Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 15. (Read 251007 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
May 29, 2018, 02:06:51 AM
It is now a difficult time for the market to fall. Veritaseum price falls also very normal, do not panic, because the overall trend of the main factor of development.

It is time if everyone wants to go down, because there are many factors that support from history to the game inside, so naturally if you want to react.
Many people from the community are waiting for this time, in this period, many sell cheap coins. And smart people of course hold the money to buy a lot of coins at such moments. A good investor does just that.
Activity: 192
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 02:02:53 AM
Why, because Reggie created a token to represent some metals that he holds? This was a demo of existing capability. It's not like there is a platform on which to trade these assets or tokens. At best, they can be included as part of the VEADIR portfolio. This will have ZERO effect on the price of VERI aside from any media or hype generated by people who don't realize it means little to the price or utility of VERI. This is not a development milestone, Reggie could have done this months ago.

Sorry, I love VERI as much as the next guy, but this is not something that will boost the price (and it hasn't yet).

Asset tokenization was the main reason why I joined the ICO last year.
If Reggie can do it well enough, that would be the only thing that can boost the price.
Contrary to what many (including Reggie) may think, the VeADIR is NOT something that can boost the price as many others (i.e. competitors, Reggie was wrong to say there is no competitor, unless he meant to say there is no competitor that does the same thing the exact same way) are already doing the same thing as VeADIR, albeit in different ways, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, Crush Crypto Core DAA, etc.
They are all managed investment exposures into crypto assets.
If you think they are not competitors, then please don't tell me why because I am not interested to know why you think they are not competitors.
On the other hand, if you think tokenization of assets will not boost the price, then you can tell me what will.
Because in my opinion nothing will.
VERI is and never will be a tokenized asset trading platform like LAToken. Or at least I have yet to hear any such plans to build such a platform.

The only thing that will make VERI increase in price is use of the VEADIR (and any licensed derivatives, like for the african/jamaican exchanges) which will consume the VERI token. With the VEADIR fee at 5%, if someone wants a $1M exposure, they have to use 625 VERI (at $80/each). Our real hope is that big money starts using VEADIR and that the 5% fees start to really consume the token. Of course the big money is going to probably buy their VERI direct from Reggie.

The VEADIR is similar to the projects you mentioned but it has it's not exactly the same. They will compete on some levels. For one, and probably the biggest standout is the quantity and quality of research used to determine the composition of the VEADIR, and the fact that I'm pretty sure the VEADIR might venture beyond the crypto world to include other veritized assets whereas the others are crypto-only (could be wrong about this). It could be that some day someone publishes performance comparison of these companies, and we'll have to see if VEADIR outperforms them.
I think the other big advantage is that the VEADIR assets and transactions are all on the blockchain and verifiable; whereas with the competitors you own the tokens which represent a piece of a fund but you may have to trust someone that the assets are really there as they report.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
May 28, 2018, 11:46:35 PM
But of course if Reggie cannot do it well enough, i.e. making wrong business decisions, then I take back my words.
With so many alternatives around, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, etc etc, there is really very very minimal use case of VERI in getting investment exposure in crypto assets, almost to the point of not being needed at all.
Don't you agree, hmm?
May 28, 2018, 10:17:39 PM
Why, because Reggie created a token to represent some metals that he holds? This was a demo of existing capability. It's not like there is a platform on which to trade these assets or tokens. At best, they can be included as part of the VEADIR portfolio. This will have ZERO effect on the price of VERI aside from any media or hype generated by people who don't realize it means little to the price or utility of VERI. This is not a development milestone, Reggie could have done this months ago.

Sorry, I love VERI as much as the next guy, but this is not something that will boost the price (and it hasn't yet).

Asset tokenization was the main reason why I joined the ICO last year.
If Reggie can do it well enough, that would be the only thing that can boost the price.
Contrary to what many (including Reggie) may think, the VeADIR is NOT something that can boost the price as many others (i.e. competitors, Reggie was wrong to say there is no competitor, unless he meant to say there is no competitor that does the same thing the exact same way) are already doing the same thing as VeADIR, albeit in different ways, i.e. ICONOMI, Crypto20, Hedge, Crush Crypto Core DAA, etc.
They are all managed investment exposures into crypto assets.
If you think they are not competitors, then please don't tell me why because I am not interested to know why you think they are not competitors.
On the other hand, if you think tokenization of assets will not boost the price, then you can tell me what will.
Because in my opinion nothing will.
Activity: 192
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 09:28:00 PM
Time to go back up big time again.

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
May 28, 2018, 03:46:31 AM
It is now a difficult time for the market to fall. Veritaseum price falls also very normal, do not panic, because the overall trend of the main factor of development.

It is time if everyone wants to go down, because there are many factors that support from history to the game inside, so naturally if you want to react.
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
May 28, 2018, 03:38:50 AM
Hello Veritaseum believers,

Our aim is to add value to the whole crypto community by giving the best user experience to analyse cryptocurrencies.

It would be really great help from your side if you can spend 60 seconds of your time and give us your valuable feedback for our two recent updates 1) Snapshot and 2) Colourful interface of Veritaseum at: https://cointopper.com/coin/veritaseum

Constructive criticisms are always welcome at CoinTopper.  Thank you!!
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
May 27, 2018, 04:20:20 AM
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
May 26, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
A new video on Veritaseum from Roadtoroota, Big Weir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIev4dPWIko
May 26, 2018, 02:22:43 AM
Now where is the video to watch the 4kg silver being tokenized?

This is really what I want to see with Veritaseum - asset tokenization.
The more assets that can be tokenized with Veri, the higher the intrinsic value of the token.
May 25, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
Time to go back up big time again.
May 25, 2018, 02:02:33 PM
Also from Reggie Middleton:

Watch as I send 4 kg of "Veritized" .999 fine, fully redeemable silver around the world just as effortlessly as I would a text or tweet. @Nouriel seems to ridicule #dapps as games and toys. When we go live (very soon) the joke will be on the Luddites, no? https://veritas.veritaseum.com/
May 25, 2018, 11:22:42 AM
From Reggie Middleton today:

Physical (fully redeemable) gold has been added to the VeADIR portfolio as a demonstration of the VeADIR's capabilities and potential. I will pay Veritaseum contractors and employees with the same tokens some time very soon. See https://ipfs.io/ipns/rc.veritaseum.com/#/portfolio … & https://veritas.veritaseum.com/
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 07:19:41 AM
If Veri can be redeemed for real gold and assets, then that would be super massive to the token value.
Then Clif High's "prophesy" of Veri would come true.
But not sure if that's the intent of Reggie.

I would doubt he would break havoc with the comex as it would piss the regulators
May 25, 2018, 05:31:40 AM
If Veri can be redeemed for real gold and assets, then that would be super massive to the token value.
Then Clif High's "prophesy" of Veri would come true.
But not sure if that's the intent of Reggie.
May 24, 2018, 09:39:10 PM
From Reggie Middleton today:

This was hard asset Veritization day - variety of metals Veritized w/redeemable, physical backing, on chain. Ethiopian bonds awaiting legal guidance.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
May 23, 2018, 09:55:00 AM
Any news on the regulatory problems that are preventing the beta launch, are we getting close, are there people using the software now by invitation only, is so can I get one? I am so keen to loan out my very and make some return from hodling.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
May 23, 2018, 08:26:50 AM
comparing lows with other cryptos means nothing... VERI is +2000% from ICO, most cryptos are not up that much...u should judge VERI by current and expected operations and market cap...

Yeah, this is how I look at it.  I got in during first ICO.  Nothing like VERI.  The percentage gain is absolutely massive.  I won't get nervous until it approaches single digits.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 06:27:13 AM
comparing lows with other cryptos means nothing... VERI is +2000% from ICO, most cryptos are not up that much...u should judge VERI by current and expected operations and market cap...
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
May 23, 2018, 04:32:20 AM
low highs and lower lows. this thing is going no where.
You can say the same about just about any crypto right now, Captain obvious.
most cryptos are not below their lows of april, VERI is. cant help it.
Pages:
Jump to: