Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 4. (Read 250993 times)

copper member
Activity: 165
Merit: 1
Roy's Poker Room - BTC, 0.1% Rake, No KYC
August 31, 2019, 06:27:46 PM
Sure, but there is really not a single software company where I can buy their product and later resell it at a higher price...
Are you saying that Microsoft has never increased the price of their software licenses, such as a yearlong Microsoft Office 365 license?
Again, it's a different model so the license or access fees for VERI have already been paid for and can be re-sold and the supply is controlled by Reggie, and the price is controlled by users (decentralized control). MS has an infinite number of licenses, can raise (or lower) their prices whenever they want (centralized control), and as a consumer (AKAIK) will not let you re-sell your license which will expire whether you use it or not. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.

I'm saying that I can't buy, say a Microsoft Office license for $100, then resell that license at a higher price...

Nice pump, Reggie Cheesy
Activity: 191
August 30, 2019, 05:20:01 PM
Sure, but there is really not a single software company where I can buy their product and later resell it at a higher price...
Are you saying that Microsoft has never increased the price of their software licenses, such as a yearlong Microsoft Office 365 license?
Again, it's a different model so the license or access fees for VERI have already been paid for and can be re-sold and the supply is controlled by Reggie, and the price is controlled by users (decentralized control). MS has an infinite number of licenses, can raise (or lower) their prices whenever they want (centralized control), and as a consumer (AKAIK) will not let you re-sell your license which will expire whether you use it or not. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
August 23, 2019, 10:12:49 PM
This is pretty epic, from Clif High.

http://prnt.sc/owco11
is that the guy who can look in to the future and knows 10 programming languages? but has a website that looks like its from 1991.

More like the guy that ruin a lot of people's finance by selling them very overpriced and shitty reports and making himself a few hundreds of BTC along the way.
copper member
August 23, 2019, 09:36:22 PM

is that the guy who can look in to the future and knows 10 programming languages? but has a website that looks like its from 1991.

Yup, that one hahaha
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
August 23, 2019, 04:49:44 PM

copper member
August 23, 2019, 04:50:38 AM
Sure, but I can't resell a Microsoft software at a higher price...

I can't buy a Win 10 license, for say $500, then resell at $6k...

That's because both companies have vastly different business models.

August 23, 2019, 01:57:54 AM

That's because both companies have vastly different business models.
August 22, 2019, 10:12:01 PM

August 22, 2019, 02:15:36 PM
I just think that if Reggie/VERI wins this case, MORE scammers will pop up. Thats all I'm saying.
Maybe, but it will also provide clarity for many existing and future projects to proceed with, and it should unleash billions of dollars into crypto.

Reggie filed his response:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l43sl7Q5NLEcNrQGnh4T2n_hBFkGULlx/view

The SEC has been investigating him for 2 years and only now they choose to act? This case is rotten.

BTW, I have seen a few people say that Reggie requested a jury trial. I think it was clear that the request was made in the SEC's filing.

Update:
After reading the defense, Reggie is on solid ground and the SEC is way off base. I'm sure the order freezing funds will be lifted, and that Reggie is likely to win the case. There are other more vulnerable projects the SEC could have chosen, but for some reason they are after VERI. They are going to lose and it is going to propel crypto to the next level.

Well, the thing is that if you want to manipulate a market (like Reggie and Co did) you would have to be a lot more sneaky in the way you do it. He got caught and all the show is going down.
Again, it's not illegal to manipulate the price of your own company's software. Microsoft does this all of the time. And if you read Reggie's defense, not only did the SEC fail to provide any evidence or specific details of this manipulation, the trades were Reggie's evaluation and testing of ED which he did announce transparently ahead of time and his trades lead to his conclusion that ED lacked sufficient volume. Reggie and his company are allowed to buy and sell their own product on exchanges. Good luck to the SEC winning that one without specific details of this price manipulation.

exactly.
copper member
August 22, 2019, 05:34:16 AM
I just think that if Reggie/VERI wins this case, MORE scammers will pop up. Thats all I'm saying.
Maybe, but it will also provide clarity for many existing and future projects to proceed with, and it should unleash billions of dollars into crypto.

The SEC has been investigating him for 2 years and only now they choose to act? This case is rotten.

BTW, I have seen a few people say that Reggie requested a jury trial. I think it was clear that the request was made in the SEC's filing.

Update:
After reading the defense, Reggie is on solid ground and the SEC is way off base. I'm sure the order freezing funds will be lifted, and that Reggie is likely to win the case. There are other more vulnerable projects the SEC could have chosen, but for some reason they are after VERI. They are going to lose and it is going to propel crypto to the next level.

Well, the thing is that if you want to manipulate a market (like Reggie and Co did) you would have to be a lot more sneaky in the way you do it. He got caught and all the show is going down.
Again, it's not illegal to manipulate the price of your own company's software. Microsoft does this all of the time. And if you read Reggie's defense, not only did the SEC fail to provide any evidence or specific details of this manipulation, the trades were Reggie's evaluation and testing of ED which he did announce transparently ahead of time and his trades lead to his conclusion that ED lacked sufficient volume. Reggie and his company are allowed to buy and sell their own product on exchanges. Good luck to the SEC winning that one without specific details of this price manipulation.

August 22, 2019, 03:36:37 AM

Update:

So why not sell VERI at Reggies website? then he can set his own price.
August 22, 2019, 02:43:59 AM

Update:

copper member
August 22, 2019, 02:20:00 AM

Update:

August 20, 2019, 08:33:32 PM

Update:
copper member
August 20, 2019, 05:00:26 PM
Yes, and it is legal for a company to manipulate the price of its software. If there was misrepresentation there may be a case for consumer fraud, but it is not within the SEC's purview.

Yes, and SEC will lose the case and VERI will pump real hard way beyond the moon and you will be filthy rich and buy 10 lambos and 10 ferraris.
Continue with your fantasy.

If Reggie wins veritaseum will be known and spoken of throughout the  crypto world as a landmark test case, so yes, it would moon!

I'm not buying more just yet, but I'm not selling either (no point)

August 20, 2019, 08:52:17 AM
If Reggie wins veritaseum will be known and spoken of throughout the  crypto world as a landmark test case, so yes, it would moon!

Yes, and people like Tenreiro (the one that investigated Veritaseum and initiated the lawsuit) will lose, and kow tow to Reggie, and kneel in front of Reggie begging for forgiveness, and Reggie will spit and pee at Tenreiro's face.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
August 20, 2019, 08:05:27 AM
Yes, and it is legal for a company to manipulate the price of its software. If there was misrepresentation there may be a case for consumer fraud, but it is not within the SEC's purview.

Yes, and SEC will lose the case and VERI will pump real hard way beyond the moon and you will be filthy rich and buy 10 lambos and 10 ferraris.

August 20, 2019, 07:39:23 AM

August 20, 2019, 03:47:17 AM
The whole case hinges on whether or not it is a utility token. If Reggie wins that argument the rest of the case falls apart. Reggie was very up front with and tried to work with the SEC at the time. I recall that he attempted to get "no action" letters and he took other measures to show good faith compliance efforts. In addition, he implemented KYC and AML on his platform from the beginning.

I think the SEC is going to have a hard time proving its case. Yes, they found a few examples of statements Reggie made which we don't know the context of that may or may not prove something, but he was always very careful in all of the videos and materials I saw to avoid making statements and claims like the ones in the complaint. By no means was it a pattern of behavior or conduct.

The SEC case is flimsy, but it takes a lot of money and lawyers to stand up to them. I hope he can be successful.

If you read the case, it is about market manipulation and misrepresentation. In case of manipulation, the blockchain has all the evidence.
Yes, and it is legal for a company to manipulate the price of its software.
Sounds shaddy the way Reggie is doing it. Why even put VERI on an exchange then and not sell it via his website?
August 19, 2019, 05:33:52 PM
The whole case hinges on whether or not it is a utility token. If Reggie wins that argument the rest of the case falls apart. Reggie was very up front with and tried to work with the SEC at the time. I recall that he attempted to get "no action" letters and he took other measures to show good faith compliance efforts. In addition, he implemented KYC and AML on his platform from the beginning.

I think the SEC is going to have a hard time proving its case. Yes, they found a few examples of statements Reggie made which we don't know the context of that may or may not prove something, but he was always very careful in all of the videos and materials I saw to avoid making statements and claims like the ones in the complaint. By no means was it a pattern of behavior or conduct.

The SEC case is flimsy, but it takes a lot of money and lawyers to stand up to them. I hope he can be successful.

If you read the case, it is about market manipulation and misrepresentation. In case of manipulation, the blockchain has all the evidence.
Pages:
Jump to: