Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 98. (Read 415431 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift.io has released the first-ever cryptocurrency exchange app for iPhone. Buy or sell Vertcoin instantly and on-the-go with the ShapeShift App.

Download the app: http://apple.co/1FU6Njm

Learn about the app in this Forbes article: http://onforb.es/1dtZqVX

NOTE: ShapeShift will be adding their Android app soon. Stay tuned!

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
It is nice to have one's own judgement vindicated.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
I like Vertcoin.

So whats happened to the website?

https://vertcoin.org/ seems fine to me.

Also https://www.thisisvtc.com/ loading up fine.

What are you talking about?

I, too, everything works fine.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
if above happens then 1 VTC = 1000$ however thousands will lose their jobs (again)
I don't think so, infant investments (and thats exactly what crypto currencies really are) are for people with savings/money they dont need right away.
Also, there is a huge difference between gold and CCs, the main one being that gold is a highly valued commodity for the last 40-50 centuries. People feel secure when they own gold, because they know that whatever happens they can always rely on the gold. Economy crashes, USD gets hyper-inflated, people getting poorer with the hour - no worries, you still have that gold.
Totally not the same with Cryptos.... If the aforementioned happens, I can bet my shiny ass that cryptos will get blown to bits.

Think about it.. there would be a stampede for gold and silver and there would be nowhere near enough to go around it will become essentially priceless for most folks and at that point people are going to look for alternatives. Bitcoin got a boost when Greece started taking "haircuts" from there bank accounts, what do you think will happen when they start doing this globally and to add credence they have been introducing legislation to allow just that to happen. They are also working hard behind the scenes to end cash and as a side effect (or by design) all transactions will be monitored... I think this alone will draw millions of people into crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1456
if above happens then 1 VTC = 1000$ however thousands will lose their jobs (again)

CC's are really like gold , one should also observe gold price pattern, and it is true that flow of capital to CC has increased over past few weeks, this is not your ordinary p@d

monstrous 2 digit BTC buy order, but top is not selling will have a hard time to fill it, VERT is going further up

1 ~ 5 BTC on occasion someone falls into trap to sell early , could be miners recouping cost but these are small monies

and we breached 540 difficulty , that is a huge hash rate, approaching dark

if vtc goes above 1000 usd i will send you 1 vtc and sell 500vtc, buy apartment yatch and lend the rest of it.  btw remind me of this post if i ever forget that i own vtc Wink

not so infeasible, it would be better that market does not collapse and CC still makes into global payment system,

and btw there is nothing wrong to dream, VERT also might get very strong developers (a team) just like dark and buildup technology further, so that is a plan as you can read dev post here

actually 4 million dollars market cap is very significant, but not as significant as an average venture capital companies get to develop risky applications

i believe vtc can at least get 2 digit usd because vtc dev is good. 3 digit maybe in the very distant future.  Grin

btw vtc is the only coin with sibling mergemineable coin as testnet.  thats awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

CC's are really like gold , one should also observe gold price pattern, and it is true that flow of capital to CC has increased over past few weeks, this is not your ordinary p@d

monstrous 2 digit BTC buy order, but top is not selling will have a hard time to fill it, VERT is going further up

1 ~ 5 BTC on occasion someone falls into trap to sell early , could be miners recouping cost but these are small monies

if vtc goes above 1000 usd i will send you 1 vtc and sell 500vtc, buy apartment yatch and lend the rest of it.  btw remind me of this post if i ever forget that i own vtc Wink

not so infeasible, it would be better that market does not collapse and CC still makes into global payment system,

and btw there is nothing wrong to dream, VERT also might get very strong developers (a team) just like dark and buildup technology further, so that is a plan as you can read dev post here

actually 4 million dollars market cap is very significant, but not as significant as an average venture capital companies get to develop risky applications
legendary

legendary
I don't think so, infant investments (and thats exactly what crypto currencies really are) are for people with savings/money they dont need right away.
Also, there is a huge difference between gold and CCs, the main one being that gold is a highly valued commodity for the last 40-50 centuries. People feel secure when they own gold, because they know that whatever happens they can always rely on the gold. Economy crashes, USD gets hyper-inflated, people getting poorer with the hour - no worries, you still have that gold.
Totally not the same with Cryptos.... If the aforementioned happens, I can bet my shiny ass that cryptos will get blown to bits.

the total opposite from what I am saying, but that is fine  Cool, well, 50% of money devalued like that will have huge impact on the dollar, which loses buying power,

one thing is needed, micro payments or wallets everywhere on micro devices/chips and cheap, believe 21 is working on that but there will be others
Activity: 98
legendary

I think crypto is going to take off across the board soon... The bond market is very shaky and we are seeing signs eerily similar to the 2008 banking crisis.
you might find these an interesting read
http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNewsIntl/stock-market-crash-warren-buffett-indicator/2014/10/03/id/598461/?dkt_nbr=ufos34vz&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral
http://armstrongeconomics.com/models/7219-2/
Activity: 60
I think crypto is going to take off across the board soon... The bond market is very shaky and we are seeing signs eerily similar to the 2008 banking crisis.
legendary
Activity: 896
Wow!  This coin is really being pumped hard.  I'm very surprised.
The roadmap as it currently stands:
  • Fork Monocle to create a new merge-mined coin for testing purposes (this will also serve as a good reference wallet for others wanting to develop their own merge-mined coin for VTC)
fak yea, go Monocle!
legendary
vtc price should at par with xmr because stealth address, im glad i never sell my vtc...  Cool
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
This coin is doing well, so happy that I bought some at 45K.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
posting while we're riding this pump, since it's still not falling
3700% gains so far (from the flat bottom)

Some people have a lot of money and it is hard to predict what they will do with it, at least they are pumping a good coin I guess, way after I sold of course.. haha. Best of luck to the Verters. VTC is a good coin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hi Vertans  Grin

@Jamesl22 when there will be a date for the new update

Maybe detailing roadmap the current progress on upcoming Vertcoin releases and improvements - Vertcoin Stelt Elasticity

Thanks Wink

I simply don't know yet, this is dependent on how many new developers we get and how much time they are able to commit to the project. This will become more clear as time goes on.

The roadmap as it currently stands:
  • Fork Monocle to create a new merge-mined coin for testing purposes (this will also serve as a good reference wallet for others wanting to develop their own merge-mined coin for VTC)
  • Implement elasticity on this new coin. Elasticity will be very experimental so we want to get it right before we start messing with the mechanics of Vertcoin itself
  • Port elasticity to Vertcoin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Hi Vertans  Grin

@Jamesl22 when there will be a date for the new update

Maybe detailing roadmap the current progress on upcoming Vertcoin releases and improvements - Vertcoin Stelt Elasticity

Thanks Wink
Pages:
Jump to: