Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin [VTC][ANN] Segwit Activated | ASIC Resistant Decentralized GPU Mining - page 70. (Read 201382 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Total VTC hashrate is about 26Gh and there is about ~18GH on nicehash. So, generally anybody can spend about 1BTC, rent 18GH (70% hashrate of the network) for day  and activate segwit? Am I right?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
we can't fix it, they have to ....they have more nodes and not all of them are upgraded
Activity: 45
Why some pools like mining pool hub are part-upgraded (upgraded, segwit support 66.67% upgraded, no segwit 33.33%)? How we can fix this?
Activity: 57
MINERS TOMORROW ITS STARTING A NEW PERIOD https://vtconline.org/sf.html TO SUPPORT SEGWIT ITS NEEDED TO USE POOLS THAT ARE 100% UPGRADED, LIKE:
P2POOL
COINOTRON
GIVE ME COINS
VERTERS

THANK YOU,
 ROCKET ITS WAITING  Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
Some pools are not updated 100%, just mine at some which it is.........
Coinotron, etc
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

Can anyone explain, how the segwit cut over actually works?  I see some of the pools are only mining a percentage of segwit blocks? (I don't know if that is the correct term).  or only signaling segwit a percentage of the time?  Or do the miners tell the pool whether to accept it or not? 

If we added mining power, where should it be added to help get segwit accepted? 

I'm just missing some piece of this puzzle....   Smiley
Activity: 30
There's a 2000 VTC bounty available for helping us upgrade the web wallet to work with the latest Vertcoin wallet version v0.11.0.2. The code is here: https://github.com/dayreiner/vertpunk/ and is written in node.js. Please PM me if you are interested.

Does it make more sense to use copay as a starting point? The coinpunk project that it's forked from discontinued development two years ago, and recommends people to use/build something else. I know myriadcoin web wallet is based on copay, and I believe decred as well.

I'll look into it. In that case though we would need a conversion tool for vertpunk wallets and get everyone to convert their wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
There's a 2000 VTC bounty available for helping us upgrade the web wallet to work with the latest Vertcoin wallet version v0.11.0.2. The code is here: https://github.com/dayreiner/vertpunk/ and is written in node.js. Please PM me if you are interested.

Does it make more sense to use copay as a starting point? The coinpunk project that it's forked from discontinued development two years ago, and recommends people to use/build something else. I know myriadcoin web wallet is based on copay, and I believe decred as well.
Activity: 30
Activity: 161

CSV, BIP34, BIP65, BIP66 are locked in. Everyone needs to update to the current wallet to avoid losing coins. Version 4 blocks will be orphaned on the new wallet now .

Does that mean Vrn... address is going to start having all his blocks orphaned in a day or so?

If it's kept in a old wallet no, but if it's moved to an exchange ( they all have updated as far as we know) then yes .

I mean if he is solo mining blocks with an older client, the network won't accept his blocks and his coinbase rewards will be orphaned?
he will notice it once the price jumps like crazy Grin
legendary

CSV, BIP34, BIP65, BIP66 are locked in. Everyone needs to update to the current wallet to avoid losing coins. Version 4 blocks will be orphaned on the new wallet now .

Does that mean Vrn... address is going to start having all his blocks orphaned in a day or so?

If it's kept in a old wallet no, but if it's moved to an exchange ( they all have updated as far as we know) then yes .

I mean if he is solo mining blocks with an older client, the network won't accept his blocks and his coinbase rewards will be orphaned?
Activity: 241

legendary

mo
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Why is Segwit percentage going down?

Why so many miners do not support Segwit
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Why is Segwit percentage going down?
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
If lightning network is not on the roadmap it should be.  Don't worry about funding, once you have Segwit (before Litecoin), Vert price will rise dramatically.

https://segwit.org/my-vision-for-segwit-and-lightning-networks-on-litecoin-and-bitcoin-cf95a7ab656b#.cs3p3gsc3

It's on the roadmap.We will publish an actual roadmap soon

Look forward to it. Perseverance should be rewarded.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000
VrnVLcJ7tNCSjMcSmG5p31XQowCLqqvG2F   30   29.70%   4   unupgraded

Sad Sad Sad Someone can find this asshole?

It's Etoque!

I lol'd  Grin

Also little rectification,I trust more alt than btc for longrun,false to say I don't believe in altcoin lol
If lightning network is not on the roadmap it should be.  Don't worry about funding, once you have Segwit (before Litecoin), Vert price will rise dramatically.

https://segwit.org/my-vision-for-segwit-and-lightning-networks-on-litecoin-and-bitcoin-cf95a7ab656b#.cs3p3gsc3

It's on the roadmap.We will publish an actual roadmap soon
Pages:
Jump to: