Pages:
Author

Topic: VanitySearch (Yet another address prefix finder) - page 2. (Read 30952 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...
If only someone had made a system like nicehash for vanity wallet generation. I'd give the source code to anyone capable and willing to maintain and redeploy the service. (I'd prefer it be someone I know or know of)

In your experience/opinion, what all would it take?
Activity: 1423
Merit: 504
If only someone had made a system like nicehash for vanity wallet generation. I'd give the source code to anyone capable and willing to maintain and redeploy the service. (I'd prefer it be someone I know or know of)

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
Besides, @Synchronice never mention keyword ASIC or SHA-256.

Since we are in the Bitcoin forum and not in a Shitcoin subforum, we are talking about BTC and therefore SHA-256. And the thread here is called VanitySearch and it is very much about Bitcoin address generation.

I would agree if @Synchronice ask about mining. But address generation not only use SHA-256, but also RIPEMD-160, ECDSA and other operation depending on which address type you want to generate.

It's not about mining, it's all related to Bitcoin Vanity address generation
Does anybody have or had a GPU mining rig? And I wonder if any of you with lots of hashing power had tried to generate a Vanity bitcoin address via VanitySearch? I'm talking about those who have at least tens of GPUs or in the best case, hundreds of them. I also wonder if any of you have tried to generate a Vanity address by using powerful AWS servers? Is it possible to direct hashrates rented on Nicehash to generate a vanity Bitcoin address? I know my sentences are full of questions but I'm really curious. If you have tried none of them above, at least what's the longest Vanity address that you have generated?

All answers have been tailored to his questions and that's why I also pointed out to the fact that Nicehash cannot provide a solution to his needs (because of the mentioned other algorithms involved but also to the fact that he cannot rent a free-for-use GPU arch on NH).
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 7333
Crypto Swap Exchange

Since we are in the Bitcoin forum and not in a Shitcoin subforum, we are talking about BTC and therefore SHA-256. And the thread here is called VanitySearch and it is very much about Bitcoin address generation.

I would agree if @Synchronice ask about mining. But address generation not only use SHA-256, but also RIPEMD-160, ECDSA and other operation depending on which address type you want to generate.
Bitcoin g33k
Give me remarks when (if) you'll (ever) become a moderator. Don't call yourself we because you don't represent other people.

I wonder how I should interpret your cognitive dissonance. Those were your words and I gave you a helpful answer in that context.
And the fact that we are on Bitcointalk doesn't mean we are automatically talking about SHA-256. For sure, we ...
puzzled

That's not a right way to talk.
I agree with you. I took the trouble to answer your questions and you're throwing stones in a glass house. Now I'm totally confused.

Finish line

dito

Activity: 784
Merit: 733
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
Why do you have to use word Shitcoin instead of altcoins?
I don't have to, but I do because it reflects my opinion.
Simply, altcoins doesn't mean shitcoins. There are alternative coins like Monero that aren't shit. It's wrong to call shitcoin to alternatives. But okay, that's your opinion.

Oh yes, we do. You're posting under Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Development & Technical Discussion so please stick to the forum rules.

In case you want to talk about shitcoins please stick to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
Give me remarks when (if) you'll (ever) become a moderator. Don't call yourself we because you don't represent other people.

Glad you got helpful answers and solved the mystery Smiley
That's not a right way to talk.

Finish line

Bitcoin g33k
Why do you have to use word Shitcoin instead of altcoins?
I don't have to, but I do because it reflects my opinion.

And the fact that we are on Bitcointalk doesn't mean we are automatically talking about SHA-256.
Oh yes, we do. You're posting under Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Development & Technical Discussion so please stick to the forum rules.

In case you want to talk about shitcoins please stick to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

My question was, since people rent their GPUs on Nicehash, if it was possible to hire those hashes to do whatever you want with them. I already have an answer to the question, thank everyone.
Glad you got helpful answers and solved the mystery Smiley

Why do you have to use word Shitcoin instead of altcoins? And the fact that we are on Bitcointalk doesn't mean we are automatically talking about SHA-256. For sure, we can't use ASICs for anything other than what they were created for because the abbreviation itself means application-specific integrated circuit, so, that's clear for everyone. My question was, since people rent their GPUs on Nicehash, if it was possible to hire those hashes to do whatever you want with them. I already have an answer to the question, thank everyone.
Bitcoin g33k
You should re-visit NiceHash,
1. This page shows you can mine with ASIC, GPU or CPU, https://www.nicehash.com/mining-hardware.
2. This page shows various hashrate you can buy, https://www.nicehash.com/pricing. For example, RandomXmonero can't be mined with ASIC.
Yes, I'm aware of that, that's why I said this:
Although there are certain hash algorithms that allowe(d) GPUs to provide the hash rate.

Well,
...And I wonder if any of you with lots of hashing power had tried to generate a Vanity bitcoin address via VanitySearch? I'm talking about those who have at least tens of GPUs or in the best case, hundreds of them. I also wonder if any of you have tried to generate a Vanity address by using powerful AWS servers? Is it possible to direct hashrates rented on Nicehash to generate a vanity Bitcoin address? I know my sentences are full of questions but I'm really curious. If you have tried none of them above, at least what's the longest Vanity address that you have generated?

It will not be possible to rent SHA-256 hashrates from Nicehash in order to generate Bitcoin addresses using VanitySearch. This is simply not possible and I would like to point this out. Even if you use the Altcoin area you will not be able to run VanitySearch via Nicehash. You're not renting the GPU there, you're renting the hashrate that is explicitly designed for a very specific work process and produced. You will NOT be able to run a program or application on a GPU because you didn't rent GPU architecture to use it. You rented just the hash rate produced by a graphic card for a certain algorithm, nothing more.

If someone wants to rent GPUs in order to run standard programs at will, Nicehash is simply the wrong place to start because it doesn't work. Alternatives have been shown.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Take note i DO NOT guarantee security of generated key using such marketplace.
Using "split key" can solve that problem: the server will never know your final private key, and you can even create the split key on an offline system.

Thanks for the reminder, i frequently forget about split key mechanism.

I think you want to check for marketplace which let you rent GPU for any purpose, such as https://vast.ai/. Take note i DO NOT guarantee security of generated key using such marketplace.
Yes, I know that but as far as I know you are limited to rigs and can't rent more than what particular rig offers.

That's true. I just checked available rig, but at most you only can find rig with 10 GPU.

Don't people usually use NiceHash to rent their GPUs?
No. On NiceHash you rent hashrate which is produced by ASIC miners, not GPU. Although there are certain hash algorithms that allowe(d) GPUs to provide the hash rate. But when we talk about SHA-256 -and we do on this Bitcoin forum- we're talking about ASIC miners.

You should re-visit NiceHash,
1. This page shows you can mine with ASIC, GPU or CPU, https://www.nicehash.com/mining-hardware.
2. This page shows various hashrate you can buy, https://www.nicehash.com/pricing. For example, RandomXmonero can't be mined with ASIC.

Bitcoin g33k
Don't people usually use NiceHash to rent their GPUs?
No. On NiceHash you rent hashrate which is produced by ASIC miners, not GPU. Although there are certain hash algorithms that allowe(d) GPUs to provide the hash rate. But when we talk about SHA-256 -and we do on this Bitcoin forum- we're talking about ASIC miners.

Okay, you have the possibility to rent ASIC and GPU, so, my priority is GPU in this case.
Then stick to vast.ai lambdarentals, linode, AWS or whatever suit your needs.

But ASICs aren't my priority. NiceHash also offers you to rent GPU hashrate, doesn't it? So, my question is, can I rent GPU hashrate from nicehash and dedicate that hashrate to VanitySearch?
Again --> No, this is not possible.

I know that's possible via Amazon or Google cloud servers and via other websites that rent GPU rigs but I don't know how possible is it to direct GPU hashrate to specific job on NiceHash.
see above
Is it possible to direct hashrates rented on Nicehash to generate a vanity Bitcoin address?
I don't think ASIC miners can be used to find vanity addresses. They're build for only one specific task, and it would be too expensive to build a dedicated ASIC to find vanity addresses.
Don't people usually use NiceHash to rent their GPUs? Okay, you have the possibility to rent ASIC and GPU, so, my priority is GPU in this case.

While ASICs are highly optimized for specific tasks, including hashing, they may not be as well-suited for the additional operations involved in VanitySearch.

ASICs are designed for specific tasks and are commonly used for cryptocurrency mining, such as Bitcoin mining. They are optimized for high-speed computation of specific algorithms and are not general-purpose computing devices like CPUs or GPUs.
But ASICs aren't my priority. NiceHash also offers you to rent GPU hashrate, doesn't it? So, my question is, can I rent GPU hashrate from nicehash and dedicate that hashrate to VanitySearch? I know that's possible via Amazon or Google cloud servers and via other websites that rent GPU rigs but I don't know how possible is it to direct GPU hashrate to specific job on NiceHash.

I think you want to check for marketplace which let you rent GPU for any purpose, such as https://vast.ai/. Take note i DO NOT guarantee security of generated key using such marketplace.
Yes, I know that but as far as I know you are limited to rigs and can't rent more than what particular rig offers.

As reminder, NiceHash let you buy or sell hashrate for various algorithm where some of them can be done practically with CPU or GPU. But since AFAIK NiceHash only let you choose the mining pool, the answer is still no.
That's what I want to know.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Take note i DO NOT guarantee security of generated key using such marketplace.
Using "split key" can solve that problem: the server will never know your final private key, and you can even create the split key on an offline system.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Does anybody have or had a GPU mining rig? And I wonder if any of you with lots of hashing power had tried to generate a Vanity bitcoin address via VanitySearch? I'm talking about those who have at least tens of GPUs or in the best case, hundreds of them. I also wonder if any of you have tried to generate a Vanity address by using powerful AWS servers? Is it possible to direct hashrates rented on Nicehash to generate a vanity Bitcoin address? I know my sentences are full of questions but I'm really curious. If you have tried none of them above, at least what's the longest Vanity address that you have generated?

Is it possible to direct hashrates rented on Nicehash to generate a vanity Bitcoin address?
I don't think ASIC miners can be used to find vanity addresses. They're build for only one specific task, and it would be too expensive to build a dedicated ASIC to find vanity addresses.

No. VanitySearch involves not only the hashing algorithm you mentioned (SHA-256) but also additional operations such as Base58 encoding or RIPEMD-160, which is used to convert the hashed data into a human-readable Bitcoin address format. While ASICs are highly optimized for specific tasks, including hashing, they may not be as well-suited for the additional operations involved in VanitySearch.

ASICs are designed for specific tasks and are commonly used for cryptocurrency mining, such as Bitcoin mining. They are optimized for high-speed computation of specific algorithms and are not general-purpose computing devices like CPUs or GPUs.

As reminder, NiceHash let you buy or sell hashrate for various algorithm where some of them can be done practically with CPU or GPU. But since AFAIK NiceHash only let you choose the mining pool, the answer is still no.
Bitcoin g33k

No. VanitySearch involves not only the hashing algorithm you mentioned (SHA-256) but also additional operations such as Base58 encoding or RIPEMD-160, which is used to convert the hashed data into a human-readable Bitcoin address format. While ASICs are highly optimized for specific tasks, including hashing, they may not be as well-suited for the additional operations involved in VanitySearch.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Does anybody have or had a GPU mining rig?
Talk to WhyFhy, he created (and ended) 1SPLiTKEY.com The easy, secure and mostly free vanity wallet service closed/down.

And I wonder if any of you with lots of hashing power had tried to generate a Vanity bitcoin address via VanitySearch? I'm talking about those who have at least tens of GPUs or in the best case, hundreds of them.
It's possible, but a very expensive way to create just a Bitcoin address.

I also wonder if any of you have tried to generate a Vanity address by using powerful AWS servers?
I've seen other pay-by-the-hour hosts that offer servers with GPU. I think it's more likely to be used to crack lost passwords than find a rare vanity address though.

If you have tried none of them above, at least what's the longest Vanity address that you have generated?
See Rare address hall of fame.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
Hello, I am looking for help to add suport of the SECP224R1, but C++ and CUDA isn't really in my knowledge and expertise.
I have tried for days but the most critical logics just too hard for me to understand.

Does anyone interested in helping to add the support of SECP224R1? Payment is possible to express the gratitude.

Much Appreciated!!!
Best you could do is to contact OP from github, there might be contact methods, or he might be active there.
Else you just need to change the curve parameters, hashing functions and address encoding if they also differ, no need to know a lot about coding.

And if all of that failed, go to service board and post a topic. This is a link to service board.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello, I am looking for help to add suport of the SECP224R1, but C++ and CUDA isn't really in my knowledge and expertise.
I have tried for days but the most critical logics just too hard for me to understand.

Does anyone interested in helping to add the support of SECP224R1? Payment is possible to express the gratitude.

Much Appreciated!!!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello, I'm new here and have a question about
bojlahg/VanitySearchPublicKey.
if I search there I find only keys with use -t.
-gpu is displayed but does not find any keys
for example:

VanitySearchPK.exe -t 0 -gpu -sk 2000000000000000000000000000000000 -p 633cbe Find no keys but 5000mk/s            (0keys) 1 minute

VanitySearchPK.exe -t 1 -gpu -sk 2000000000000000000000000000000000 -p 633cbe find keys with 5600mk/s very bad (25keys) 1 minute

VanitySearchPK.exe -t 32 -sk 200000000000000000000000000000000 -p 633cbe find keys good but 1000mk/s                (200keys)1 minute

I believe that the program recognizes the GPU
but the gpu performance does nothing

can any help for this
Pages:
Jump to: