Pages:
Author

Topic: Vitalik and Tual going to end up in jail? - page 3. (Read 10940 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
No one is going to jail, unless it's debtor's prison. They are liable civilly, but unless it is proven this is an inside job, they are not liable for any criminal activity (although some may argue that this oversight was criminally negligent). They will be sued eventually, as an organization, not individuals. But no one is going to jail.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

I hope the law suit will be launched as soon as possible so that the authorities will notice the DAO theft.

ROTFLMFAO!!! Wat?!?!

You silly son.

Yes his intention is silly because he thinks the "thief" will go to jail. But I am interested for this to go to court and see what arguments Vitalik can throw in the court and what counter arguments the "thief" will make in his defense. The "thief" will have the upper hand I predict because he really did not "steal". He used what code was in the contract to transfer funds in his control. He found a legal loop hole.

Do you ever wonder why Vitalik is not after the "hacker"? Because he and the slock.it developers know they have messed up and they cannot go after him and take him to court. They will lose.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

I hope the law suit will be launched as soon as possible so that the authorities will notice the DAO theft.

ROTFLMFAO!!! Wat?!?!

You silly son.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
in for the LULZ
legendary
There are going to be some serious legal concerns with the ETH foundation and exchanges who decide to devalue or steal users funds -

A decision with a 3.6% voting turnout?

http://carbonvote.com/

Kraken's policy is to steal users funds on minority chain.

You can vote there with your Ethereum. But it does not matter much as the miners will vote with their machine on the hard fork.

For the time being, 70% of the miners who voted, they vote for the hard fork. The decision is not final yet.

We just need to wait for 2 to 3 days to see the result of the hard fork. If there is consensus, the price will rise.

The hard fork was a success. There are two chains now. So many people are investing in two chains now.

The Ethereum Classic price is around 0.5 dollar at present. It seems people are interested in both coins.

If Eth survives (long run as in decades) It will be the ETC chain.

Disclaimer: I have never owned any ETH and own NO ETC but have just sparked up a miner for ETC. I decided to not get involved in supporting either fork as I should have had no say in the choice not being a holder, which of course did not preclude me from voicing my opinion on the board which is easily searched.
There are going to be some serious legal concerns with the ETH foundation and exchanges who decide to devalue or steal users funds -

You can vote there with your Ethereum. But it does not matter much as the miners will vote with their machine on the hard fork.

For the time being, 70% of the miners who voted, they vote for the hard fork. The decision is not final yet.

We just need to wait for 2 to 3 days to see the result of the hard fork. If there is consensus, the price will rise.

The hard fork was a success. There are two chains now. So many people are investing in two chains now.

The Ethereum Classic price is around 0.5 dollar at present. It seems people are interested in both coins.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

legendary

LOL, the clusterfuck begins. What their policy should be is anything on the losing fork should get returned on that fork. Idiots.
Activity: 448
Being a key player in pyramid schemes. Hmmm.... somewhat legally risky perhaps to not release full prospectus of your analysis when you've been a public figure in crypto....

Smooth seems to have found a way to game the system

Look at his balance https://steemit.com/@smooth/transfers

He already owns $ 5 Millions at today's market price. Insane.

He acquired nearly 1% back during the "sneaky mine" phase. You can understand why he wasn't willing to attack this coin the way he normally attacks pump and dump scams. That $millions bought his "I am not omniscient about the potential future not being a disaster" attitude.

Btw, smooth is cashing out roughly $50,000 per week. (assuming your $5m valuation of his SP is correct)

Is that a meritocracy  Huh

You can see why he would have an incentive to not speak about how it will be a disaster for those who invest in SP now (requires a 2 year lock up cashed out over 104 weeks), while he is cashing out every week. Chaching. Fools please buy Steemit and give your money to smooth.

He's a multi-millionaire, you are complaining on a messageboard that's heavily dominated by social awkwardness and nerd rage. I think he took a better path.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
There is very little chance of them going to jail if this was truly an oversight. Only way I see jail time is if they find this way an inside iob, which is still on the table IMO. They will, however, may deal with some civil suitage after folks get their money back, and start feeling litigious.

What kind civil case can they be involved. Is it the responsibility the the US police to find the hacker if its citizen lost money?

The code was promised to be without fault. This isn't a hack as much as a feature legally. Meanwhile, a litigant can easily prove that a) they lost value, b) through no fault of their own, due to c) the negligence of the product/service Creator. That sounds like a lawsuit to me, but meh, I didn't waste my money on this so I don't have a dog in the fight. But if I did, I would sue the dev team for negligence, for the above mentioned reasons. Suffice it to say it simply hasn't happened yet.

Definitely lawsuits are a likely possibility. 
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

legendary
There is very little chance of them going to jail if this was truly an oversight. Only way I see jail time is if they find this way an inside iob, which is still on the table IMO. They will, however, may deal with some civil suitage after folks get their money back, and start feeling litigious.

What kind civil case can they be involved. Is it the responsibility the the US police to find the hacker if its citizen lost money?

The code was promised to be without fault. This isn't a hack as much as a feature legally. Meanwhile, a litigant can easily prove that a) they lost value, b) through no fault of their own, due to c) the negligence of the product/service Creator. That sounds like a lawsuit to me, but meh, I didn't waste my money on this so I don't have a dog in the fight. But if I did, I would sue the dev team for negligence, for the above mentioned reasons. Suffice it to say it simply hasn't happened yet.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
Being a key player in pyramid schemes. Hmmm.... somewhat legally risky perhaps to not release full prospectus of your analysis when you've been a public figure in crypto....

Smooth seems to have found a way to game the system

Look at his balance https://steemit.com/@smooth/transfers

He already owns $ 5 Millions at today's market price. Insane.

He acquired nearly 1% back during the "sneaky mine" phase. You can understand why he wasn't willing to attack this coin the way he normally attacks pump and dump scams. That $millions bought his "I am not omniscient about the potential future not being a disaster" attitude.

Btw, smooth is cashing out roughly $50,000 per week. (assuming your $5m valuation of his SP is correct)

Is that a meritocracy  Huh

You can see why he would have an incentive to not speak about how it will be a disaster for those who invest in SP now (requires a 2 year lock up cashed out over 104 weeks), while he is cashing out every week. Chaching. Fools please buy Steemit and give your money to smooth.
Activity: 299

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: