Pages:
Author

Topic: VirtualMiner.eu - Development discussion - page 8. (Read 16724 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 17, 2011, 06:33:40 PM
Come mine some earnies!
No, mine RyCoins! RyCoins came first!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
December 17, 2011, 06:27:13 PM
Come mine some earnies!
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
December 16, 2011, 09:27:36 PM
TO not to have sort of Duke Nukem Forever feelings i opened the page in its current state for "real" gameplay.
There are still a few things i want to add but cant find the time right now (due to working on my master thesis) but which will be added when i find the time.
So .. i think the came can be considered a release candidate for the next few weeks...

Not much has changed for the user since the last experience - except that now Bitcoin deposits and Withdrawals work ;0)
I tested it with a few transactions already and it looked right..

Also, all users that were playing the game so far kept their full equipment, yet of course no coins or even BTC.. Currently there are 0 chains - so be sure to be the first to start the whole stuff!
..oh, and spread the word, such a game only makes sense when people play it ,0)
November 19, 2011, 07:18:38 PM
not at home atm. will add sort of that asap
legendary
Hello!
November 19, 2011, 02:31:13 PM
Can't wait. Can you set up some kind of email alert for when the new version goes live
November 19, 2011, 09:22:33 AM
Alright. The upcoming changes:

- Alerts
Every user can set up alerts (E-Mail, maybe "balloon tooltip"-like) for various events:
-- New Chain created
-- Certain High/Low at the exchange
-- BTC Deposits are counted into the balance

- BitCoin deposits/withdrawals
Once this feature is added your balances, of course, will be zeroed..

- Various bugfixes and cosmetic changes (e.g. Background colour..)

-Early PLayer Bonus
Players from Alpha and Beta will be able to keep rigs up to 1500vH in the final game. All coins though as well as chains will be deleted.

-Faucet code completation
So that some of the "fees" end up in good hands.

That is what i gonna do whenever i find the time on this weekend - once it is done the game will be set to RC and rund for a while with real BTC involved.
legendary
Hello!
November 10, 2011, 04:42:04 PM
neat game
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
November 10, 2011, 04:41:33 PM
Great game! Bug: I can't see my 5th rig because it goes off the screen.
November 07, 2011, 05:00:05 AM
Alright.. that was a longer hiatus than i did expect.. sorry for that.

I will resume developing the game again this week and implement some major stuff now:

- BitCoin payment (maybe altchain payments as well)
- Sending Fork-coins (with "Business API" - maybe)
- implementing last code changes needed for running the game
October 05, 2011, 03:08:55 PM
that wont be much of a problem... will include this Smiley
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
October 05, 2011, 12:52:29 PM
Ok... i am now back in the world of computers..

So.. any suggestions after the shakedown?

Would it be possible to be able to create address for each chain, so that users could send coins to each other?
If this does get popular and incorporates depositing / withdrawing coins, then sending virtual coins to another person will act like payment, as Bitcoin is supposed to.
October 04, 2011, 07:56:11 AM
Ok... i am now back in the world of computers..

So.. any suggestions after the shakedown?
September 26, 2011, 08:34:38 PM
But all those other non virtual chains are guaranteed through non virtual proof of work.  If a virtual chain takes off and it isn't backed by anything, what is stopping you from just printing a bunch for yourself?

You might as well ask why i dont run off with the wallet file when the game started and people did put their BTC into it, or if id'd just create virtual Rigs with a quadrillion vH for myself.
Simple answer: I just wont due it. You have to trust me on that one. Why should i do that in the first place? I have put a lot of work into it and make it as usable as possible, so why destroy that and my name by cheating? Na.. also. IF the game takes off and people se it frquently i have achieved what i wanted.
If you dot trust my sense of fairnes then it is ok. Then dont play the game, but it all is still quite transparent and when i am back from my holidays i will add some more points to make it all look even more transparent so that such.. ideas, like adding coins or so.. wont work anymore.
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
September 26, 2011, 07:33:21 PM
But all those other non virtual chains are guaranteed through non virtual proof of work.  If a virtual chain takes off and it isn't backed by anything, what is stopping you from just printing a bunch for yourself?
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
September 26, 2011, 06:39:40 PM
Who's going to want to buy virtual bitcoins? When they can buy real bitcoins..

Good question ;0)

First of all the game will run on real bitcoins once it is tested enough to make sure that people wont loose hard earned BTC due to my bugs.
Those virtual forks (named: chains) are what you say, virtual coins. But what else are i0coins, ixcoins or SolidCoins? Basically they are comparable. People trade them with real BTC although they have but only virtual value that stems from the computing power put into them. And that is the aim of this game - adding another way of trading virtual currencies (or valuables if you want to call them that way) with real BTC with the big advantage that noone would have to put their miners away from the main Blockchain.

Now you've put it that way, it kind of sounds interesting, but I still don't see it taking off. I for one would prefer it to just be a purely "play-money" game with some sort of donation system or premium feature system instead Smiley Just my 2 bitcents though..

Also I don't mine i0coins, ixcoins or solidcoins, only namecoin and bitcoin Tongue which might explain why I'm not too keen on the gambling aspect of this game
September 26, 2011, 05:20:53 PM
- On vacation for a week. wont be able to bugfix or develop in that time -

If you see any errors or have suggestion please note them here. I will try to batchfix it all in one week and set the stage for the final launch of the game.
September 26, 2011, 08:04:34 AM

Good question ;0)

First of all the game will run on real bitcoins once it is tested enough to make sure that people wont loose hard earned BTC due to my bugs.
Those virtual forks (named: chains) are what you say, virtual coins. But what else are i0coins, ixcoins or SolidCoins? Basically they are comparable. People trade them with real BTC although they have but only virtual value that stems from the computing power put into them. And that is the aim of this game - adding another way of trading virtual currencies (or valuables if you want to call them that way) with real BTC with the big advantage that noone would have to put their miners away from the main Blockchain.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
September 26, 2011, 07:06:00 AM
September 25, 2011, 03:15:49 PM
That is right. Currently everything is purely virtual as there is no point asking you people to throw money at my bugs. In the Alpha version i have had to redesign stuff ever so often that using real BTC would be not right now...

Yet once the game is opened you can add real BTC to your account and pay with these certain fees and of course, gamble on the exchange on the page. if enough people would do this the main aim could be reached with this game: lower the need for pump&dump forks of bitcoin. You could pump and dump on those viortual forks and try to make some BTC on the exchange which you then, of course, could withdraw.
But until i am sure noone looses his hard earned real BTCs due to any programming errors i will keep it as is: purely virtual.

I think that the coming week, when i am not home, might be a good.. shakedown cruise. If noone finds any major bugs in that time i gonna start the game early october.

Todays work:
- A lot of work on the codebase. Many optimisations
- Numbers check fixed (again..and again.. and again..)
- Maximum global Hashrate and Pushing the limit by donating to the faucet
- Faucet code (offline due to the simple reason that no real BTC is involved yet
- Single Click / Double Click behaviour
- Change your Desktop's background color (wallpaper maybe later..)
Activity: 532
Merit: 505
September 25, 2011, 02:45:27 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i can see..
as soon as deposits/withdraws in BTC are possible, there's your gambling element,
by trading entirely virtual coins for (not so virtual) BTCs that you can withdraw and spend on alpaca socks.
you just need to find a buyer for your virtually mined virtual coins.
Pages:
Jump to: