Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 86. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 30, 2017, 05:34:29 PM
I actually have been flipping veri for profits
Please continue, Nit! Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
July 30, 2017, 05:20:53 PM
is anyone not concerned about the tokens that were stolen and sold. Maybe an inside job. Im not spreading FUD. I actually have been flipping veri for profits, it just seem that after that news, the market for veri has been down tremendously
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 30, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
$136.99 (-8.50%)
0.05050720 BTC (-8.03%)
0.68644700 ETH (-9.68%)
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/
i think is a good time to buy Veri, i just bought another 10 tokens. 🚀🚀🚀 skyrocket 🚀🚀🚀
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 30, 2017, 04:25:14 PM
Bittrex supports a lot of tokens. Why Veritas is not?

My take on it is that VERI is all about peer-to-peer, and most of the exchanges are centralized.  EtherDelta is decentralized.  I'm guessing the centralized exchanges don't want to support something that ultimately will make them obsolete.  With that said, I think there is one advantage to centralization, which is with respect to the fees when placing orders.  When you place an order on EtherDelta, you need to pay a fee regardless of whether the order completes.  On a centralized exchange there is no fee unless it completes.
I don't like the fact that I don't find it easy to place order either to sell or buy on the ether delta. Now the centralization doesn't not have negative effect on trade value that envisaged by some. Just that it might have a larger market that is expected.
Activity: 4
July 30, 2017, 03:46:07 PM
Questions on valuations of tokens/ICOs.

I reviewed the Veritaseum forensic report on GNO and if I'm not mistaken the valuation forecast in the report identifies the value of a GNO token to be about 1/6 of where it is today.

My question is regarding a forensic valuation of a VERI token.  As of today the value of all the outstanding tokens is approx $15B.

just for reference NDAQ = about $12B, ICE = about $39B, CME = about $41B, all with lots of earnings.

Not sure what else to compare VERI to other than what I listed.

I'm not trying to disrespect the VERI team - in fact I am in awe of the mind-bending applications - just hoping for some perspective on valuations.  (and also help in de-bending my mind as the applications may be beyond my simple-mindedness).
Activity: 7
July 30, 2017, 03:40:10 AM
Incorrect.

When you place an order on Etherdelta, no one pays a fee until the order is fulfilled, or you purposely cancel the order.
Expiring unfulfilled orders are not subject to fees.

Thanks for the correction.  I haven't ever let an order run so long that it expired.  I've always cancelled them when the market turned a direction I didn't like.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 29, 2017, 10:42:37 PM
FAQ
1. What is the difference between Veritaseum and Veritas?
Veritaseum is the name of the company that issued a token called Veritas.

2. Is Veritas a form of investment? And why?
Veritas is not an investment, it is software. We cannot stop others from speculating on VERI.

3. Why is Veritaseum's market cap so underreported? And is this valid?
Coinmarketcap determines market cap using “circulating supply” as supposed to total supply. Whether this number is under reported is up to your preferred method of reporting. In addition, we don’t feel it matters nearly as much as many assume. Market cap, in this sense, is not the same as valuation. Valuation takes a much more focused and rigorous approach than multiplying two numbers.

4. How dependent is Veritaseum to the Ethereum blockchain for its P2P platform?
Veritaseum’s products are not dependent on any blockchain because it can be moved to different blockchains. This being said, it will take some engineering effort to port from, and between blockchains. We feel that most new blockchains will be written in such a fashion as to be backwards-compatible with Ethereum applications.

5. When will Veritaseum's P2P platform be available to the public?
Veritaseum research is available now
Veritaseum rental contracts will beta around 8/29/17
Veritaseum will start announcing “Veritazation” deals during the month of August 2017, showcasing high end advisory services
Veritaseum VeADIR Financial Machines will beta around 9/29/17
Veritaseum/Jamaica Stock Exchange digital asset exchange joint venture will beta around 9/29/17
Veritaseum joint venture digital asset exchange joint venture with top ten global securities exchange is slated to debut as proof of concept in 10/15/17, assuming the deal goes through
Veritaseum P2P OTC direct value trading will debut in the 4th quarter of 2018

6. Can Veritaseum be made SEC complaint in case that becomes extremely necessary (i.e. SEC dictates ALL ICO entities are investment entities)?
Veritaseum was already planning to release public financial reports. We believe we are a software based consultancy, but if forced to comply with SEC regulation as something other than a software vendor, we should have no problem in doing so.

7. Can the platform be ultimately used between peers without going through Veritaseum's team?
The goal will be to have the VeADIR able to be 100% autonomous, but until we can develop AI that vets entities wishing to be “veritized”, the VeADIR will have to buy research from Veritaseum. Therefore making it rely partially on the team to prevent unwanted entities from being listed.

8. What does veritize mean?
Veritize meaning that an asset is assigned a customized VERI token and that asset is now represented on the blockchain. For example, you can take the lease on a building, veritize it, and now that lease can trade on our digital asset exchanges.

Share with others - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gEfEq779UXp8GKOjyOAICKvf_U8S3lBg1JJ90i9X2-8/edit?usp=sharing

Now that's what I am talking about.

Good job so far.

Better is to have this FAQ available at Veritaseum website so any newbie that questions the same thing over again can be referred there and cut any discussion short.

And best is to make the FAQ an expansive one, i.e. continue to add more new commonly-asked questions to the page.

This will actually save up lots of time going forward as more and more people are aware of Veritaseum, as well as the desirable effect of managing expectation.

Edit:

Will post on the website soon

Didn't see that before my previous post. I take your word for it. You just restored my confidence. Good work.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
July 29, 2017, 09:17:23 PM

My take on it is that VERI is all about peer-to-peer, and most of the exchanges are centralized.  EtherDelta is decentralized.  I'm guessing the centralized exchanges don't want to support something that ultimately will make them obsolete.  With that said, I think there is one advantage to centralization, which is with respect to the fees when placing orders.  When you place an order on EtherDelta, you need to pay a fee regardless of whether the order completes.  On a centralized exchange there is no fee unless it completes.

Incorrect.

When you place an order on Etherdelta, no one pays a fee until the order is fulfilled, or you purposely cancel the order.
Expiring unfulfilled orders are not subject to fees.
July 29, 2017, 08:10:43 PM

July 29, 2017, 07:59:31 PM
Not proclaiming to be a lawyer, but the "law" in this case existed before the ICOs and the statute of limitations is what would hinder action being taken specifically regarding that.  They could take their sweet time building a case if they're within the statue of limitations, and the smart assumption would be that they ARE within those limitations.

According to the following video, there is no statute of limitations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0&t=1622
Activity: 56
July 29, 2017, 05:39:58 PM
I seriously dont like the feature of etherdelta to match orders manually

Is there a plan of getting added to other exchange like Liqui or bittrex?

If you ask them is because there is no user demand for it. Which is a lot of bull. Who cares about Bittrex anyway? We wanted to be there, we have repeatedly asked them and also other larger crypto exchanges (we even lowered ourselves to begging) and still not on any (larger) exchange. The main point is that all exchanges have missed this ICO and do not have liquidity to earn some easy money. Their fault. Reggie planned to sell 51 mio tokens and is not his fault that only a little bit less than 2 mio was bought. If you ask me good riddance ... They have written bots to artificially place bids anyway (have seen it with my own eyes on Bittrex - and am sure that they are not an exception). Screw them. We will soon be on true exchange and not on some script kiddy playground. 
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
July 29, 2017, 04:38:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
July 29, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

Activity: 42
July 29, 2017, 04:25:42 PM
Hey Dorky, FAQ confirmed Cheesy
Fresh from the REGulator Grin

https://twitter.com/ReggieMiddleton/status/891392948579028992
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
July 29, 2017, 02:32:04 PM
FAQ

Veritas is not an investment, it is software. We cannot stop others from speculating on VERI.

Coinmarketcap determines market cap using “circulating supply” as supposed to total supply. Whether this number is under reported is up to your preferred method of reporting. In addition, we don’t feel it matters nearly as much as many assume. Market cap, in this sense, is not the same as valuation. Valuation takes a much more focused and rigorous approach than multiplying two numbers.

Veritaseum’s products are not dependent on any blockchain because it can be moved to different blockchains. This being said, it will take some engineering effort to port from, and between blockchains. We feel that most new blockchains will be written in such a fashion as to be backwards-compatible with Ethereum applications.

Veritaseum will start announcing “Veritazation” deals during the month of August 2017, showcasing high end advisory services
Veritaseum/Jamaica Stock Exchange digital asset exchange joint venture will beta around 9/29/17
Veritaseum joint venture digital asset exchange joint venture with top ten global securities exchange is slated to debut as proof of concept in 10/15/17, assuming the deal goes through

6. Can Veritaseum be made SEC complaint in case that becomes extremely necessary (i.e. SEC dictates ALL ICO entities are investment entities)?
Veritaseum was already planning to release public financial reports. We believe we are a software based consultancy, but if forced to comply with SEC regulation as something other than a software vendor, we should have no problem in doing so.

7. Can the platform be ultimately used between peers without going through Veritaseum's team?
The goal will be to have the VeADIR able to be 100% autonomous, but until we can develop AI that vets entities wishing to be “veritized”, the VeADIR will have to buy research from Veritaseum. Therefore making it rely partially on the team to prevent unwanted entities from being listed.

Share with others - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gEfEq779UXp8GKOjyOAICKvf_U8S3lBg1JJ90i9X2-8/edit?usp=sharing

Nice!

What are VeADIR Financial Machines?
Activity: 37
July 29, 2017, 02:11:03 PM
Will post on the website soon
Activity: 37
July 29, 2017, 02:08:55 PM
FAQ

8. What does veritize mean?
Veritize meaning that an asset is assigned a customized VERI token and that asset is now represented on the blockchain. For example, you can take the lease on a building, veritize it, and now that lease can trade on our digital asset exchanges.

Activity: 6
July 29, 2017, 12:09:39 PM
I'm new to this forum and am hoping to clarify a few items.  (Note - I don't own any VERI at this time).

1. How many folks here own VERI with the expectation that the price will increase in value vs own VERI for actual use on the Veritaseum platform?
     - Isn't it likely that if most are purchasing with the expectation of an increase in price then the SEC will eventually consider VERI a security?

2. If VERI is used on the platform, what happens to the VERI tokens when redeemed? (If there are approx 2MM tokens in circulation and I redeem 10 for product/service do the 10 tokens redeemed stay in circulation?)

3. If the total supply of VERI is 100MM, at current approx price of $150 the value of the Veritaseum platform is approx $1.5 billion.  That seems like a high value but I may be missing something.

Thanks

your new in this forum. so first read through the last 50 pages of this forum and you have your answers.
Activity: 4
July 29, 2017, 11:58:59 AM
I'm new to this forum and am hoping to clarify a few items.  (Note - I don't own any VERI at this time).

1. How many folks here own VERI with the expectation that the price will increase in value vs own VERI for actual use on the Veritaseum platform?
     - Isn't it likely that if most are purchasing with the expectation of an increase in price then the SEC will eventually consider VERI a security?

2. If VERI is used on the platform, what happens to the VERI tokens when redeemed? (If there are approx 2MM tokens in circulation and I redeem 10 for product/service do the 10 tokens redeemed stay in circulation?)

3. If the total supply of VERI is 100MM, at current approx price of $150 the value of the Veritaseum platform is approx $1.5 billion.  That seems like a high value but I may be missing something.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: