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-vanity-addresses-1257817 page

|   -example-   |   1Qdefghij   |   Y   |   1,506,418,547,304   |   0.0167 BTC   |   
|   lihuajkl   |   1lihuajkl   |   Y   |   1,583,016,100,557   |   0.0165 BTC   |
|   -example-   |   1Tdefghij   |   Y   |   23,349,487,483,220   |   0.2337 BTC   |
|   -example-   |   1abcdefg   |   N   |   51,529,903,411,245   |   0.495 BTC

So, somewhere over the rainbow this'd cost ~ BTC 0.12 (or there abouts) for a case insensitive.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If I have the "1" eg "1name" will the -r look just at the front?
With -r there is no reason for adding the 1, unless you want to. The -r option reduced the speed to less than 100kkeys/s here, about two thirds off.

I have considered searching for somethhing short (say 1Hi), and after this doing a second search through the output-file. Unfortunately, oclvanitygen says I can better use CPU for short strings. I did indeed notice it takes about 1 second for an ocl-search to start, so I can't just output a lot of keys this way. On CPU it finds about 200 per second, if that would be 25 times more on GPU, I could do a regex-search on only the keys starting with 1Hi at 5kkeys/s. But it doesn't work that way, I'm just curious why.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
I wonder if you guys are just using different versions of the software.  Perhaps the filtering was added recently?

I'm using oclvanitygen64 and there doesn't appear to be a

Code:
-r

switch.

Yep, the GPU version cant do regex. Not sure why. Try

Code:
vanitygen64 -r test

I just reread the last couple of pages - I didn't know about this feature - I'd use it for middle or especially end of addresses, but the GPU cards can kept doing the front prefix.

Nope.

Code:
>vanitygen64.exe -r -k 1name
Pattern: 1name
Address: 1CKNZnaZa2p42woa11name5Deo8WSMnUXa
Privkey: 5K7hoViAWPeqcupUFM4PyyNvxQQKaiLfNcTcqxt63wWFe69ai3M
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I wonder if you guys are just using different versions of the software.  Perhaps the filtering was added recently?

I'm using oclvanitygen64 and there doesn't appear to be a

Code:
-r

switch.

Yep, the GPU version cant do regex. Not sure why. Try

Code:
vanitygen64 -r test

I just reread the last couple of pages - I didn't know about this feature - I'd use it for middle or especially end of addresses, but the GPU cards can kept doing the front prefix.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If I had more time or much faster computational power I'd go ahead and help other people or generate a full "1actmyname" prefix. (But even the non-case-sensitive of that takes 100+ days at my current speed)
I need 11 days for 50% chance for "1actmyname -i". Are you running on a fast CPU, or on a very slow GPU? If you use a fast CPU now, it may be possible to switch to your video card and get much more speed out of it (for me it added approximately 1 character in the same time).

Out of curiousity: what if the vanity pool finds the required address, but adds something bad behind it? Just bad luck for the person who bought the address? My search for 1faucets" ended up with an additional "uck" behind it. If someone pays good money for an address, they won't like it.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
Haha, I managed to get lucky on this.

Generated 1ActBTCi5XUMjqnyFxVWgSfE5xWicj8g3o when I was trying to find a non-case-sensitive prefix of "actbtc". It was my first try of that result, in under 10 minutes. Thanks greatly for making this.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
you needed root to load the nvidia_uvm kernel module. with the nvidia-modprobe package installed, you can load the kernel module as user too or rather, it gets auto loaded.
I skipped this part of your previous comment since I got it working, but it sounds like an improvement.
When I google it, it simply says to `apt-get install nvidia-modprobe`, but it doesn't exist on my system. I now know it's something I should still fix, but for now I'm happy I can use it Cheesy
well, then you can either load the module yourself with modprobe, or run any OpenCL application with root and quit it again to load the module.
Code:
$ sudo modprobe nvidia_uvm
if you get any ohter issues, just drop a post or send me a private message.
Pages:
Jump to: