Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 89. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 27, 2017, 01:48:35 AM
The market cap of veritaseum is over than 350 million dollars but we're still forced to trade it only etherdelta Exchange thing. I can't understand why the team can't make the coin get on a real Exchange like bittrex?
LOL

Thats a good one

Yeah haha, however i read that no new Ico's has been added for a while, its some kinda congestion they say.

Plenty of new ICOs have been added off late. OmiseGo, TenX, Particl, Status, Funfair, AdToken etc. Fact is Bittrex and infact any other exchange for this matter will not touch this scamcoin with a 10 foot barge pole.
Activity: 314
I'm so poor I can't even pay attention
July 27, 2017, 01:41:09 AM
The wallet address is in an earlier post in this thread, however it will be impossible to track them, since they got gobbled up by buyers in a matter of hours and swapped for ethers or bitcoin, so its no way to know as an outsider what has happened.

So no transparency then in this transparent system ? This is the reason people trust in the blockchain but seems like it's not happening here - time to move on
it is transparent, but its not a oneman task to find the end user of a heist so therefore uninvestigatable as for the time it would consume
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 27, 2017, 01:32:25 AM
The wallet address is in an earlier post in this thread, however it will be impossible to track them, since they got gobbled up by buyers in a matter of hours and swapped for ethers or bitcoin, so its no way to know as an outsider what has happened.

So no transparency then in this transparent system ? This is the reason people trust in the blockchain but seems like it's not happening here - time to move on
July 27, 2017, 01:22:29 AM
The market cap of veritaseum is over than 350 million dollars but we're still forced to trade it only etherdelta Exchange thing. I can't understand why the team can't make the coin get on a real Exchange like bittrex?
LOL

Thats a good one

Yeah haha, however i read that no new Ico's has been added for a while, its some kinda congestion they say.
Activity: 33
July 27, 2017, 01:12:32 AM
LOL

Thats a good one
July 26, 2017, 08:21:06 PM
Since the owners of the company issue and control 99% of the tokens, it would seem the $8 million would be be more than the entire capitalization of the company itself making the outstanding tokens null and void. Easy to print money when money has a value but outside of the capital raised theres no real value in these tokens to date.

So to keep it real...

How can we access the Veritaseum blockchain to see how the funds were stolen, what wallets they came from and how they were moved ?

In the interest of transparency this would be a good thing - without this who is to say the company didnt sell the funds themselves and "hack" themselves ?

Until someone is arrested the truth will not come out, and it seems to me the amount is to small to render some massive hunt aswell, however i wouldn't know for sure. The MT-gox hacker was arrested a few days ago, so never say never.

https://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-explainer-btc-e-arrest-mt-gox-connection-big-news/

Either you trust what Reggie said, or dream up whatever reason that fits your mood. Seems to me that the resent price drops is for bitcoin mostly, perhaps people wants to capitalize on the hard fork, and get some free Bitcoin Cash for the value of some of their Veritas,

The amount of free Bitcoin cash atm is like 20% or 500usd for every Bitcoin cash. However i think that would drop to way lower levels the Aug 1 when all try to dump their Bcash in a frenzy.
Activity: 30
July 26, 2017, 07:36:27 PM
Since the owners of the company issue and control 99% of the tokens, it would seem the $8 million would be be more than the entire capitalization of the company itself making the outstanding tokens null and void. Easy to print money when money has a value but outside of the capital raised theres no real value in these tokens to date.

So to keep it real...

How can we access the Veritaseum blockchain to see how the funds were stolen, what wallets they came from and how they were moved ?

In the interest of transparency this would be a good thing - without this who is to say the company didnt sell the funds themselves and "hack" themselves ?
Activity: 42
July 26, 2017, 07:17:54 PM
I am really upset i missed the ICO on this one.
i wish i was able to be a part of this
Me too, Bigs Smiley But that's why god invented Etherdelta. BUY @ .72000!!!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 06:41:41 PM
I am really upset i missed the ICO on this one. i was not able to because of hackers they have gotten so brave these days. they go as far as making vids about you and fabricating lies in attempt to get you to pay them btc to remove the vids. hell they even got to where on here they will make stuff up and threaten to make you look bad hence me, lol but sorry i wish i was able to be a part of this
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
July 26, 2017, 06:24:29 PM
I think we should just relax. Everybody should just sit back and enjoy the price soar in August. Every project that was hurt for hacking or the alike saw incredible surge in prices: for example: Komodo and Ether (DAO). Komodo, for example, surged right after. It is weird, I know. But, empirically speaking, it is true.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 26, 2017, 06:13:31 PM
Thanks. I guess I'm wondering whether it was a texted code or the Authenticator app. I would think with the Authenticator app it would still be pretty difficult to "hack?" The video suggests that you could trick someone in to texting the code to you but you'd only have a few seconds and you'd have to be quick, and I doubt anyone at VERI was stupid enough to do that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
July 26, 2017, 05:35:37 PM
Veritaseum and VERI Price Show Resilience in Face of $8.4M Hack and More: http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/veritaseum-and-veri-price-show-resilience-in-face-of-8-4m-hack-and-more/
Activity: 46
Activity: 42
July 26, 2017, 02:40:31 PM
Your stubborn spouting . . .
You have mixed it up . . .

Get Popcorn.

Another group of stupid comments.
Man, you are really full of slanders.
Nothing is tougher to deal with than a stupid idiot like you.

Grin

they have something shady/illegal to hide.

Aaaaand the bottom line. Roll Eyes
Subtle FUDcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 26, 2017, 12:50:30 PM
The hack is dissapointing and i think we deserve a real breakdown (with detail) of what happened exactly. Keeping it vague is not the best policy to engender trust. Personally I have to look at Reggie Middleton as a person to decide how invested I am in this token, Veritaseum is very much operating as a traditional business riding the wave of a new technology as most most great companies have done in the past. Essencially though we as "investors" are more exposed to potential fraud than would be possible under normal circumstances, for this reason the person behind the company needs to be beyond reproach. I have found nothing to indicate that Reggie is an untrustworthy character so far, he is in his 50's and you would expect some history of previous dodgy endevours and scams. There is more to gain by running this company responsibly and building it up than to risk that by some clever inhouse scam, the risks of running a scam and potentially scamming the Jamaican Stock exchange in the process is equivalent to signing your own death warrent in my opinion. Not something I thin reggie would be foolish enough to do. So yea, he has the power to make or break this endevour and in the process make us a fortune or cause to us to loose the same. Do you trust the guy? Personally i see someone who is ultimately quite trustworthy although not perfect, I am going to hold and keep supporting this project online and in person, my bet is on the person though, not purely the product. As any good investor you look at people behind the product to try and judge wether they are invested and capable in bringing the company to fruition.
I agree, I am worried about and want to know how they overcame 2FA, as I had previously thought that to be a solid way to keep safe.
Activity: 238
QUARKCHAIN
July 26, 2017, 11:27:22 AM
Talking about the bounty program, how to track the the results. I mean how do I know about the amount of token I have got?
Activity: 22
July 26, 2017, 11:21:23 AM
The hack is dissapointing and i think we deserve a real breakdown (with detail) of what happened exactly. Keeping it vague is not the best policy to engender trust. Personally I have to look at Reggie Middleton as a person to decide how invested I am in this token, Veritaseum is very much operating as a traditional business riding the wave of a new technology as most most great companies have done in the past. Essencially though we as "investors" are more exposed to potential fraud than would be possible under normal circumstances, for this reason the person behind the company needs to be beyond reproach. I have found nothing to indicate that Reggie is an untrustworthy character so far, he is in his 50's and you would expect some history of previous dodgy endevours and scams. There is more to gain by running this company responsibly and building it up than to risk that by some clever inhouse scam, the risks of running a scam and potentially scamming the Jamaican Stock exchange in the process is equivalent to signing your own death warrent in my opinion. Not something I thin reggie would be foolish enough to do. So yea, he has the power to make or break this endevour and in the process make us a fortune or cause to us to loose the same. Do you trust the guy? Personally i see someone who is ultimately quite trustworthy although not perfect, I am going to hold and keep supporting this project online and in person, my bet is on the person though, not purely the product. As any good investor you look at people behind the product to try and judge wether they are invested and capable in bringing the company to fruition.

Activity: 22
July 26, 2017, 10:34:44 AM

Why not get Dr Pippa Malmgren introduced to Veritasium ?

She seems to:

• understand blockchain assets and their implications for distruption
 • have a strong background in global finance
 • have a strong presence in advising institutional investors

Ha! The very reason she knows so much about blockchain is because she was told by a friend of mine who is good friends with her lol! She was late to the game and didn't really have a clue until informed. She is cool though and would be good to get onboard, she is VERI good at getting the word out there and has the ear of top politicians and decision makers in Congress. I'l make sure my friend makes a point of mentioning VERI and hopefully get her to do an article about it. My friend is heavily invested in VERI so has the insentive Smiley
Activity: 76
July 26, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
@JuanHungLo
 didn't know about this function thank you.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 26, 2017, 08:42:37 AM
Can you two idiots stop saturating this thread with your egotistical bullshit?

Nobody cares about how great you think you are.  People are here because either they invested in VERI or they are interested in it.

So I ask if you both could raincheck your egos and leave this thread.

When I suggested the team to do a comprehensive FAQ, it was never for ego.

I believe I was objective, reasonable, and logical.

It is only subjective, unreasonable and illogical for a person that can do many videos with countless hours of production and viewing time, but cannot do a comprehensive FAQ.

I am not suggesting to write a thick book, nor disclose any trade secret.
Microsoft and others didn't write a FAQ explaining their software codes, so I do not expect the same from Veritaseum.
In case, you also fail to see the usefulness of having a FAQ, then I say you are intellectually blind.
Pages:
Jump to: