Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 63. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Anyone got this to work with ASIC btc-guild block erupter? Its the only bitcoiner miner I have LOL.

ASIC chips are incapable of solving ESDA curves.
In simpler terms, you can only find your vanity address via your CPU (slower) or GPU (faster).

Anyways can anyone help me finding the correct snippet for generating a vanity address for BTCU (Bitcoin Ultra)?
It starts with 'B' btw.

Try 25 or 26.  Both should give the B but you might want to test an address first to see which one works.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Anyone got this to work with ASIC btc-guild block erupter? Its the only bitcoiner miner I have LOL.

ASIC chips are incapable of solving ESDA curves.
In simpler terms, you can only find your vanity address via your CPU (slower) or GPU (faster).

Anyways can anyone help me finding the correct snippet for generating a vanity address for BTCU (Bitcoin Ultra)?
It starts with 'B' btw.
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
This isn't mining software, and ASICs won't work for this. This is not the application that ASICs are designed for.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Any one know what to type to get the oclvanityminer64 actually compute the private keys? I typed the command I'd usually do for vanitygen64, but it did nothing... Is there any software to install? Tbh, there isn't an obvious "Download me!" button in the ocl website.

Sorry if this was already brought up and solved before, but I'd prefer not to dig up 120 pages Tongue.

I think you will find the answer to your problem here

It will be considerably faster than vanitygen64 with the one limitation being you can't do regex matching only prefix matching.
I have never heard of anyone using the OCL version only for pool mining.  When you are trying to find very difficult prefixes, faster is always better.  Use the OCL version!

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
Any one know what to type to get the oclvanityminer64 actually compute the private keys? I typed the command I'd usually do for vanitygen64, but it did nothing... Is there any software to install? Tbh, there isn't an obvious "Download me!" button in the ocl website.

Sorry if this was already brought up and solved before, but I'd prefer not to dig up 120 pages Tongue.
If you are mining to the pool then oclvanityminer would be for that, but you should stick to vanitygen if computing keys for yourself.

But here's the quote from OP

How do I participate in vanity pool?

To do this, use the oclvanityminer program.  Oclvanityminer works much like a familiar bitcoin miner.  It connects to a bounty server, downloads a list of bounties, automatically chooses one, searches for a match, and submits the results back to the server when one is found.  Oclvanityminer periodically reconnects to the bounty server to check if bounties have been claimed, or more profitable bounties have been posted.  An example session:

Code:
$ ./oclvanityminer -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a 1samr7UZxtC6MEAFHqr1h3Kq453xJJbe4
Searching for pattern: "1satoshi" Reward: 0.100000 Value: 0.000007 BTC/MkeyHr
Difficulty: 51529903411245
Searching for pattern: "1Satoshi" Reward: 0.100000 Value: 0.000007 BTC/MkeyHr
Next match difficulty: 25764951705622 (2 prefixes)
[6.14 Mkey/s][total 62914560][Prob 0.0%][50% in 33.6d]

Note that vanitypool and oclvanityminer are currently under development.

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
This "Poloniex Matthew" character you guys are replying to is apparently some troll who is just going from thread-to-thread and re-posting previous comments in the same thread literally word-for-word.  Look at his post history and you will see.  Don't waste your time replying to him.

Ah thank you. I was mobile and did not notice his history. Reported as spam.
legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077
This "Poloniex Matthew" character you guys are replying to is apparently some troll who is just going from thread-to-thread and re-posting previous comments in the same thread literally word-for-word.  Look at his post history and you will see.  Don't waste your time replying to him.
I'd like to see  this done in such a way that one could have their address generated elsewhere, peerhpas even paying for it as a service, without the third party gaining access to the private key. There was some discussion about it, and it's certainly possible, but it seems to require code changes which are beyond my level of C...

So if you are not familiar with the generator and want somebody else to generate your desired vanity for you without any need to trust that person then you can follow these steps:

1. Click here and randomly move your mouse until it reaches 100%

2. Click on "Vanity Wallet" tab and then click "Generate" button where you can see this written -- Step 1 - Generate your "Step1 Key Pair"

3. You will see something like this popping up soon after clicking generate--

Lol! Thanks for pointing it out.
legendary
I'd like to see  this done in such a way that one could have their address generated elsewhere, peerhpas even paying for it as a service, without the third party gaining access to the private key. There was some discussion about it, and it's certainly possible, but it seems to require code changes which are beyond my level of C...

Shorena already offers this as a service, it is called split-key vanity generation. The steps are outlined in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Can anyone help me telling how to create a vanity address for altcoins?
Since each alt-coin has its own first character, there are some random prefix needed to enter.

For example;

vanitygen64.exe -X 48 LTC - Litecoin

vanitygen64.exe -X 55 -k PWn3d - Peercoin

vanitygen64.exe -X 30 -o hole.txt DBone - Dogecoin

vanitygen64.exe -X 71 -i Vertical - Vertcoin

So how do I calculate these random prefix?

http://btpp.jampa.eu/get_coin_version/?address=

Add an address of the coin you wish to calculate the prefix's Base58 in front of address= on that link and you have the coin version number.
legendary
Since each alt-coin has its own first character, there are some random prefix needed to enter.

For example;

You only need to calculate the Base58 number that corresponds to the prefix. This may help you: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

For example;

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
well it shows you the difficulty of the string you are searching for.. the results are random of course but probabilities are etched in stone.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Vantigygen is a very interesting tool, not sure if we could compile data to compare how long it took to find certain strings etc.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
I'd like to see  this done in such a way that one could have their address generated elsewhere, peerhpas even paying for it as a service, without the third party gaining access to the private key. There was some discussion about it, and it's certainly possible, but it seems to require code changes which are beyond my level of C...

Its possible right now. You can provide me a public key. I feed that into vanitygen with the -P flag; send you the partial(!) private key when Im done. You combine both private keys and have a private key that I have no knowledge off.
Shorena just out of curiosity, how many MKeys do you get? Because I know you generate for a lot of people.

30-37Mkey/s. 30M with -S and 37M without.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie

Its possible right now. You can provide me a public key. I feed that into vanitygen with the -P flag; send you the partial(!) private key when Im done. You combine both private keys and have a private key that I have no knowledge off.
Shorena just out of curiosity, how many MKeys do you get? Because I know you generate for a lot of people.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: