Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 2. (Read 250993 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 20, 2019, 01:15:19 PM
Everything else dumb and wrong on so many levels. Like most everything else you say.

Absolutely.
I can't fucking agree more.
Power Ledger is dumb and wrong.
Paypie is dumb and wrong.
Many other blockchain enterprises that choose to go the route of being securities are dumb and wrong.
Damn, you are such a fucking genius!
And as a result of being such a fucking genius, you end up being the ultimate bag holder of a hopeless shitcoin.
Congratulations!

FYI, I don't hate the project.
I dislike Reggie for being stubborn and in hubris.
And as a result, he screwed up a potentially promising project and ruined a major profit potential of the coin.
If you think you are not in it for the money, you are dumb and wrong yourself.
If you think Veritaseum still have massive potential, you are living in fantasy.
Sorry, but no profit and potential for you anymore.

I made a many multiple profit a long time ago.
So as usually you are an idiot talking out his ass only proving you are a know nothing ass.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
November 18, 2019, 02:06:17 PM
Reggie is a contrarian badass.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
November 16, 2019, 06:23:49 AM
Everything else dumb and wrong on so many levels. Like most everything else you say.

Absolutely.
I can't fucking agree more.
Power Ledger is dumb and wrong.
Paypie is dumb and wrong.
Many other blockchain enterprises that choose to go the route of being securities are dumb and wrong.
Damn, you are such a fucking genius!
And as a result of being such a fucking genius, you end up being the ultimate bag holder of a hopeless shitcoin.
Congratulations!

FYI, I don't hate the project.
I dislike Reggie for being stubborn and in hubris.
And as a result, he screwed up a potentially promising project and ruined a major profit potential of the coin.
If you think you are not in it for the money, you are dumb and wrong yourself.
If you think Veritaseum still have massive potential, you are living in fantasy.
Sorry, but no profit and potential for you anymore.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
November 14, 2019, 01:47:21 AM
By right, Reggie should have taken my advice.
If he did, today's Veritaseum would have a sustainable foothold in the industry.
I repeatedly advice to burn all his 98% token supply and convert the remaining tokens to be profit-sharing, like equities would.
And being a profit-sharing token, he has the liberty to register the token as securities and all these steps would free him from recent prosecution.
At the same time, Veritaseum may continue to tokenize assets and they would add further value to VERI holders, tremendously.

Too bad, Reggie's stubbornness and hubris caused his own downfall.
Too stubborn.
Too proud of himself.

My advice was not wrong.
In fact, that is what some ICO projects are doing.
Power Ledger is converting its tokens to become securities.
PayPie is also doing it similarly.
Many projects that are smart enough to see the future would realize this and would take similar route, but not Reggie.

Reggie was stubborn to think could resolve with SEC. He should have packed up and moved to a more friendly jurisdiction long ago as many other companies have done. They clearly have a personal vendetta against him and aren't going to deal fairly or ethically with him.

And why do you care so much about a project you hate and hate founder?
Grow up and move on.
November 07, 2019, 01:26:09 AM
By right, Reggie should have taken my advice.
If he did, today's Veritaseum would have a sustainable foothold in the industry.
I repeatedly advice to burn all his 98% token supply and convert the remaining tokens to be profit-sharing, like equities would.
And being a profit-sharing token, he has the liberty to register the token as securities and all these steps would free him from recent prosecution.
At the same time, Veritaseum may continue to tokenize assets and they would add further value to VERI holders, tremendously.

Too bad, Reggie's stubbornness and hubris caused his own downfall.
Too stubborn.
Too proud of himself.

My advice was not wrong.
In fact, that is what some ICO projects are doing.
Power Ledger is converting its tokens to become securities.
PayPie is also doing it similarly.
Many projects that are smart enough to see the future would realize this and would take similar route, but not Reggie.
November 07, 2019, 01:12:53 AM
I'm not sure if, how, or why funds would be returned to ICO participants, as at current prices the token can be sold for far more than ICO price, so who would ever want a refund?

I speculate that is probably why the price of VERI is still going up despite the judgment, to prevent anyone from asking for a refund.
And whoever that would be this stupid to keep buying to pump up the price, well, I speculate is no other than Reggie himself, just saying.

The people that were not participant of the ICO will not have the right to refund, even if they bought VERI at $90, simply because the refund is only for ICO investors.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
November 05, 2019, 04:26:38 PM

Here's the actual judgment.
It appears to gut Veritaseum, taking 'Frozen Bank Assets' and 'Frozen Metals' to the value of the judgment. This would presumably lead to Veri defaulting on existing contracts.
IANAL but it's difficult to see how there's any future for Reggie in the digital asset world, given his permanent disbarment from "engaging in any offering of digital securities."
I think the key there is "securities." Reggie can still issue utility tokens. Obv there's a fine line and he'd have to be very careful to walk that line. He's always maintained VERI to be a utility token, so perhaps he could re-issue VERI in a different and fully compliant way.

The Fair Fund is for reimbursement of losses suffered by "harmed investors" due to Reggie's admitted fraudulent behavior, not just for a blanket refund. Maybe someone who FOMO'd @ $90 will qualify, seeing as it's been agreed in the settlement that he manipulated the price.
As for "current prices", I don't see too many buy walls on Mercatox.
I guess we'll see, but rough math at $9M and 2M tokens outstanding is only $4.5/token.
Maybe no buy walls on Mercatox but strangely, no stampede to liquidate either. Kind of blows my mind. VERI price plunged to $6 after announcement of the SEC action and has mostly recovered. Strange it has not moved.
Perhaps, but Occam's Razor says he's f*cked.
I could argue the opposite. Now he's free of threat of prosecution. He's made a lot of connections and formed a lot of relationships. He had a lot going on with Africa and their exchanges and gold. He could entirely shut down the VERI operations and start anew in Africa with his project(s) there and probably do quite well.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
November 05, 2019, 02:52:33 PM

It's really hard to determine the real impact of this. It sounds like Reggie will either have to raise investor cash traditionally or pay out of pocket. Unclear if that will happen.

Here's the actual judgment.
It appears to gut Veritaseum, taking 'Frozen Bank Assets' and 'Frozen Metals' to the value of the judgment. This would presumably lead to Veri defaulting on existing contracts.
IANAL but it's difficult to see how there's any future for Reggie in the digital asset world, given his permanent disbarment from "engaging in any offering of digital securities."

I'm not sure if, how, or why funds would be returned to ICO participants, as at current prices the token can be sold for far more than ICO price, so who would ever want a refund?

The Fair Fund is for reimbursement of losses suffered by "harmed investors" due to Reggie's admitted fraudulent behavior, not just for a blanket refund. Maybe someone who FOMO'd @ $90 will qualify, seeing as it's been agreed in the settlement that he manipulated the price.
As for "current prices", I don't see too many buy walls on Mercatox.

Perhaps if Reggie sold a lot of ETH at its highs, he has money banked to continue operations anyway. A lot of unknowns.

Perhaps, but Occam's Razor says he's f*cked.

November 05, 2019, 01:12:21 PM
I don't trust the reporting to get all of the details correct, and I've read other articles also.

It's really hard to determine the real impact of this. It sounds like Reggie will either have to raise investor cash traditionally or pay out of pocket. Unclear if that will happen.

Perhaps if Reggie sold a lot of ETH at its highs, he has money banked to continue operations anyway. A lot of unknowns.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
October 14, 2019, 10:05:28 PM
Nov 14 is just pre-trial.
Reggie will settle before then. As much as I'm sure he'd like to fight and win, seeing what the other ICOs are settling for, Reggie can pay a fine of just a few percent of what he raised and be done with it all, and that will probably make the most sense so he can continue running his company.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 13, 2019, 08:27:20 PM
October 12, 2019, 04:02:06 PM
Look at the price, back over $20! I hope you all loaded up at $6.

Yup! Nice pump by Reggie and Co!!!
I knew Reggies wouldn't stand pumping his shitcoin again Cheesy:D
All the more reason to buy it. This is a good thing for token holders, not a bad thing. I wish more project owners would pump their coins and make me money.
copper member
Activity: 165
Roy's Poker Room - BTC, 0.1% Rake, No KYC
October 12, 2019, 03:43:28 PM

Yup! Nice pump by Reggie and Co!!!
I knew Reggies wouldn't stand pumping his shitcoin again Cheesy:D
October 10, 2019, 04:43:50 PM
October 09, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
That's because Reggie is in settlement talks with SEC.
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-in-settlement-talks-with-fraudulent-ico-organizer-reg-middleton

He'll pay a small fine and then he'll be free to run his business.

that are good news thx for the info my man Wink
October 09, 2019, 05:07:17 PM
That's because Reggie is in settlement talks with SEC.
https://www.coindesk.com/sec-in-settlement-talks-with-fraudulent-ico-organizer-reg-middleton

He'll pay a small fine and then he'll be free to run his business.
October 09, 2019, 04:24:55 PM
nice spike in price, despite the recent troubles veri had.
October 07, 2019, 09:42:59 PM
any news about the filled charges by the SEC? Or any news in general last time I heard from reggie was in august
I think there's a hearing later this month.
October 07, 2019, 08:59:17 PM
any news about the filled charges by the SEC? Or any news in general last time I heard from reggie was in august
Pages:
Jump to: