Author

Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪ - page 105. (Read 192532 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
i mined at MinePit. yesterday i logged in and saw about more than 15x coin unconfirmed but now only 15 coin unconfirmed, 5 confirmed.. previous blocks not credited, Block Hash all about "null"....what happened??
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
We're down 1615 coins from payouts on the wrong blockchain.

Hopefully everything is cool going forwards but that's the problem we're at now.

virtualcoind getbalance ""

I never thought you can get negative balance.

Pools can and indeed do - it's necessary because the balance is calculated in real time, while effective balance can only be taken from matured and confirmed blocks.
If by some reason the blockchain invalidates the balance in the pool's wallet, then they have a negative balance towards the miners already confirmed shares  Undecided

That's why if these pools don't get out of this predicament, it's almost impossible to payout any mining being done now, back in the right chain, without first paying all the outbalancing confirmed shares ...
Activity: 882
Merit: 515

Hopefully everything is cool going forwards but that's the problem we're at now.

Total donation collected so far: 903.04997028 VC

MineP.it, please let me know the VC addressof your pool, hope this will help.

I never thought you can get negative balance.
Activity: 182

Not a bad suggestion.

Everyone please donate small amount, I will also contribute to
VMSeZ4Ay95n8t4UQKQaUGgQqs7JdPzNtj1

It will be used to donate pool op coins & help back pay some users who lost it. Moreover I think 2x reward will more than likely help out as well.
Smiley

If that means Tales gets to pay every outstanding coin, even though they belong to the wrong chain, then it also means I'm getting my coin back anyway!

I'm in for it - just transferred all  5.70997028 VC (tx: cb9206a9b57a71849f6e7d955800ea28bbfd25f3520f2175905bc4642ed19ca4)

Hope others help out too Smiley
I request all the pool operators still using old code to pause your site or additional coins mined on that invalid blockchain will be a wastage for users.
Not a bad suggestion.

Everyone please donate small amount, I will also contribute to
VMSeZ4Ay95n8t4UQKQaUGgQqs7JdPzNtj1

It will be used to donate pool op coins & help back pay some users who lost it. Moreover I think 2x reward will more than likely help out as well.
Smiley

You are exactly correct.  We aren't seeing a way to repay everybody for the old, invalid blocks at this point.  With quite a bit of database work, we may be able to strip out the  blocks/payouts after block 1611, but we are still in a large debt to miners either way.  Also, sorry for not replying sooner.  Our inboxes are exploding at the moment.

Dev, how's about donating 3000 VC to the pool and we'll pretend like this whole thing never happened Smiley

LOL, the dev has been outsanding, but I dont't know about that ...

As for me, it's simple:
you will get my hash back right now if you simply clear the balance and null the payout Grin  I just want to be sure I can withdrawal any future gains, that's all.

the tx you report is this: 542ab76505d816fabd0930f1939aae3fd18166244af789393e105d654b6ee2d7

v. coinz already paid me all the balance I had due when we first spotted the issues ;P Just dump my part into null and it's fine Smiley

PM if you need anything more.

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

http://vc.talesfromthescrypt.org is also sync (but wait for Pool OP to confirm if ready for mining)

Had outstanding (> block 1611) confirmed balance, tried to cash out, didn't happen Sad

Mailed them for support, still waiting on an answer.

They're on the right chain, but I not sure they'll be able to pay anything mined now until they clear the wrong fork confirmed balances :S

Not sure if I'll jump in and mine with the risk of not getting my coins because of old invalid balance ...

I'm waiting another hour to see if this clears out in a good way.

Meanwhile, v.coinz, despite your efforts, this could be a very tough nail to pull out  Undecided  I don't see many of us willing to mine if this situation doesn't stabilize - is there anything else you can introduce in the code to better protect against chain forking? I'm not a coder, so I cant really help, but things like hardchecks keep poping out in similar situations with other coins? Does this make sence or is i just noob rubish?

Thanks

You are exactly correct.  We aren't seeing a way to repay everybody for the old, invalid blocks at this point.  With quite a bit of database work, we may be able to strip out the  blocks/payouts after block 1611, but we are still in a large debt to miners either way.  Also, sorry for not replying sooner.  Our inboxes are exploding at the moment.

Dev, how's about donating 3000 VC to the pool and we'll pretend like this whole thing never happened Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I see minep.it is on the correct block now.  Is there a reason that I only received 2 of the withdrawals from them out of 10?  I don't see how that is even possible.  The two I received where both in the middle of all the withdrawals.
Just 70 more blocks left before Reward will double 2X.
Make sure you are using version 9.1.3
Please confirm this is correct
Code:
./virtualcoind getblockhash 2917
0000000008879f3bef6fe53ddc0a4fd0fb4c7042d307de7f07e9bc9fec978f3d

If Anyone wants to confirm you are using right blockchain

just run in debug " getblockhash 2917 "
13:16:44
getblockhash 2917
13:16:44

it should match.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I asked europex to update to the new wallet so they did. What I should have said, was delete all files except wallet.dat and then update the wallet.
https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/vc
2 nodes, 106MH/S & difficulty 3.9.
Dev. You mentioned talesfromthescrypt is sync'd.  When can I expect the 72VC's I withdrew from them 2 days ago?  Thanks.

You coins mined upto 1611 should be safe, they just need to restore, please allow them some time.

http://vc.talesfromthescrypt.org is also sync (but wait for Pool OP to confirm if ready for mining)

Had outstanding (> block 1611) confirmed balance, tried to cash out, didn't happen Sad

They're on the right chain, but I not sure they'll be able to pay anything mined now until they clear the wrong fork confirmed balances :S

Not sure if I'll jump in and mine with the risk of not getting my coins because of old invalid balance ...

Meanwhile, v.coinz, despite your efforts, this could be a very tough nail to pull out  Undecided  I don't see many of us willing to mine if this situation doesn't stabilize - is there anything else you can introduce in the code to better protect against chain forking? I'm not a coder, so I cant really help, but things like hardchecks keep poping out in similar situations with other coins? Does this make sence or is i just noob rubish?

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback & support, hardchecks are updated in the code, but cannot be done in future as  no one knows what hash will be. It has more security than bitcoin & litecoin, similar to other X11 coins etc. None of the coins out their can prevent it including bitcoin, litecoin etc.

If pool was in wrong blockchain, your coins after 1611 are lost, but below that were mined are safe. Just give them some time to workout.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Dev. You mentioned talesfromthescrypt is sync'd.  When can I expect the 72VC's I withdrew from them 2 days ago?  Thanks.
Activity: 182
This is crazy. I've deleted all blockchain files and tried a resync from scratch, using wallet 9.1.3 but it is now sticking at 1611. I'm guess TalesFromTheScrypt are having the same issue?

This is using no nodes .. what can we do to get this working properly?

Hi MineP.it,
try this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6259493

It surely will work.

Ok thanks. Missed that post earlier.

We're on block 2917 now.
Activity: 252
Please confirm this is correct
Code:
./virtualcoind getblockhash 2917

Thanks

Jump to: