Pages:
Author

Topic: VirtualMiner.eu - Development discussion - page 7. (Read 16724 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
December 23, 2011, 01:46:49 PM
You forgot ixcoin (I think)

Anyway earnies 2.0 are live 100 blocks per hour at 100 coins per block
December 23, 2011, 12:27:54 PM
Finally finished a vertsion of the exchange that i like... and which seems to be working the way it should Further fixes are now included:
- BTC and Mail address can now be set
- Payment System now works correctly
- Heavy rewrite of "Hashing algorithm", it should lead now to better results at diff..
- Following Names are banned
-- "Bitcoin","Litecoin","Solidcoin","I0Coin","RuCoin","Tenebrix","Fairbrix","Geistgeld","Namecoin" as well as their corresponding abbreviations.
- Added some tweaks to the login system
- Deposits and Withdrawals will be allowed again after 7pm (CET), Login is open again

Currently writing on the following things:
- News on the Desktop (taken from Twitter)
- Alerts for certain events
- Tweaking the UI of the Exchange a bit
- Adjusting the number of Rigs per column to the host's screen resolution

Future features that are planned
- Faucet
- API
- Automatition of certain things

Sorry for the previous fixes taking so long, but naturally the last days of work for the year are always long and stressful. Therefore i normally found the time only after working for like 8 hours at a microscope to do this and then up until late late night.. of course this doesnt lead to any useful results and therefore the "simple" task of rewriting a few pieces of code took me a few days instead of a few hours. But at least i had the chance of testing 6 versions of code for the exchange, allowing me to choose the one that seems to be the most flexible and hence best to adjust and fix if it comes to further bugfixes or improvements.

I did a reset on Chains and transactions again - this was neccessary due to the heavy modifications in how coin transfers are handled and due to the fact that some chains had "bad" names. the current way of handling all stuff looks nice enough to be useful AND extendable in case of need. I also added a 0.3% fee on the exchange to make speculative bubbles a bit harder to achieve... these fees go to the faucet i still write..

So.. have fun with the newest version.. and for a more direct contact you can either pm me on Freenode (Nachtwind) or come to #virtualminer on the same Server.
December 20, 2011, 06:59:46 PM
Is there some chain i forgot?
NMC - Namecoin
GG - Geist Geld

Oh, right, thanks.

Update: 12/21 01:00 CET

Still redoing the exchange.. stupid thing is that i still have a life outside this project that needs much attention as well..

Exchange is almost done, Chain name limitations are finished. login to the website is currently not allowed because some of the changes are not 100% finished. Sorry for that.
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
December 20, 2011, 04:45:26 PM
NMC - Namecoin
GG - Geist Geld
legendary
Hello!
December 20, 2011, 03:57:10 PM
Strange things! Earnies virtual currency has a highest blocks per hour ratio
but it also has the highest difficulty measure. It should be lowest. Why so?

Also you have to rename Target to something else (blocks per hour) because
Bitcoin Target is an absolutely different thing. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Target

Because earnies are MAGICAL
December 20, 2011, 06:22:26 AM
Naturally i dont use a "real" Bitcoin-like algorithm to submit shares etc, therefore my algos are a bit different.
Difference is mainly a factor to keep the real Blocks per Hour as close as possible to the targetted blocks per hour (more or less as in Bitcoin). So with a very high block generation and much vHash put into it the diff raises much higher than on other chains.

I hope that is somewhat understandable.. got a headache and my english therefore sucks right now ,0)

As for naming stuff.. yes, i will add a "ban" on names like BTC or Bitcoin - and of all the alt cryptos that are currently arround namingly:
BTC
LTC
SC
I0C
RUC
TBX
FBX

But back to the exchange code for now.. that is my highest priority today :0)
How come noone told me before it was that badly done?! ;0)
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 19, 2011, 11:34:02 PM
You shouldn't allow people to create chains called "bitcoin", or with the acronym "BTC." It get's really confusing.
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
December 19, 2011, 11:28:52 PM
Strange things! Earnies virtual currency has a highest blocks per hour ratio
but it also has the highest difficulty measure. It should be lowest. Why so?

Also you have to rename Target to something else (blocks per hour) because
Bitcoin Target is an absolutely different thing. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Target
December 19, 2011, 07:56:23 PM
reactivated login..

it is now almost 1am here and i had a hard day.
Wasnt able to solve the Exchange stuff yet (rewriting it currently from scratch).. will do that tomorrow with more free time on my hands... But i solved a dozen other bugs i found along the way (yaaay....)

Deposits and Withdrawals are still deactivated, sorry for that inconvenience. If you want your BTC back until everything is solved just leave me a message, but i hope you trust me enough to not want some refunds now..
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
December 19, 2011, 04:03:21 PM
VirtualMiner.eu BETA Overview

Currency  Blocks-per-hour  Coins-per-block  Coins-per-hour
Tritcoin
December 19, 2011, 11:29:49 AM
1) Added a twitter account - you can find it while searching for "virtualminer"
2) Fixed the balance problem.. was a stupid mistake of mine when opening the website..forgot to set the balance of new users to 0...
3) Withdrawals and Deposits will be reactivated tonight
4) Exchange "broken" - working at it.
5) There is a bug when adding a BTC address, working on that right now (in order to reopen withdrawals and deposits later)
6) Resolution. Gonna add some... system to align the icons better to the systems screens resolution.. currently it is optimised for 1680x1050 which is not everyone's screen..

7) Issuing shares sounds nice.. maybe i do that later
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
December 18, 2011, 05:41:31 PM
I hope that you'll fix Exchange too. Smiley

Also I think that it is a good idea to issue VirtualMiner.eu shares using MyBitcoinTrade.com. Wink
December 18, 2011, 03:07:31 PM
Deactivated Deposits and Withdrawals and restored all balances to what you have deposited till now.. found a major flaw in the registration any payment system (Dont ask me why i havent found this before). Thing just is that i am not even remotely close to my dev machine and fixing this via Cellphone might take longer than just to wait till tomrorow to fix it when i am back home.

Till then any deposits and withdrawals are deactivated.. gonna fix it tomrorow.
December 18, 2011, 06:54:02 AM
Have been trying to login but i can't, also the password reminder isn't working, it just reloads the homepage when i try to login.
I expected my account had been deleted (again, cant remember what the reason was before but it's in this topic somewhere) but i cannot sign up again as that also just reloads the homepage =/

I sent you a private message...

As for the "page reload bug" - can someone confirm? Since the "RC" Launch i have had a few user registrations, so it SHOULD work (i would be surprised if not..), still i would like to know if someone can confirm that.

Oh.. and i will be home by 19/12/2011 (CET) again to write a few things (Password reminder etc). Should finally find some time to do that kind of stuff then.
Major plans are now to set up some user managment things (Password reminder, change pass etc) as well as finishing alerts.. Might add some Twitter account to keep those interestered updated on the progress.

I would ask everyone NOT TO DEPOSIT any more BTC at the moment, there is some Problem with the DB i cannot solve right now!, but i have all your deposits saved so i can refund if wanted. Currently my "user balance" is off by a magnitude of 10.. so might be some people have balances on their account of like 10 Bitcoins although only 1 has been deposited. I will look into this asap. In case i cannot solve this i am able to trace back your deposits and what you "paid" in case you want a refund (i wouldnt complain, but it'd be nice if you could trust me on solving this..).
legendary
Hello!
December 18, 2011, 12:29:30 AM
 Grin

We need mroe people to come play! C'mon guys this is pretty fun. Mine some earnies or rycoins or whatever coins there are now!
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 18, 2011, 12:22:58 AM
Come mine some earnies!
No, mine RyCoins! RyCoins came first!
No ones mining RyCoins until you release the source! This is madness, don't buy into his scam! (It's like we are really in alternative cryptocurrencies now!)
The source will be released in Rycoin 2.0! I'm just fixing the many flaws in Earnies! Wait, rycoins came before earnies! How did Rycoin get to be an earnies fork?
legendary
Hello!
December 18, 2011, 12:17:42 AM
Come mine some earnies!
No, mine RyCoins! RyCoins came first!
No ones mining RyCoins until you release the source! This is madness, don't buy into his scam! (It's like we are really in alternative cryptocurrencies now!)
LZ
legendary
P2P Cryptocurrency
December 17, 2011, 06:39:27 PM
Cool! Smiley
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
December 17, 2011, 06:36:24 PM
Have been trying to login but i can't, also the password reminder isn't working, it just reloads the homepage when i try to login.
I expected my account had been deleted (again, cant remember what the reason was before but it's in this topic somewhere) but i cannot sign up again as that also just reloads the homepage =/
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org